You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£2 Deepstack - Easy fold pre?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Is this an easy and correct fold pre?  I have about 12k by the way

I'm always suspicious of 4x raises at this blind level from such a short stack, and then the flat call from another shorty. The two people to act behind me both had me covered. If these 2 bigger stacks weren't there, I'd be thinking fold or re-jam and to be honest, I lean towards re-jam, but didn't know what to do with them stacks behind.

Please ignore the fact I flopped the dream card, then rivered the house :(
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LadyLeo Small blind   100.00 100.00 8125.00
lostfan815 Big blind   200.00 300.00 48722.50
  Your hole cards

bigron147 Raise   800.00 1100.00 5740.00
DamonB Call   800.00 1900.00 3335.00
Rasalom Fold        
Lambert180 Fold        
LadyLeo Call   700.00 2600.00 7425.00
lostfan815 Call   600.00 3200.00 48122.50
Flop

• A

LadyLeo Bet   200.00 3400.00 7225.00
lostfan815 Call   200.00 3600.00 47922.50
bigron147 Raise   800.00 4400.00 4940.00
DamonB Fold        
LadyLeo Call   600.00 5000.00 6625.00
lostfan815 Fold        
Turn

LadyLeo Bet   200.00 5200.00 6425.00
bigron147 Raise   1000.00 6200.00 3940.00
LadyLeo Call   800.00 7000.00 5625.00
River

LadyLeo Bet   200.00 7200.00 5425.00
bigron147 Call   200.00 7400.00 3740.00
LadyLeo Show
  • J
  • A

bigron147 Show
  • K
  • K

LadyLeo Win Two Pairs, Aces and 8s 7400.00   12825.00

Comments

• edited August 2012

u can set mine here imo especially with the big stack in the bb.. with 12k behind u defo got implied odds

fold isnt awful but u can call

the big stacks behind mean u can set mine more cos they can afford to peel with junk... and they need a decent hand to squeeze against shorties!

• edited August 2012
    id call with a 12k stack with implied odds knowing if u hit ya set can win massive pot any less then 10k id fold 
  • edited August 2012
    My thinking was that the only players I know that are definitely coming along are the 2 stacks that are no-where near enough big enough to give me the implied odds to setmine.

EDIT: @DONK - The implied odds aren't there though against two very short stacks, so I'd need at least one of the bigger stacks to flat too.
  • edited August 2012
    well yeah but with lostfans stack and he is bb more then likely he would call what do i know im terribad
  • edited August 2012
    v.tight fold imo

Even more so with two good size stacks behind. Super tight

• edited August 2012
    would need reads on opening sizing to fold here, if it's super tight then a fold is fine - if not then jam

if you were last to act then don't mind the set mine, but with players behind a fold is abso fine - don't hate the set mine though

• edited August 2012
    Is t just me or is the BB the only other stack above 6k. Therefore i dont think we're getting odds unless we get multiple stack offs, IMO
  • edited August 2012
    Yes you're right Don, this was kinda the root of my question. The BB has a big enough stack for the implied odds but I can't be sure he'll call. I can't set-mine against these smaller stacks, but would re-jam over them if there wasn't a massive stack to my left.
  • edited August 2012
    player 1 has around 30bb
    player 2 has around 20bb
    player 3 sb has around 40bb
    player 4 bb has millions

you don't really wanna go all in vs any of these stacks with 77, could be ok vs 20bb but he wasnt opener and there's two big stacks behind so raising is bad imo
    folding is tight because there's all ready quite a bit in the pot and two players potentially to knock out, plus two bigger stacks behind
    calling is SIK.

I don't think folding is the WORST thing in the world. but I do think it's tight
  • edited August 2012
    Hi Lambert
    You are using less than 10% of your stack to set mine which i feel is acceptable. The flop, even if it hits, may give you a diffcult decision though. Folding, i'd understand too. The bet size , as you say, is suspicious though its drawing attention to themselves so defeats the object IMO.
    One good thing is that i didn't look at the full hand just your stack size, position, hand, and m value. Looking at it now, i still think the flop gave you an Ace and bigron may have reraised again to put AA as his hand in your mind. I think you may have bitten the bullet as i'd have thought his call of 4xbb suggestested TT+, AQ+ more myself.
    It's one of those hands though where you kick yourself but think of the times when you did the same and the other player ended up with a higher set......no you can't can you.....poker's like that. All the best!
  • edited August 2012
    ooop thought 12k was effective, no you can't set mine here - just fold or jam

u have 12k dohhhhhhhhhh! effective is 5k
    you can only set mine versus the effective stack
    just calling and hoping big stack behind you flats :S is just crazy bad
  • edited August 2012
    I think we can call here by us calling we are giving the blinds better odds to come also which could have 5 players to a flop which is what we want when set mining .

plus you will have position after flop so depending what comes on the flop you can take a stab if opponents show weakness or looks like could have missed them.

but also dont mind folding pre either defo not 3betting with 7`s because if utg 4bets allin i`m not calling.

so personally I flat don`t know if it right or wrong just my opinion

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: £2 Deepstack - Easy fold pre?:
    Hi Lambert You are using less than 10% of your stack to set mine which i feel is acceptable. The flop, even if it hits, may give you a diffcult decision though. Folding, i'd understand too. The bet size , as you say, is suspicious though its drawing attention to themselves so defeats the object IMO. One good thing is that i didn't look at the full hand just your stack size, position, hand, and m value. Looking at it now, i still think the flop gave you an Ace and bigron may have reraised again to put AA as his hand in your mind. I think you may have bitten the bullet as i'd have thought his call of 4xbb suggestested TT+, AQ+ more myself. It's one of those hands though where you kick yourself but think of the times when you did the same and the other player ended up with a higher set......no you can't can you.....poker's like that. All the best!
    Posted by profman15
    Profman, if I do call and his this flop, I am never folding in a million years, if it's set over set, then so be it, but I'm not folding at any point in the hand after I've seen the flop.

I know I'm deep enough to set-mine, but the problem is, my opponents (or at least the ones I know that are playing the hand so far) are not deep enough. My stack is irrelevant really, when taking into account my opponents have less.