You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I'm out of my league - a whinge

I tried to post the hand but ballsed it up. Anyway, it was something like this.

MTT, loads of limpers so I limp with A4 from the button getting about 5/1 (forget about squeeze bets for a while).

Flop comes 448 with one diamond

Villain bets out, I raise him, he shoves, leaving me only a tiny amount to call, so of course I oblige.
I show A4 he shows 7d9d

Turn Qd
River Kd

How do you beat someone like this?

Comments

• edited November 2009

Preferably with a big stick.
  • edited November 2009
    You beat him most of the time..

This was his one time :D
  • edited November 2009
    Just had one myslef

5.50 DYM.

4players left Villian about 3k on BB (Blinds only 50/100)

Im on dealer button, i raise 3x with AQ suited.

BB then shoves, and i called. He shows A5 off suit! Im all-in with 2100.

Flop : Q56

Turn : 5

River : 10

Next Tourny:

6 left: Blinds 30/60

Raise to 240 in the cut off with AK, chip stack at 2k

SB calls
    BB calls

Flop: A 4 2

I bet 3/4 pot
    SB calls BB folds

Turn: King

Bet the pot again SB moves all in a call.

He shows 3 5....

So he called a 4x raise with 3 5? And get's paid.

2 tournies in a row...

I'm starting to give up on this game.

• edited November 2009
    Fold A4 PF.  Only total fish play that hand and then justify their fishiness with the I had odds blah blah blah comment.

I assume that if you was dealt 74o you would fold it PF or would you still call for the odds?  And actually I'd far rather have a hand like 74o than A4o.

Fold PF.  Get better at poker.  EZ game.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to I'm out of my league - a whinge:
    I tried to post the hand but ballsed it up. Anyway, it was something like this. MTT, loads of limpers so I limp with A4 from the button getting about 5/1 (forget about squeeze bets for a while). Flop comes 448 with one diamond Villain bets out, I raise him...
    Posted by BigBluster
    wait, what?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to I'm out of my league - a whinge:
    I tried to post the hand but ballsed it up. Anyway, it was something like this. MTT, loads of limpers so I limp with A4 from the button getting about 5/1 (forget about squeeze bets for a while). Flop comes 448 with one diamond Villain bets out, I raise him, he shoves, leaving me only a tiny amount to call, so of course I oblige. I show A4 he shows 7d9d Turn Qd River Kd How do you beat someone like this?
    Posted by BigBluster
    Must be something about running diamonds - aggressive player on button in cash game raises my big blind and I've got 6's so just call looking to hit monster knowing I can get action. Flop comes 2 6 9 (one diamond) and bet out to look like I'm donking into him which induced the raise so I put him all in - delighted that he's called (at best he's calling with two overs or over pair) and turns out he's got ACE JACK DIAMONDS...don't need to tell you what comes runner runner! Obviously I'm delighted to get the call in that spot so long term you take it on the chin knowing you're usually quids in but couldn't understand his rationale for calling given the strength I showed - if he'd shoved over the top of my initial raise, you could forgive the runner runner to some extent but calling it off after being re-raised on that dry board (for his hand) was astonishing!
  • edited November 2009

You did beat him, slaughtered him in fact. Unfortunately, the cards did the same thing to you.

VUL, DOHH
  • edited November 2009
    nothing u can do u was very unlucky y he called u gods knows  but wish i had a  pound for every time hits happend to me
  • edited November 2009
    something like 20/1 to go runner runner flush

so go repeat the same hand another 19 times, i bet you make a huge profit ;) these are the sort of guys your profits come from! tell him well played leave graciously and hope you meet him again ;)