You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

where am i going wrong?

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
can anyone tell me why my writing isn't appearing with the post?

Comments

• edited November 2009
      UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilterunknown  6,592$1  $12  6%$4,862  Super Hot71Sky PokerSNG Only xwebby234         1,942$2  $11  8%$3,452  -72Sky PokerSNG Only x

ok guys  these are my stats and another one of sky's fantastic players stats, now i never play cash and am 95% certain neither does this guy, looking at the stats to me they look pretty decent stats for sit and go play, but what i cant understand is this guy has got the bankroll of david beckham but i have only got the bankroll of michael barrymore! why am i not making money from the game, and most days i wont be able to afford a game , not all down to poker of course, sky bet and sky vegas plays its part in reducing my bankroll significantly!!

what i want to know is with these stats should i be making a profit on poker or not?
  • edited November 2009
    hmmmm I saw the sharkscope breakdown between you and unknown when I first open the thread, but having just refreshed the page, your first post is now blank, so im guessing it was there, unless there was additional text to go with the graphic.

I can only thin k there has to be an issue with the graphic that you've pasted. Was it copied direct from a website, or did you save it as a graphic file prior to posting on here.

Just thinking if its a direct link to another web site, then it may be blocked, or timed out
  • edited November 2009
    there was loads of writing to go with the first post and if you click reply to this post it will show you what i wrote, gonna do it now and hope it appears!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to where am i going wrong?:
      Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter jimifloyd    6,592 $1   $12   6% $4,862   Super Hot 71 Sky Poker SNG Only x webby234           1,942 $2   $11   8% $3,452   - 72 Sky Poker SNG Only x   ok guys  these are my stats and another one of sky's fantastic players stats, now i never play cash and am 95% certain neither does this guy, looking at the stats to me they look pretty decent stats for sit and go play, but what i cant understand is this guy has got the bankroll of david beckham but i have only got the bankroll of michael barrymore! why am i not making money from the game, and most days i wont be able to afford a game , not all down to poker of course, sky bet and sky vegas plays its part in reducing my bankroll significantly!! what i want to know is with these stats should i be making a profit on poker or not?
    Posted by webby234
    this is so frustrating, why did it just not appear on the first post for crying out loud, it has got me so stressed out because it wouldnt let me copy what i had wrote to paste it in after!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to where am i going wrong?:
      Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter jimifloyd    6,592 $1   $12   6% $4,862   Super Hot 71 Sky Poker SNG Only x webby234           1,942 $2   $11   8% $3,452   - 72 Sky Poker SNG Only x   ok guys  these are my stats and another one of sky's fantastic players stats, now i never play cash and am 95% certain neither does this guy, looking at the stats to me they look pretty decent stats for sit and go play, but what i cant understand is this guy has got the bankroll of david beckham but i have only got the bankroll of michael barrymore! why am i not making money from the game, and most days i wont be able to afford a game , not all down to poker of course, sky bet and sky vegas plays its part in reducing my bankroll significantly!! what i want to know is with these stats should i be making a profit on poker or not?
    Posted by webby234
    Are you asking if, with a total profit of $3.4k on poker, you should be making a profit on poker?

• edited November 2009
    Hi Webby

i dont understand your question.  According to scope, you've made a very tidy profit, to the tune of $3452.  Does this not iclude losses or something.  If so, its a clear profit, so well done.
  • edited November 2009
    he is disciplined

you are not and from a thread the other week you have no sense of BRM and also like the sky bet/vegas games.

if your results are that good on poker, then surely it would be best to stop playing the games where you have no edge and concentrate fully on poker.
  • edited November 2009
    this is what i dont understand, i'm not really sure i have made that much money off poker because i'm very rarely flush with the cash, on my cards it shows that i am in profit of around £360 since i joined skybet. have a really won all that on poker and probably lost it on sky vegas or skybet then? are these stats 100% correct and if so, lets get a button that bans me from vegas, i could be quids in at this game!
  • edited November 2009
    Webby, Sharkscope will only track your SNG or tourny play so any money yo uhave leaked playing cash will not be subtacted from your overall amount. If you cash out after good days / weeks then you will prob be in profit but have a bankroll the size you do as you take your money off. If your not taking it off and your not playing cash the for GODS sake stay off sky vegas cos ya sent all your money their way lol

You may find Jimi concentrates just on his poker and doesn't remove money or gamble on other things. Another thing that i know you won't want to hear is jimi probably plays with very strict roll managment meaning he has to maintain such a high bank roll to play at stakes that you may just buy into because you fancy it (not that i think if your just playing fo a laugh these anything wrong with that).
  • edited November 2009
    not sure you should be posting other peoples sharkscopes on here webby ,hope the guy doesnt take offence ..................
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: where am i going wrong?:
    he is disciplined you are not and from a thread the other week you have no sense of BRM and also like the sky bet/vegas games. if your results are that good on poker, then surely it would be best to stop playing the games where you have no edge and concentrate fully on poker.
    Posted by scotty77
    this is my problem i cant seem to stay off the games after a bad hand at poker, i am currently thinking of smoking again so i can go for a smoke instead of going to vegas, surely it would be better for me to start smoking again rather than dumping cash in sky vegas?
  • edited November 2009
    From previous threads I understand that the stats on Sharkscope can't be relied upon, for one thing, as far as I can tell, it doesn't cover cash games just MTT & STT's
  • edited November 2009
    i never play cash anyway, and i did change the name to unknown but for some reason this whole thread will not do what i ask it, for a start the first post wont show the writing that is hidden there!
  • edited November 2009
    hi ten

in defence of webby, i think he had removed the name of the other guy when he posted initially, but with the problems he had getting his text included, he has overlooked that when he resubmitted the post.

I'm sure webby will remove the name when he sees your post mate.  And quit the slow-rolling would you ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: where am i going wrong? : this is my problem i cant seem to stay off the games after a bad hand at poker, i am currently thinking of smoking again so i can go for a smoke instead of going to vegas, surely it would be better for me to start smoking again rather than dumping cash in sky vegas?
    Posted by webby234
    yes cos dropping a few quid />>>>>>>>>> lung cancer

surely tho its a good thing that you can pay for your house game habit thru poker, at least it isn't affecting your real life money
  • edited November 2009
    your  in  profit   so  what  is   it u want  to  know  webby
  • edited November 2009
    From previous threads I understand that the stats on Sharkscope can't be relied upon, for one thing, as far as I can tell, it doesn't cover cash games just MTT & STT's
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    yes it can.  it is 99pc accurate.  the only issue sharkscope has is when you satellite into tournies.

• edited November 2009
    I'm not sure what you are looking for from this thread Webby. You are saying this guy is a god, or similar. Your average profit is double his. He plays 3x as many games to achieve an ROI of 6% compared to your 8%. If you want someone to say well done I'll say it.

Well done!
  • edited November 2009
    just  another  meaning  less  post
  • edited November 2009
    I'm not sure what you are looking for from this thread Webby. You are saying this guy is a god, or similar. Your average profit is double his. He plays 3x as many games to achieve an ROI of 6% compared to your 8%. If you want someone to say well done I'll say it. Well done!
    Posted by elsadog
    lol elsa, i wanna know why i cant afford a game most days and hes playing 6 hours a day at least lol

my stats say i should be playing more than i am doing!!

ps: scrumdown not sure if anyone has asked you this but why oh why does     everyone    of    your     posts   have    massive       spaces    in      them     ?
  • edited November 2009
    My first thought was to post very, very thinly veiled brag.

But w/e

Anyway, instead of smoking, or spewing at table games, just take a trip to palm springs imo.
  • edited November 2009
    UsernameGames PlayedAv. ProfitAv. StakeAv. ROITotal ProfitFormAbility /100NetworkFilter
    elsadog193$6  $13  49%$1,250  -78Sky Poker x
    webby234         2,397$2  $9  7%$4,447  -72Sky Poker  
    Well your making more than me for a start......however I do have a little fishy picture on mine but it's not come on screen here
  • edited November 2009
    just use sit and goes, my stats look better lol
  • edited November 2009
    Username Games Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form Ability /100 Network Filter elsadog 193 $6   $13   49% $1,250   - 78 Sky Poker   x webby234           2,397 $2   $9   7% $4,447   - 72 Sky Poker     Well your making more than me for a start
    Posted by elsadog
    Very impressive, and only a month ago you were off the rails lol. Your defo a shark lol
  • edited November 2009
    w tf is up with this ROI
    scotty77         81$12  $10  1%$987  -70Sky PokerSNG Only x
    stats forall games is better
    scotty77307$13  $15  65%$4,022  -80Sky Poker x
    weeeeee my other ID, which is now closed, back in the day when you was allowed multiple accounts cos sky would only let you put one card on your account
    ??????????      
    28$28  $17  173%$795  -82Sky Poker 
  • edited November 2009
    Lay up donking cash on the horses and footy mate.

Give it a month without Sky bet and come back and tell us how your balance is.
  • edited November 2009
    same reason u have to show every bad beat u had on the forum :)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: where am i going wrong? : Very impressive, and only a month ago you were off the rails lol. Your defo a shark lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Not really, and this is where these type of numbers can mislead. I'm not taking the game very seriously at the moment and what you see is a strong decline from where it was some time ago. Interpretation is everything, misconception is dangerous.

Once a fish always a fish.
  • edited November 2009

[ ] $5 per game
    [ ] volume
  • edited November 2009
    same reason u have to show every bad beat u had on the forum :)
    Posted by scrumdown
    if that's making you put countless spaces in between words then that's fine by me lol