You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Out with 1st hand!!

£2000 BH, £11 but sat`d in for £2,40, was looking forward to it, then this happens in very first hand!!!

I`m never folding 3rd nuts, either first or last hand, just how it goes eh? lol
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Skys_Limit Small blind  10.00 10.00 1990.00
tomallen Big blind  20.00 30.00 1980.00
JMH7 Sit out     
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • J

davelufc Raise  60.00 90.00 1940.00
LEXICON Fold     
POKEOFFU Fold     
Skys_Limit Call  50.00 140.00 1940.00
tomallen Call  40.00 180.00 1940.00
Flop

• K
  • Q
  • Q

Skys_Limit Check     
tomallen Check     
davelufc Bet  90.00 270.00 1850.00
Skys_Limit Call  90.00 360.00 1850.00
tomallen Fold     
Turn

• Q

Skys_Limit Bet  60.00 420.00 1790.00
davelufc Raise  200.00 620.00 1650.00
Skys_Limit Raise  420.00 1040.00 1370.00
davelufc Call  280.00 1320.00 1370.00
River

Skys_Limit All-in  1370.00 2690.00 0.00
davelufc All-in  1370.00 4060.00 0.00
Skys_Limit Show
  • Q

davelufc Show
  • K
  • J

Skys_Limit Win Four Queens 4060.00  4060.00

Comments

• edited August 2012
    When he re-raises the turn, that's almost 100% telling me he's got the Queen. And the all in on the river just confirms he's got it. Just one of them i think bud!
  • edited August 2012
    Wow that's really UL. Not quite sure why the villain defended out of pos with Q5o there?! Speculative to say the least
  • edited August 2012
    Wow that is really bad play.......by you! You bet on the flop, he calls. He bets the turn, you raise, opponent re-raises, you call. River, you go all in! Come On, the oppos betting pattern is SCREAMING I have a Queen. Now i'm not saying you should be folding here, just stop forcing the action. Once you meet resistance, go into check call mode. Ultimately, u mite be put all in on the river, but if that is the case, at least you know when calling u r beating all his bluffs. As it is, once you have shoved, and he calls, you gotta know the best you are doing is splitting Still, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, learn, move on
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!!:
    Wow that is really bad play.......by you! You bet on the flop, he calls. He bets the turn, you raise, opponent re-raises, you call. River, you go all in! Come On, the oppos betting pattern is SCREAMING I have a Queen. Now i'm not saying you should be folding here, just stop forcing the action. Once you meet resistance, go into check call mode. Ultimately, u mite be put all in on the river, but if that is the case, at least you know when calling u r beating all his bluffs. As it is, once you have shoved, and he calls, you gotta know the best you are doing is splitting Still, pick yourself up, dust yourself down, learn, move on
    Posted by memfno
    perfect anylysis v this oppo imo 
  • edited August 2012
    Posted by memfno
    Thanks for the reply and i hear what you`re saying.

Am i way off here when i put him on med PP, and he`s housed up on the turn aswell?

I also didn`t think he had a Q when the turn came, but hey were all wrong sometimes!!!

Not being picky but HE shoved.

Bluffing is also a big part of poker too, we`ve all repped a few hands in our time eh??
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : Thanks for the reply and i hear what you`re saying. Am i way off here when i put him on med PP, and he`s housed up on the turn aswell? I also didn`t think he had a Q when the turn came, but hey were all wrong sometimes!!! Not being picky but HE shoved. Bluffing is also a big part of poker too, we`ve all repped a few hands in our time eh??
    Posted by davelufc
    ul dave i would of put him on pp aswell,no way could you fold here.am sure someone will tell me different.gl m8

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : perfect anylysis v this oppo imo 
    Posted by The_Don90
    How do you know it`s perfect?

It`s exactly just your opinion.

I`ve posted hands before and had 3 or 4 different replies so poker is not an exact science.
    You would be loaded if you knew what to do all the time
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : How do you know it`s perfect? It`s exactly just your opinion. I`ve posted hands before and had 3 or 4 different replies so poker is not an exact science. . You would be loaded if you knew what to do all the time
    Posted by davelufc
    i meant v that specific opponent i think his hand anaylisis is perfect. I never said i could do better than you dave. Slight misunderptitation in my post to you reading it, it would seem. 

I aint folding you hand, but i dont think you need to go busto. 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : Thanks for the reply and i hear what you`re saying. Am i way off here when i put him on med PP, and he`s housed up on the turn aswell? I also didn`t think he had a Q when the turn came, but hey were all wrong sometimes!!! Not being picky but HE shoved. Bluffing is also a big part of poker too, we`ve all repped a few hands in our time eh??
    Posted by davelufc
    dave as far as im concerned you played it right you went for value. yes he could have had the q so what no way to fold just vul 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : dave as far as im concerned you played it right you went for value. yes he could have had the q so what no way to fold just vul 
    Posted by drumahai05
    Thankyou, i appreciate the feedback from a respected player.
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Out with 1st hand!! : Thankyou, i appreciate the feedback from a respected player.
    Posted by davelufc
    No need for digs dave. Clearly in whats been a misunderstanding. 

As for respected, i have a decent record outwith sky poker, and one i am extremely proud of, accomplishments i didnt even dream of before i learn how to play poker. 

But meh a bit of advice was posted to help you and i agreed with it, that is my opinion and that is my right, without opinions life would be boring. 

Tbh if ive offended you then meh it wasnt intended in that manner but tbh meh.