You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

c-bet questions?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Iv juststarted playing again on sky bet after playing at a higher level on other sites, im playing at 30nl to build mybr until i get it higher.  Iv realised that cbet and 3 bets arnt as effective to get people folding at this level because im not too sure they know to fold in bad spots etc.

So should i adjust my play and not c-bet and 3 bet as much as it isnt getting ym opponetns to fold, should i play abc poker at this level ?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Are you saying people don't fold when you bluff, should you adjust?

I think you know the answer
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: c-bet questions?:
    Are you saying people don't fold when you bluff, should you adjust? I think you know the answer
    Posted by grantorino
    yeah but does that mean every hand has to be honest cause you only hit 1 in 3 flops so it just means im gonna have to fold alot more and show no aggresion as the aggresion doesnt achieve anything?
  • edited August 2012
    you have to adjust to the players that you are playing against. I play at nl30 to. You just have to 3bet/cbet for value aginst stations and as bluffs against the players who know how to fold. Easier said than done though obviously.

If your finding your getting called all the time (not something i find much myself at this level tbh) then tighten up this is the sort of table you want to play really suely?
  • edited August 2012
    c-bet alot against 1 opponent not against 2 if u miss unless u are in position meaning last 2 act 
  • edited August 2012
    yeah i rarely cbet again more then one opponent and yes jams adjusting to certain opponents is better but like u said its harder then it seems, cheers anyway for the advice guys appreciate it
  • edited August 2012
    bluffs dont go down well at this level if your building your br and you know how to play to a higher level il will assume you are a competent player so my advice is abc poker no need to get fancy at this level its slow and steady to build up