You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst beat I have ever had

edited June 2009 in Poker Chat
Was playing in the Bounty Hunter then was going ok at first then lost a few hands and with the blinds going up quick I felt like I needed to push pretty soon. This is how the hand played out:

I was the small blind with 1885 and the blinds being 200/400

I am dealt Ace(Clubs)-Jack(Spades)

One person calls the big blind of 400. He had 19175 in chips.

This was the best hand I have had in a while and with my chips and the blinds growing constantly I pushed all in.

He calls. He shows he has 9(Diamonds)-2(Diamonds). I am looking very strong to double up.

Flop comes down 2(Spades)-3(Hearts)-9(Hearts)

I could not believe it.

Turn comes down as 6(Diamonds)

Just to annoy me even more the River comes down as 2(Clubs)

He hits a Full House

Utter joke in my opinion! Not having any luck at all at the moment when going all in with the bullets against pocket jacks and they hit the jack on the river.

I know this person did have a lot of chips but come on calling my all in with 92. The luck always seems to go the way with the chip leaders on the table even with joke hands like this one.

Comments

• edited June 2009

I think you have to take into account here that the villain isn't really risking a huge amount to take your bounty - based on what you said above its only 1400 more for him to call, about 7% of his stack, and if he assumes he's up against any A he's only about 65/35 dog at worst

When you're chipped up you can make these calls - 6 times out of 10 you'll double through, this is one of the times where it didnt work out but ultimately you want him to call  

• edited June 2009
    In Response to Re: Worst beat I have ever had:
      I think you have to take into account here that the villain isn't really risking a huge amount to take your bounty - based on what you said above its only 1400 more for him to call, about 7% of his stack, and if he assumes he's up against any A he's only about 65/35 dog at worst When you're chipped up you can make these calls - 6 times out of 10 you'll double through, this is one of the times where it didnt work out but ultimately you want him to call  
    Posted by lincs67
    Yeah can understand why he called but just could not believe it when he hit a full house lol. My luck at the moment is none existent haha!