You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PLO line check. All opinions desired.

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Have been mulling this one over a lot and wondering if i played it well or not. Obviosly checked flop because i was way too strong then decided to take a weak line throughout the hand to try to induce if someone had caught up somewhat. Just wanting opinions as to whether i could have played it differently and why.Have left out the closing actions as this is irrelevant to the hand and line i took.
chrisbhoy Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.75
Talon Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.10
  Your hole cards
  • J

tezzer50 Call   £0.10 £0.25 £6.69
yorkie63 Call   £0.10 £0.35 £11.06
XXXX
Call   £0.10 £0.45 £9.55
chrisbhoy Call   £0.05 £0.50 £9.70
Talon Check        
Flop

chrisbhoy Check        
Talon Check        
tezzer50 Check        
yorkie63 Check        
XXXX
Check        
Turn

chrisbhoy Check        
Talon Bet   £0.20 £0.70 £9.90
tezzer50 Fold        
yorkie63 Fold        
XXXX
Call   £0.20 £0.90 £9.35
chrisbhoy Fold        
River

• A

Talon Bet   £0.20 £1.10 £9.70

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Me advising you on PLO is lol but anyway

Pot flop

Pot turn

Pot river

• edited August 2012
    Yep - you need to play this differently.  Especially 5way to the flop at 10nl, I would bet like 45-60 on flop. if its a very passive table then say more like like 1/2 or just over. If its a very aggro table then pot, but at 10nl even if it is a passive table you'll still get calls when you pot it 5 way on flop as players play PLO cause they like seeing turns.

Its PL at the end of the day, so you need to massage pot to make the most monies. You'll get value from over pairs, flush draws, stubbord under pairs, 22 and broadway rundowns like AKQJ, KQJ9, etc . So, basically bet bet bet as usual with nuts and hope for a raise and repop.
  • edited August 2012
    im always betting flop here and turn and river u bet so small u want o get max value out of ya good hands 
  • edited August 2012
     These are situations that i dislike because you become so paranoid about not getting paid anything that it is too easy to lose value. I felt that big betting multiple streets would discourage callers and therefore lose value. I am just hoping to find out where the happy medium is. For my thinking on that flop the only action i could get would be from 22 or an overpair that is struggling to fold, hence my passive line to hope to induce from a weaker holding. As you can see i got exactly what i wanted but was never sure about it being a good line and could possibly have thrown easy money away. Fortunately my opponent overplayed his hand and gave me all the value i could have hoped for but left me unsure about how i played it. Thanks for the input guys.
    Talon Bet   £0.20 £1.10 £9.70
    XXX
    Raise   £0.70 £1.80 £8.65
    Talon Raise   £1.65 £3.45 £8.05
    XXX Raise   £2.50 £5.95 £6.15
    Talon All-in   £8.05 £14.00 £0.00
    XXX All-in   £6.15 £20.15 £0.00
    Talon Unmatched bet   £0.55 £19.60 £0.55
    Talon Show
    • J

XXX Show

Talon Win Four 10s £18.90   £19.45
  • edited August 2012
    suprise u didnt get called by a full house lol
  • edited August 2012
    Hand played itself in the end, these are the kind of matchups that always will.  Ironic thing is if you bet flop you either get c/r by a non-thinking villain who see's he has a boat. And c/c from a thinking player who wants to keep othe rplayers in the pot.

Can't worry about getting max value here, its just like worrying about Aces getting cracked.  Just think about things like how vulnerable your nutty hands are, how many players in the pot and what you can get value from and price accordingly.