You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Think I porbably should've folded, thoughts?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
oynutter Small blind   150.00 150.00 15255.00
l3ongx Big blind   300.00 450.00 8857.50
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

pdavo100 Fold        
AM338 Raise   750.00 1200.00 14255.00
skicowboys Fold        
chew07 Fold        
oynutter Raise   1500.00 2700.00 13755.00
l3ongx Fold        
AM338 Raise   3600.00 6300.00 10655.00
oynutter All-in   13755.00 20055.00 0.00
AM338 All-in   10655.00 30710.00 0.00
oynutter Unmatched bet   400.00 30310.00 400.00
oynutter Show
  • A
  • A

AM338 Show
  • K
  • A

Flop

• K

Turn

River

oynutter Win Two Pairs, Aces and 9s 30310.00   30710.00

Comments

• edited August 2012
    You played it fine

AK into AA is just a cooler in an mtt in this spot
  • edited August 2012
    I dunno Hoggers... I mean you're a far better MTT player than me, but he's nearly 50BB deep, he puts in a fairly standard raise and then gets clicked back which is always fishy, then he puts in a tiny 4bet, and gets jammed on. Surely the guy is NEVER gonna have a worse Ax this deep, so you're flipping at best.

Thoughts?
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Think I porbably should've folded, thoughts?:
    I dunno Hoggers... I mean you're a far better MTT player than me, but he's nearly 50BB deep, he puts in a fairly standard raise and then gets clicked back which is always fishy, then he puts in a tiny 4bet, and gets jammed on. Surely the guy is NEVER gonna have a worse Ax this deep, so you're flipping at best. Thoughts?
    Posted by Lambert180
    once you decide to 4 bet you cant fold imo

prob best to just flat the 3 bet and pot control in hindsight but it really does depend on alot of other factors as to whether u want to get it all in pre here or not...
  • edited August 2012

Getting re-raised out of the small blind is never a good thing IMO but even if you do just flat it, the same outcome comes after that flop ... Looking back saying "i should have seen he has Aces" is always easy but hindsight is a great thing. Its a pity you run into someone with an equally good stack as having so many BB's at this stage is a good thing but if you fold in these spots, your going to find yourself soon dwindling away.

K

• edited August 2012
    He 3bets by clicking back and then jams your 4 bet, he's not holding anything you're beating and you can (IMO) still fold here as you've still got 30bb's left behind. It's not often I 4 bet fold but I do think there's enough reasons for you to do it here.
  • edited August 2012
    Flat 3 bet and go bust on flop with a or k and c/f any other flops. Kinda negative unless your going to 4 bet to fold to a 5 bet but then why 4 bet, just flat and see flop. No need to go bust here.
  • edited August 2012
    Thought about just flatting pre-flop, but then I'm going bust on flop anyway. Thought about folding when he jammed but then once I 4-bet it's a bit ridiculous to fold. Think I probably should've flatted as I had position, then if I miss I can get away as well. Just one of those awkward hands with both having a big chip stake etc
  • edited August 2012
    You can't 4b/f without a very specific read
  • edited August 2012
    You can't 4b/f without a very specific read
    Posted by grantorino
    I know people say this alot, and your input on the clinic is far better than mine, but when villian 5bet jams, what possible hand could you be up against that you're happy about.

I can't see anyone willingly getting in 50BB pre (at this stage of the tourney) in this manner with AQ or any worse Ax's, if you knew them to be very aggro and making these moves light, then you could call, but I'd say when you're readless you're going to be flipping as an underdog or crushed virtually 100% of the time.

I don't see why you'd want this when you can fold and have 30BB which is still a very playable stack at this stage of the tourney.

You may be right and I may be wrong, but I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about why you can't fold, what hands do you think the opponent will show up with? (granted this is all come from the fact he probably should have just flatted the 3bet)
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Think I porbably should've folded, thoughts? : I know people say this alot, and your input on the clinic is far better than mine, but when villian 5bet jams, what possible hand could you be up against that you're happy about. I can't see anyone willingly getting in 50BB pre (at this stage of the tourney) in this manner with AQ or any worse Ax's, if you knew them to be very aggro and making these moves light, then you could call, but I'd say when you're readless you're going to be flipping as an underdog or crushed virtually 100% of the time. I don't see why you'd want this when you can fold and have 30BB which is still a very playable stack at this stage of the tourney. You may be right and I may be wrong, but I just wanted to know what your thoughts are about why you can't fold, what hands do you think the opponent will show up with? (granted this is all come from the fact he probably should have just flatted the 3bet)
    Posted by Lambert180
    well obv it all depends on ranges. But we can't expect a 4b to be flatted this shallow and I think AK is too strong to bluff, so if you 4b it should be to call. You can't just 4b then go oh no he shoved he must have AA. I'm not a big fan of flatting 3b tbh. If you want to play scaredy cat poker fold to the 3bet .

Only one hand crushes us. We have enough equity to call v a tight range. Do you like flipping at 45% getting 2/1? I do
  • edited August 2012
    4 bet folding is for pu$$ies ! 4 bet shove plz
  • edited August 2012
    Cooler!!!! AK v AA with a K on that board...... thats poker u did nowt wrong very standard.
  • edited August 2012
    The money went in before they saw the flop
  • edited August 2012
    As a certain Ryan Spittles said to me recently when I asked a similar question against him in a pot in exactly this situation - You can't 4 bet fold AK
  • edited August 2012
    The money went in before they saw the flop
    Posted by Lambert180
    You are correct! BUT STILL STANDARD!!!