You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Call or not?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancedenty765Small blind £0.15£0.15£15.90XBig blind £0.30£0.45£82.89 Your hole cards44   elbows7Fold    hipshooterFold    AJ_RocketsFold    KKripplerRaise £0.90£1.35£75.97denty765Fold    XCall £0.60£1.95£82.29Flop  2A9   XBet £0.30£2.25£81.99KKripplerCall £0.30£2.55£75.67Turn  4   XBet £2.55£5.10£79.44KKripplerRaise £7.80£12.90£67.87XAll-in £79.44£92.34£0.00

Comments

• edited August 2012
    wow pretty ridic deep here so i can see why you posted, eff stacks are 250 which is kinda gross when he shoves turn like this for £67 more.

Depends on the player really, what have you seen of him so far?  I doubt a decent reg doesn't 3bet AA pre, and most will flat turn raise with 99, so it leaves A4+A9+FDs+trash. If its a fish then they prob shove like this trying to protect a NFD or 2pair type hands (They aren't value betting like this imo but min bet flop, 3bet shove turn kinda looks fishy trappy when you think about it). So in both spots its a call and chalk it down as a cooler if you loose imo

• edited August 2012

again depends on the player, but really the only hand that we're really scraed of here is 99, his lead on the flop looks very fishy / trappy.  I think any combination of A2, A4, A9, 22, 99 or FD's are all possibles here.

All things considered, as above, I don't love it, but think it's a call and chalk it down to a cooler if you're beat.

• edited August 2012
    Reads?

I might raise flop. Why did you flat, just wondering are you floating, bluff catching, think you've huge implied odds if you hit 2 outer etc

Make the call,  puke if he shows any of the 3 hands that beat you, if he's a bad fish 35 wouldn't completely shock me here, but can easy be two pair , combo draws
  • edited August 2012
    I call there mate unless it was against the guy with 7 3 in his alias :)
  • edited August 2012
    does anyone ever have any reads. 
  • edited August 2012
    Iv seen the player a few times, nothing substantial to take notes yet

I thought afterwards that yes its a cooler, im fine with stacking off.

He won.

He had 3,5o.
  • edited August 2012
    tbh the opponent played this well to jam all in he could of just min raised and give u implied odds to hit must of u put on exactly what u had to go all in
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Call or not?:
    tbh the opponent played this well to jam all in he could of just min raised and give u implied odds to hit must of u put on exactly what u had to go all in
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    R.O much donk!

Horrid this, I would call too, coz I can't fold & I always hit the river anyway.
  • edited August 2012
    we are beating too many hands to fold here imo it is just vul(cooler)
  • edited August 2012
    tiny lead - massive jam

always behind...... but then again it just makes me look stooopid now you post the result )
  • edited August 2012
    Iv seen the player a few times, nothing substantial to take notes yet I thought afterwards that yes its a cooler, im fine with stacking off. He won. He had 3,5o.
    Posted by KKrippler
    i guess if his that bad then 35o can be in his range, i just presumed he was a decent/ok reg as sitting on 250bb so excluded it as a fairly standard fold. Obv he prob insta left the table with 500bb or the 500bb insta left him after a while!!!!

just take note of a few things (min bets draws, shoves nuts OOP, playing very live out of the BB, prob cant fold pretty hands like 23s, 42s & trashy like 46o, 57o, 97o, T7o OOP, etc) and then start exploiting his ridic wide BB flatting range.
  • edited August 2012
    looks like a scared bet prob not wnatin to see flush id put him on ace 10 or round abouts id call

just notice you said he has 3 5 just cooler guy got lucky most time you would have him beat id still call in this position
  • edited August 2012
    I call there mate unless it was against the guy with 7 3 in his alias :)
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    +1 or if he has RONNIE in his name.

The only hand your beat here too is 99. Pretty narrow range to be folding against.