You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Was I right to bet?

Ok I cant find this hand in my hand history so will have to go by memory, I was gonig to put this in the ask tikay thread but id like everyones views.

Was in a tournament  the blinds were 50/100 I was on the button 1 person had limped I looked down at qd 10d being on the button i made it 500 to go, the Big blind and the limper both called.

The flop came down something like ks 7h 3d, I made a pot size continuation bet the big blind folded and the limper called.

The turn was as far as I was concerend a nothing card I think it was a 2h,I clicked bet pot and then got re-raised all in.  I folded as I had air even tho 90% of my chips had gone in the middle, raiser couldnt beelive i folded but i was obviously behind and would be out with a few chips I could always come back.  Next hand I trippled up with pocket 9's but went out a couple of hands later.

My questions is after the flop should I have realised I was behind and slowed down? after all the flop wasnt very good for drawing hands so to call that he must have had something right? or would betting again in the long run be the right move?

I know it can depend on so many different things such as type of tourny, what stage the tourny is at, is the player tight or aggressive, what are chip stacks are like, but if anyone can give some generaladvice that would be good

Cheers

Gareth

Comments