You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

call every reraise pre?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
something ive noticed alot but just going to put it out there and see
should when you raise in position just call any reraise?
eg. 50nl   you raise button to 1.50 (3x) 1 of the buttons raises to 4.50 (3x the raise) should the original player just call no matter what they have to try hit?
or would this be put down as bad play?

Comments

• edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    depends on villain completely. sometimes fold sometimes 4b (value, bluff) sometimes peel. but no way always call. Burning £
  • edited August 2012
    well over the last week ive had people call my reraises with junk constantly and my reraise range isnt big and i lost quite a bit of money cause of it so wandering if it was a new move or just bad players but seems bit profitable in short term. before think its a moan i just see it constant at the moment if im in hand or not and the trash people turn over after calling the reraise and cbet is criminal but alot time i see it hit and they bust aces kings and so on so in that case is it a good play
  • edited August 2012
    Isn't that why you can raise normally with a marginal hand but fold it if you get a reraise? Mind i don't play cash much Dr so this may be rubbish. I was just considering the definition pf a marginal hand. A reraise would mean you were behind probably and should fold. Yes?
  • edited August 2012
    playing with 27o utg could be profitable short term. all about long term
  • edited August 2012
    If they call with junk value 3b more

Calling every 3b is lighting money on fire in general
  • edited August 2012

im with all you i cant see how it a good move but ive seen it so much this week i was wondering if its one of these new poker moves that come about

• edited August 2012
    You can't really have a new poker 'move' that is just inherently bad. As others have said, if people are calling all your 3bets regardless, then either 3bet bigger, or tighten up your 3bet range against them particular players. It's all about adjusting to how your opponent's play, anything you notice them doing over and over again, find a way to get round it.
  • edited August 2012
    why would you tighten up your 3b range? Surely you value 3b wider. Obv no bluffs
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: call every reraise pre?:
    why would you tighten up your 3b range? Surely you value 3b wider. Obv no bluffs
    Posted by percival09
    Well that's kinda what I mean, maybe didn't explain it well, you can value 3bet wider, but need to tighten up in the sense of towing the line a bit with 3betting as a bluff
  • edited August 2012
    Surely the answer to this is down to reads.... some players you know raise light others need to be respected. So calling the regular movers I feel can show profit..... but the rest best to fold long term.
  • edited August 2012
    3 bet more for £'s

• edited August 2012
    Surley if we're very deep and have a strong edge on 3betting player who is similarly deep surley peeling alot can be profitable ? - i don't mean peel 100% of the time by the way
  • edited August 2012
    Well thinkin more bout this i guess you weigh up having a weaker hand but in position so as soon as i show weakness by checkin then they will pounce i think best way to counteract would be traping check strong hand wait for the big raise and re raise

but it very hard to play any hand out of pos if you dont hit it and you have some1 that going to call you down then raise you at some point in hand dont you think so in that respect is it a good move?