You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'MAC" The Mouth!!

2»

Comments

• edited November 2009
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
    Edmund Burke.

While it is a bit OTT for Mr. McCririck's attitude to be classed as evil it is wholly unacceptable and people should speak out against it.

It seems that Sky have deemed that the program is not suitable to be repeated which must be a good thing.
  • edited November 2009

Well for me it was like watching "Fawlty Towers" over again,  with John McCririck as Basil and DP as 'Sybil' .. for what it's worth DP took the reins well , stopped him when he needed to and let ED "Manuel"  flounder in disbelief...  !!
     To be fair some of ED's questions about   "Mac's" Vegas nights were truly inspired .. all in all the boys handled Mac brilliantly and as for the comments about beating Sarah saying she was useless, well it may have come over a bit harsh, but that's him ..he takes the micky about all women in sport, even calls his own wife  'the boobie' in public ...
    Also if he'd have realised Sarah had got help from TK (as Ed told us) then he would have said the same thing  ...  For me it was a very funny night, entertaining and well done to DP and ED for handling 'the mouth' ....

• edited November 2009
      I am actually very divided on the man. I find his comments to be offensive and rude, but at the same time he also says some things that others wish they could say and dont.

My main thing division is i am not sure if we are talking about him as a person or as a persona. If the comments and nasty remarks are truly him then the comments in this forum about him are fully justified. But if this is just a persona he has created to cause controversy and keep him in work then he should be regarded as a genius because he has achieved it perfectly.

Just an idea i thought i would throw out to see what people think
  • edited November 2009
    From the comments posted here I am glad that I made the decision not to watch this show. 

I HOPE that whoever made the decision to book John McCririck for this show makes a personal apology to Sarah and that Mr McCririck is never again allowed onto the show.
  • edited November 2009
    his wife comes out of this looking really bad,hard to imagine any woman would choose this loathesome individual as a partner...but she did,how embarrassing.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!!:
    From the comments posted here I am glad that I made the decision not to watch this show.  I HOPE that whoever made the decision to book John McCririck for this show makes a personal apology to Sarah and that Mr McCririck is never again allowed onto the show.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    its entertainment u tart ... dont fish for apollogies ....im bored with all this correctness.... bring on the fun and learn how to play AQ
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : its entertainment u tart ... dont fish for apollogies ....
    Posted by themackem
    lol  hahahaa    I loved the show .. more   more   more   more 
       DP  you were a STAR  and 'mystic ED'   :))
  • edited November 2009
    personally i love the guy
  • edited November 2009
    anyone else see him on soccer am?
    he had nothing but praise for helen, because she gave him as much verbal back as he dished out.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: 'MAC" The Mouth!! : The truth hurts, doesn't it? lol, you could have added football, cricket,rugby etc etc lool, but you could win the world deep fried battered mars bar eating championship lol
    Posted by loonytoons
    Hi Loony

Regarding the above statement, I have been looking forward to your revising your position, to declare Scotland giants of the rugby world, having just trounced the mighty Australia!  Perhaps you have posted it in another thread mate, and ii just havent come across it yet.  If so, please point me in the right direction lol.
  • edited November 2009
    anyone else see him on soccer am? he had nothing but praise for helen, because she gave him as much verbal back as he dished out.
    Posted by booboo69
    Yeah I saw that. I really REALLY hope you're not trying to make a point that his behaviour is justified because of that - If you have to accept insults because you're expected to insult back then the world would be a right 'orrible place. And yeah I know it can be seen as 'banter' but just because one person sees it that way doesn't mean that's what it is.