You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New player freeroll hand

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
welldone on your cash 

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Having somehow survived to the last 11, I finally went out on this hand.

I confess to being a totally inexperienced tournament player, sticking to 2/4NL cash tables since joining a couple of weeks ago, and only a recent poker convert. So this was only my 2nd tournament ever, and with just 5BB I wasn't overjoyed with my Ad2d but was reckoning I had to pick a spot sometime very soon and this might be as good as any.

(problems with copy/paste formatting so trying jpgs )

Attempt at summary: 

In the BB with Ad2d @3k (13k left), all fold until SB goes all in for 16k. 
    I call, he has 7c7d.
    Flop 3d 7h 2c
    Turn 5d
    River As

I'd love some feedback on whether this was a sound, stupid or just 'meh' place to pull the trigger, to help me understand tounament play a bit better - I'd likely have folded if it were cash. Mulling it over, I can convince myself of all 3! lol  I don't recall having any particular read on what he might be holding or type of player - maybe inattention on my part but it all went so quickly with lots of table shuffling.  Chuffed to bits with my 11th place and £37.50 in any case! :D 

TIA

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: New player freeroll hand:
    welldone on your cash 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thank you!

Edited original post to include hand summary - jpgs probably not a great idea.

BTW, on the first table there were 2 players away for the duration - does this happen often in freerolls?? Puzzling.
  • edited August 2012
    Standard call

You prob should have shoved a hand yourself before you got so low