You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Some of the "best" exuses I have heard for people being off work!

edited August 2012 in The Shed
1. My mother had to go out and I had to look after our blind cat so he didnt walk into things!

2. My mother thought I had already gone to work and she locked my bedroom door and went out for the day.

3. Next door went on holiday and left the cat in the house and it kept me awake all night.

4. Next doors dog would not let me out of the house!

5. My kitchen fell down in the hearthquake and I had to stay at home to make sure no-one got in the house. (there had been no earthquake)

6. Armed robbers came into the local paper shop while I was buying my paper and I was in so much shock I had to go back home! (no report was made of this in the local paper)

The last 4 of these where all made by the same person in a 12 month period!

Comments

• edited August 2012

Next Doors Clock Chimed incorrectly and I went back to sleep.!

The Bus was late and went the wrong way so I went home.? 

Young Lad Phoned in to say he won't be in, he was about to become a dad ........... everyone congratulated him,  only next day turned out it was his pet Rabbit giving birth.  

Taking the day off young girl was asked by the Boss why she didn't come in.!   "The signs were bad " she said,   What signs asked the boss.?   "The one's in my Horoscope."!

• edited August 2012

MY FOOT GOT STUCK IN THE TRAM LINES, AND I HAD TO GO ROUND THE TOWN THREE TIMES
    BEFORE THE POINTS CHANGED
  • edited August 2012
    I am snowed in - when there had only been half a centimetre of snow

My goldfish died - I get cats and dogs but not this.

My all time favourite is from one guy who was waiting for a lift to work stood next to a bus stop it was raining hard he stayed outside of the shelter, got himself soaking wet and went home. Instead of changing clothes he decided to phone in and declare himself to wet to come to work. When he did come back we presented him with an umbrella and award for worst excuse ever.
  • edited August 2012

A chap I know once came out with this classic excuse....

The background

A 30 something man who still lives with his mum and gets her to drive him to work everyday!

The situation

Drove up to the works entrance/security gate. Wound down his window, and told the security staff that he would not be able to carry on into work today, as he could not undo his seatbelt !!!!