You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WHY ARE INVITES SO........TOP SECRET

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
I want to know why certain tournaments are so hush hush in that if people ask how to qualify for an invite it falls on deaf ears.What is the point in having these if no one has any idea whatsoever what the criteria needed is?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    well   said   debobs  67   like  that   apta   one   y  is  there  no  more  regulars  invited
  • edited November 2009
    seems  like  if  your  face  fits  here
  • edited November 2009
    I,ve been there today thread shut down.

never again
  • edited November 2009
    they are INVITE'S for a reason, really gets on my nerves when people reckon they should be invited to every freeroll that sky run, and no i am not eligible to take part.
  • edited November 2009
    they are not secret.  The top 200(i think) poker point earners for the month will get an invite.
  • edited November 2009
    theres a lot annoys you.  But we are entitled to ask okay.

n Response to Re: WHY ARE INVITES SO........TOP SECRET:
    they are INVITE'S for a reason, really gets on my nerves when people reckon they should be invited to every freeroll that sky run, and no i am not eligible to take part.
    Posted by webby234
  • edited November 2009
    I think that you'll find that the method for qualifying for the "Nuts Exclusive" is secret - at least Sky_Rich is not prepared to divulge what the qualification criteria are.

There is a HUGE difference between asking for the password for a freeroll and asking what the qualification criteria are so please don't be so quick with your critical replies. It is perfectly reasonable to ask why freerolls are in the lobby for which the qualifying criteria are not known.
    If it is for the promotion of a magazine (or whatever) then surely the promoters would like the fact advertised.
  • edited November 2009
    webby  nobody  said  they  should  get  an invite  just  wanted  to  know  what  the  CRITERIA  was

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE INVITES SO........TOP SECRET:
    Posted by webby234
    A bit unfair Webby and a bit of an assumptin that the poster thinks they should be invited. They simply ask why all the Top Secret stuff. no one will tell anyone how to become eligable which is a very different thing to people thinking they should be invited.

I find this a frustration myself as whenever you ask the mods they just say they can't tell you. I don't mind not getting an invite but i think if something is happening on the site that people are interested in and the ask how they COULD become eligable it's a bit daft for the staff to deny basic information to the people who pay to play here
  • edited November 2009
    I know how to get an invite which I cant say but dont understand why not as it aint a big deal

I think that you'll find that the method for qualifying for the "Nuts Exclusive" is secret - at least Sky_Rich is not prepared to divulge what the qualification criteria are. There is a HUGE difference between asking for the password for a freeroll and asking what the qualification criteria are so please don't be so quick with your critical replies. It is perfectly reasonable to ask why freerolls are in the lobby for which the qualifying criteria are not known. If it is for the promotion of a magazine (or whatever) then surely the promoters would like the fact advertised.
    Posted by MereNovice
  • igeige
    edited November 2009

so if the nuts exclusive is a secret if you qualify do you get told how you qualified if you get my drift?

• edited November 2009
    i was just saying its the same everytime a new freeroll appears, thanks for your 2 penneth though guys!
  • edited November 2009
    so if the nuts exclusive is a secret if you qualify do you get told how you qualified if you get my drift?
    Posted by ige
    Possibly, but then they have to kill you.
  • edited November 2009
    The APAT one was advertised on 28th October on a forum thread, I guess if you wanted to be considered your registered your interest on there, and Im guessing that as they need 10 players and are running 4 qualifiers over the next 4 weeks, there were lots of people interested in playing them (i'm not one of them I didnt see the thread until today, and this is why I keep saying that threads about tournies should be in there own section on teh forum and not in general , cos these can be easily missed).

I agree with Debs in respect of the Nuts one, to say you can only play in it if invited, isnt really a reason. All it needed was an answer of its a promotion for xxxx, and is not a specific Sky event, (ie in may have been run as part of a competition  outside of Sky, which Sky have agreed to host ). It might be a comp whereby SKy has selected xxx number of players at rnadom, again if that was the case then why not say so, or if its for players that deposit 10k in a month, it could even be a tounry that one of the members has asked Sky to host for a group of that members friends, and again if that was the answer then it would be very easy to explain.

Webby - I understand what you are saying, but obviosuly when regulars see private tournies its arouses their interest and thus they ask how they can play it. To be given an answer of "its invitiational" just invokes more questions, and doesnt answer the original query.

Even if they said that invitations would only be sent to people who have ginger hair, 9 fingers, grey eyes, and born on 29th February then at least everyone would know if they were likely to receive an invite or not :)
  • igeige
    edited November 2009

so i guess well never know then. gotta say sounds very sketchy.would still like reply though sky plz

• edited November 2009
    Agree with all you say there, well put across
    The APAT was threaded through the general thread and I didnt look in as I thought it was of no interest to me.

If it was in announcement thread I would have looked into it and subsequently applied.

The APAT one was advertised on 28th October on a forum thread, I guess if you wanted to be considered your registered your interest on there, and Im guessing that as they need 10 players and are running 4 qualifiers over the next 4 days, there were lots of people interested in playing them (i'm not one of them I didnt see the thread until today, and this is why I keep saying that threads about tournies should be in there own section on teh forum and not in general , cos these can be easily missed). I agree with Debs in respect of the Nuts one, to say you can only play in it if invited, isnt really a reason. All it needed was an answer of its a promotion for xxxx, and is not a specific Sky event, (ie in may have been run as part of a competition  outside of Sky, which Sky have agreed to host ). It might be a comp whereby SKy has selected xxx number of players at rnadom, again if that was the case then why not say so, or if its for players that deposit 10k in a month, it could even be a tounry that one of the members has asked Sky to host for a group of that members friends, and again if that was the answer then it would be very easy to explain. Webby - I understand what you are saying, but obviosuly when regulars see private tournies its arouses their interest and thus they ask how they can play it. To be given an answer of "its invitiational" just invokes more questions, and doesnt answer the original query. Even if they said that invitations would only be sent to people who have ginger hair, 9 fingers, grey eyes, and born on 29th February then at least everyone would know if they were likely to receive an invite or not :)
    Posted by Aski
  • edited November 2009
    guys,

i think this issue needs clearing up as there are quite a few threads doing the rounds asking the same question.

the poker team often organise freerolls designed to attract new / specially targeted players. if your account meets all the qualification criteria you will be sent and invite and be eligible to play. the poker team also from time to time hold private exclusive tournaments for business partners. unfortunately some of these are not open to existing players who already play on the site.

i fully understand that is can be extremely frustrating to those of you who regularly play here and feel you are missing out on something. however here at Sky Poker and in this very community we are always trying to think of new and exciting ways to reward our players, be that many different freerolls, competitions to win tournament entries and merchandise giveaways to name but a few.

The Poker team do a lot to listen and reward players and this isn't something that will be stopping any time soon. i can't give away too much info at this time (the plans are all very hush hush) but there will be some fantastic initiatives happening this Christmas so keep your eyes peeled right here in the forum

(with much more information on this to come soon...)

hope this has helped clear a few thing up.

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    another quick note - i have had to delete a few posts in this thread. please can we all try and keep things friendly. i know at times we can all become heated but this community is all about open, friendly discussion and lets all try hard to keep it this way.

thank you for your understanding

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    thank you sky rich for this communication,i see some posts have been removed,fair enough and i apologise for one of mine.ty again
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Rich for the reply.

I think the concern was more to do with not being able to enter these tournies, but the ambiguity in the replies received to genuine enquiries, together with people unsure if they have been invited and missed it. Once players know if they are eligible or not, then they also know if they should be looking for an invite.

Many thanks once again

Aski :)

• edited November 2009
    no problem at all. you can be 100% sure that any players due an invite to any tournaments will be effectively communicated with.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Guys,
    Can I clear up something about the APAT team freerolls.
    This was an idea from one of the Sky players, from a while back, and was taken up by another. It has never come from Sky themselves. They have given us a method of picking a team, apart from that they had NO part in choosing who plays in these games.
    The thread for this was up for enough time and was by general consensus, closed on a specific date. Following that date we were granted a place in the APAT team competition and everyone who had originally shown an interest were then contacted again to confirm their interest.
    NOTHING has been done underhanded and there are some excellent players, who, if I was picking a team would definitely be in it.
    There are freerolls that others can get into but I cant, that's life and i just get on with it.

Hope this explains this ok
    col
  • igeige
    edited November 2009
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks Rich.

P.S Would'nt say either of the two posts deleted were bad and if you make the forum to sterile it could become quite boring.

"PC police gone mad" saying springs to mind. 
  • edited November 2009
    I guess some of the private freerolls are for people who sign up via a 3rd party - so new customers. For example, say I had a website and I had a link 'Join Sky Poker here', then they might do a freeroll for those particular signups - a sort of 'Welcome freeroll'.
    That's my interpretation anyway.

I don't think it's anything we need to get stressed about :)

• edited November 2009
    I guess some of the private freerolls are for people who sign up via a 3rd party - so new customers. For example, say I had a website and I had a link 'Join Sky Poker here', then they might do a freeroll for those particular signups - a sort of 'Welcome freeroll'. That's my interpretation anyway. I don't think it's anything we need to get stressed about :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Stressed?
    Who's getting stressed???
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: WHY ARE INVITES SO........TOP SECRET : Stressed? Who's getting s t r e s s ed ???
    Posted by MereNovice
    I DON'T KNOW, JEEEEZ - STOP HAVING A GO! AGGHH!

• edited November 2009
    thank you sky rich for this communication,i see some posts have been removed,fair enough and i apologise for one of mine.ty again
    Posted by debdobs_67
    You being naughty again lol. I seen these freerolls and looked into one of them. It was done in partnership with an online poker forum, and was used to attract members, it cost £5 with the other forum, you had to be new to sky, and the other forum payed a lump sum into the kitty. Im not saying this is the case here but i would suspect it is and would have something to do with a corporation (maybe a magazine) to promote sky poker and its affiliates.
  • edited November 2009
    Have you heard of `the nuts poker league`, its pub poker basically.  They had a skin under the ipoker network but have recently shut down for whatever reason (the site not the live league).

Before they aquired their own site, when the league was still in its infancy, they played the league finals on a site called poker plex when it was under cryptologic (crypto has also folded btw).

The heading for this was something very similar, so maybe they are using sky to host this game, i dunno.

• edited November 2009
     Special £1,000 on-line Freeroll with Sky Poker

We are pleased to announce that sky poker have offered to stage £1,000 freerolls purely for Nuts Players who currently do not have a Sky account.

These will be held on Sky Poker on Sunday 29th November and Sunday 13th December 2009.

If you currently do not have a sky account, and would like to play in the events, you have to click on the link below, to open an account and then register for the events.
    this you clear things up for some of you