You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ml30 line check

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
river being the most obvious spot for going wrong are we only getting raised here by the ace? New Villain to me 1st 5mins of a cash session no reads as yet
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jams88 Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £30.49
jakealex Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £30.14
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

Verbal_Gym Fold        
elbows7 Fold        
STR1BS Fold        
xxx Call   £0.30 £0.75 £23.15
jams88 Call   £0.15 £0.90 £30.34
jakealex Check        
Flop

• Q
  • J

jams88 Bet   £0.90 £1.80 £29.44
jakealex Fold        
xxx
Call   £0.90 £2.70 £22.25
Turn

jams88 Bet   £1.50 £4.20 £27.94
xxx Call   £1.50 £5.70 £20.75
River

jams88 Bet   £3.00 £8.70 £24.94
xxx Raise   £6.00 £14.70 £14.75

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Difficult with the price you're getting but I just think he is never bluffing when he min raises the river after you've led three streets.
  • edited August 2012
    Why did you limp with that hand? I would definitely raise it preflop.

I agree with what Wilhelm said. Because it's just a min-raise I can't fold in this spot. You are getting a good price to call. If he made a bigger raise I would fold, but now that's a crying call for me.
  • edited August 2012
    raise to £1.50 pre
    bet turn bigger
    fold but I probz call in play

• edited August 2012
    Raise pre

As played fold river, I might c/c v some villains
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: ml30 line check:
    Why did you limp with that hand? I would definitely raise it preflop. I agree with what Wilhelm said. Because it's just a min-raise I can't fold in this spot. You are getting a good price to call. If he made a bigger raise I would fold, but now that's a crying call for me.
    Posted by GreekWay
    In case its not obvious from my post, I think its a fo1d.
  • edited August 2012
    raise pre 
    bet flop bigger 
    and bet sigh fold river 
    a few mistakes in this hand imo 
  • edited August 2012
    Why are we raising a marginal hand pre against an unknown player(s) from the worst position on the table? when it is going to miss the flop more often than not and am forced to fire a cbet. I know your all trying to give good advice don't mean to come accross argumentative or ungrateful just trying to wrap my head around the reasoning.

Bet 1.20 flop 2.50 turn and bet fold river?
  • edited August 2012
    Why are we raising a marginal hand pre against an unknown player(s) from the worst position on the table? when it is going to miss the flop more often than not and am forced to fire a cbet. I know your all trying to give good advice don't mean to come accross argumentative or ungrateful just trying to wrap my head around the reasoning. Bet 1.20 flop 2.50 turn and bet fold river?
    Posted by jams88
    KQ is not marginal v someone who open limps btn

You are not forced to fire a cbet
  • edited August 2012
    KQ owns limping range
  • edited August 2012
    I'd call readless, make a note... we have 3rd nuts (98ss is unlikely though..) and villian has limped it pre.

I've experienced plenty of weak players at the micros that would min raise that spot with any spade.
  • edited August 2012
    I don`t mind the limp pre I wouldn`t do it all the time prob raise sometimes also but imo I think raising oop with this hand gets awkward more often than not when u miss.

flop is fine

turn is also fine

river dont think many players are bluffin in this spot at all but we are gettin 5-1 on our money and we have the 3rd nuts think I call and take note but I cant let go of these hands lol.

did he have 98 spades?
  • edited August 2012
    Why are we raising a marginal hand pre against an unknown player(s) from the worst position on the table? when it is going to miss the flop more often than not and am forced to fire a cbet. I know your all trying to give good advice don't mean to come accross argumentative or ungrateful just trying to wrap my head around the reasoning. Bet 1.20 flop 2.50 turn and bet fold river?
    Posted by jams88
    Your position isnt that big of a deal vs a button limper. Postflop youre in the exact same position as you would be in the CO, assuming BB folds, which they normally do as you look strong.

KQ is in no way marginal. Missing the flop more often than not is why we raise and then cbet. The only advantages to limping are with hands which it will be hard to continue with if you miss the flop - Hands where you hit a pair and still dont feel comfortable or where theres likely to be overcards most of the time to your hand and you cant continue. KQ obviously has the advantage of giving you overcards most of the time and its an easy hand to barrell with if you hit a pair.
  • edited August 2012
    I don`t mind the limp pre I wouldn`t do it all the time prob raise sometimes also but imo I think raising oop with this hand gets awkward more often than not when u miss. flop is fine turn is also fine river dont think many players are bluffin in this spot at all but we are gettin 5-1 on our money and we have the 3rd nuts think I call and take note but I cant let go of these hands lol. did he have 98 spades?
    Posted by liamboi11

I would raise when i have an idea how the villian plays but as i havent seen him play yet i am suspicious of the limp. 
    He had AQo in the end with A of spades just found myself calling even as i hit the call button thinking im probably up against the ace here. Posted to see what other people do on the river but it seems to be the concensus that the main mistake was pre definatly something for me to think about

• edited August 2012
    because you didnt raise pre it hard to know exactly where you are but its a fold on river to me absolutly everything that can beat you has hit so it easy fold in my opinion call would only serve to keep villian honest