You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just had to ask your opinion on this..Good enough to call or not?

Hi guys

Playing in THS donk a fun last night and this was the cash bubble. Do you think the call was correct considering that the raise came from 3rd lowest stack in CO and maybe my equity was going to be 40:60 if ace,lower or 46:54 if against lower pair and so on.
There where three ladies on the table who played very well over the quick T. Two bigger stacks, both />9k, didn't involve themselves too much except to steal and really the bubble was reserved for me or ***. Close to change of level and so even AI'ing and winning next hand would only make m=3. Big stacks may as well call at next level and apply implicit collusion by checking down just as a dym strategy.I didn't think usual DYM strategy was as applicable here as stack sizes are not in the same vicinity as usual. So i was looking for a tighter range of hands to ai with. Is this correct in your opinion?
Speaking to my girlfriend on the phone later and explaining the hand(KQ V AK) she did mention that i liked to be dominated anyway!!!!! She's so cruel at times......

PS Congrats to the others...it was one gals birthday so hope you got the win, Miss

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancelisar83Small blind 300.00300.008520.00profman15Big blind 600.00900.002760.00 Your hole cardsKQ   ***
Raise 2400.003300.002130.00timeforbedFold    lisar83Fold    profman15All-in 2760.006060.000.00***
Call 960.007020.001170.00profman15ShowKQ   ***
ShowKA   Flop  5K8   Turn  3   River  3   ***
WinTwo Pairs, Kings and 3s7020.00 8190.00

Comments

• edited August 2012
    You really shouldn't get this low

I'd be happy enough to gamble with KQ
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Just had to ask your opinion on this..Good enough to call or not?:
    You really shouldn't get this low I'd be happy enough to gamble with KQ
    Posted by grantorino
    Actually its where we both were coming to the table and had gone thro' two levels trying to find hands to take to the ring with each other. There was only 16 in the T with 2000 chips to start so 8k would have been averaage which at 400/800 is still only an m of 6 1/2. As you say very low.
  • edited August 2012
    Prof.Never mind the poker m8 the "you like to be dominated anyway" got my attention. Surely not suitable for any respectable forum discussion bud lol.
    Run good m8
    Paul
  • edited August 2012
    I do agree that you should never have let yourself get this low but if you have, then this is as good a hand as you can hope for with 5BB, gotta gamble here.

The problem with blinding down waiting for monsters is that when you get to 4BB and find your monster and manage to double up, you're still gonna go on and need to double up again soonish and chances are another monster aint gonna come along. It's not great to rely on NEEDING to win multiple races.