You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cracking Game of Poker

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Just had the priveledge of playing a fantastic game of poker with the APAT wannabes, Sky are going to be taking a formidable team to this event if the first freeroll is anything to go by.
SolarCarro1£2584000 
tallboy2£150 
Sky_Dave3£100
I learnt so much about aggression needed to win a tourney in the last hour, the final table was epic, Sky Dave even raising all in with 4 2 with a mistimed steal but then cleverly flat calling AA to trap an opponent (sorry to give away your secrets Dave)

Great railing from my new buddies jamieou and mike1975 (at least I used your chips wisely Mike)

Can't wait for next week

Dave

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Congrats mate, the standings are on the APAT thread
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Cracking Game of Poker:
    Just had the priveledge of playing a fantastic game of poker with the APAT wannabes, Sky are going to be taking a formidable team to this event if the first freeroll is anything to go by. SolarCarro 1 £25 84000   tallboy 2 £15 0   Sky_Dave 3 £10 0 I learnt so much about aggression needed to win a tourney in the last hour, the final table was epic, Sky Dave even raising all in with 4 2 with a mistimed steal but then cleverly flat calling AA to trap an opponent (sorry to give away your secrets Dave) Great railing from my new buddies jamieou and mike1975 (at least I used your chips wisely Mike) Can't wait for next week Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Well Played Dave, mike and Dave

Its always good to get off to a flyer in this sort of league

Greg
  • edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    I just wanted to say congrats to all who played tonight - a top quality game and a standard of play that bodes well for the APAT team when selected.

Not had that much fun in ages, even when I managed to spanner my chips into the middle with four high. *cough*
  • edited November 2009
    Well played all. By the sound of it, Sky will have an awesome team when the time comes.
  • edited November 2009
    There is always a time for the 4-2 to be played, and blind stealing is one of them!

Sky_Dave -- another example of why this forum needs a BBV category!
  • edited November 2009
    Well played to all those who took part tonight.... nice to get a few points on the board
    Have had bt for a year now and it decided to cut my broadband signal,however three reboots and all sorted...typical
  • edited November 2009
    Agreed! even though i was card dead tonight great game and a very high level of poker played! WD all ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Was a great game tonight, looking forward to the next 4. Nice to get a decent start (I bubbled lol) and the final table was one of the best I've played on Sky.

Just wish I'd won a flip at the death lol!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cracking Game of Poker:
    Was a great game tonight, looking forward to the next 4. Nice to get a decent start (I bubbled lol) and the final table was one of the best I've played on Sky. Just wish I'd won a flip at the death lol!
    Posted by Kaidus
    Yeah sorry mate I won every coin flip I entered and just had one of those nights where everything falls for you, well played and see you next week!

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    well done on the win :)
  • edited November 2009
    the first freeroll?, what are these freerolls of which you speak?
  • edited November 2009
    well done on the win :)
    Posted by namesb0nd
    There are a few threads going, there are 5 freerolls to pick an 8 man team to represent Sky Poker at the APAT tournament in Manchester in January, 28 of us expressed an interest so the 8 man team is being picked on a league table basis after 5 freerolls have been played, Sky kindly put up £50 per freeroll as there is an entry fee of £50 per team member who plays in Jan.

Hope that clears it up.

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Cracking Game of Poker : There are a few threads going, there are 5 freerolls to pick an 8 man team to represent Sky Poker at the APAT tournament in Manchester in January, 28 of us expressed an interest so the 8 man team is being picked on a league table basis after 5 freerolls have been played, Sky kindly put up £50 per freeroll as there is an entry fee of £50 per team member who plays in Jan. Hope that clears it up. Dave
    Posted by SolarCarro
    Sorry that was a reply to Nirvana

Dave
  • edited November 2009
    well played last night Solar, you seemed to run over us all night.
  • edited November 2009
    well played last night Solar, you seemed to run over us all night.
    Posted by labrat64
    Cheers Labrat, I just had one of those games, very early treble up with the nuts and then lots of AA KK and AK hole cards followed by dream flops and when it got to later stages all the right cards at the right time. 

Had a bad run recently and was nice to play a proper game of poker with no bullets to get me!!

4 more games left so anybody can make the team, gl next week

Dave