You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

CIN Tourny

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
Hi, i know this is pretty short notice.

However i thought we could possibly create a children in need tourny? Give something to the people less fortunate to us, even if it only the odd 50 or so pound.

Idea was.

1/2 Pound tourny.

No prizes, just for fun. Or if Sky also feel generous winner could receive entry to the open or primo.

If there's charitable people out there, why not give money through enjoyment?

Comments

• edited November 2009
    In Response to CIN Tourny:
    Hi, i know this is pretty short notice. However i thought we could possibly create a children in need tourny? Give something to the people less fortunate to us, even if it only the odd 50 or so pound. Idea was. 1/2 Pound tourny. No prizes, just for fun. Or if Sky also feel generous winner could receive entry to the open or primo. If there's charitable people out there, why not give money through enjoyment?
    Posted by HartshorN

I think this would be a great idea but make it an 11 quid, maybe half the buyin could go to Chidren In Need and the other half for bounties that you keep? I actually think this would get a large number of runners...

Just a suggestion...
  • edited November 2009
    11 doesn't cater for my bankroll at the moment :( Maybe a 5iver, offered the smaller numbers in order to get more runners.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: CIN Tourny:
    11 doesn't cater for my bankroll at the moment :( Maybe a 5iver, offered the smaller numbers in order to get more runners.
    Posted by HartshorN
    Fair comment, i just thought that a BH style thing at a higher buyin might raise more money by attracting more players than a purely charity based standard 1/2 quid tournie..

However, I would be happy to play in this regardless of buyin..
  • edited November 2009
    Yeh same greg.

See how much interest we can gather :) Hopefully it's alot and hope sky cna get invovled too.
  • edited November 2009
    On second thoughts, it is a nice idea, but i fear due to short notice it might not happen this time, but im sure sky would be happy to consider similar charity tournaments in future...
  • edited November 2009
    as long as it's rake free i'd play.
  • edited November 2009
    id play say £1 all going charity braggin rights for winner
  • edited November 2009
    love this idea x
  • edited November 2009
    But why not just donate money to charity anyway? If theres charitable people out there then they shouldnt need an excuse to donate to charity. Are children in need once a year? No.
  • edited November 2009
    I'm doing it to bring the community together, and for us all to have a good laugh and a game of poker. After all it is a Poker forum

Today ive been collecting donations for a concert, and tommorow is fancy dress, Doing my bit OUTSIDE of poker also.
  • edited November 2009
    But why not just donate money to charity anyway? If theres charitable people out there then they shouldnt need an excuse to donate to charity. Are children in need once a year? No.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    thats it hit on the head, always some reason not to do something, i'll play a sit n go instead save a pound to charity
  • edited November 2009
    ignore blackfish, hes a mardy bum
  • edited November 2009
    Why do you need an incentive to give to charity? Did i say i was against this idea... no. You shouldn't need an incentive though... but people do. Have to question why this is...
  • edited November 2009
    chels... good to just ignore people's oppinions isn't it. This is an open forum for discussion so keep your negative comments to yourself and participate more positively.
  • edited November 2009
    Why do you need an incentive to give to charity? Did i say i was against this idea... no. You shouldn't need an incentive though... but people do. Have to question why this is...
    Posted by BlackFish3
    no incentive - if you look at my posts i said make it £1 entry prize only bragging rights - is this ok?
  • edited November 2009
    blackfish no offence but i give to charities all year long,i do not need an excuse but i would still like sky to run a tourny for it as i think it would be a great gesture
  • edited November 2009
    i really believe because of the attitude of some players this tourny will never materialise, ok i raise £500 - £600 to a good cause of my choice (military) but that should not matter , who cares if its an incentive, you really think the celebs do it without appearance money? i say sky - lets get a £1 mtt going on friday night all money to CIN if players dont want to play so be it - lets have no ego's please
  • edited November 2009
    I think you have taken my posts the wrong way. I understand loony, hartshorn and debdobs... i like the idea its just i dont like how people 'become' charitable once a year.
  • edited November 2009

a lot of people become charatable 'once a year' thats not a bad thing, thats why charities 'target' people, if this CIN is targeting , then whats wrong with that? Not everyone goes around looking at what to donate to we all need a bit of nudging eh?

• edited November 2009
    Because its not genuine... its giving for the occasion, giving in order to play in a poker tournament to have fun etc... surely it would be better for Sky to donate the running costs straight to charity if people were really this 'pure'?
  • edited November 2009
    Because its not genuine... its giving for the occasion, giving in order to play in a poker tournament to have fun etc... surely it would be better for Sky to donate the running costs straight to charity if people were really this 'pure'?
    Posted by BlackFish3
    please - stop digging a hole, sky are not involved in this thread, they dont have to do anything, the initial thread wanted a poker tourny with proceeds to charity (children in need) you really think all the people giving to charity are 'pure' and only give ' once a year' if it pleases you i will pay your £1 for the tourny ( this is not flippant) to make sure it starts tomorrow
  • edited November 2009
     great  idea raise money for a very good cause
  • edited November 2009
    that is a good idea and if it goes ahead i am sure it will get a good turn out.I have already donated a tenner myself,so a small buy-in would be nice :)
  • edited November 2009
    EXELLENT IDEA I WOULD BE IN.
    IN REPLY YES IT WOULD BE NICE IF WE ALL GAVE TO CHARITY REGULARLY BUT MANY MORE PEOPLE WOULD PLAY IF THERE WAS A PRIZE IT MIGHT NOT BE RIGHT OR RIGHT ON BUT ITS HOW THE WORLD WORKS.
    WE HATE WRITING/DELIVERING XMAS CARDS SO TO GET OUT OF IT WE GIVE THE MONEY (PROBABLY MORE) TO CHARITY IF THAT MORALY WRONG FINE BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY THE CHARITYS STILL GETTING THE MONEY AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS
  • edited November 2009
    Great idea - don't think there should be prize money involved though - poss a prize from Sky may get people more willing to join - don't you have tournemants that you all meet up - that could be a prize, and perhaps a fantasy named trophy to be played for annually - just a thought
  • edited November 2009

Heyyy very good idea. It would be alot easier to enter a tourny to give money rather than ringing up, sending money in etc (u can tell ive never done it). I buy poppies though! haha and stuff like that when i see people with them money box things and sooties and stuff. If I could help by playing poker then its a cracking idea. Even if theres only 10 runners it helps doesnt it? ...

Tourny itself, I would end up trippled up after 10 minutes, or out, but i spose thats not the point haha.

Gets my vote, :)

DOHH

• edited November 2009
    Abselutely no harm in posting this idea.  As I normally donate anyway I will put any profit for today into children in need. 

Prob not be much lol

In Response to CIN Tourny:
    Hi, i know this is pretty short notice. However i thought we could possibly create a children in need tourny? Give something to the people less fortunate to us, even if it only the odd 50 or so pound. Idea was. 1/2 Pound tourny. No prizes, just for fun. Or if Sky also feel generous winner could receive entry to the open or primo. If there's charitable people out there, why not give money through enjoyment?
    Posted by HartshorN
  • edited November 2009
    yeah, really good idea, id buy in to for a quid or somthing, i think sky would put prizes up too.
  • edited November 2009
    well said loonytoons!
  • edited November 2009
    Little bump, hoping to get some notice from Sky.

My mates called up said if i wanted to go to his for a game so im not gonna be about to play, but will enter it to donate and will just be AFK, if that goes ahead of course.