You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Selfish or am i a mug?

edited November 2009 in The Shed

Was off work today so i went out last night and had a belly full of beer lol. Woke up this afternoon worse for wear. Its raining cats and dogs out there (sorry elsa) but friday night is take away night. I didnt want to drive as i was still rough so i got my brolly and made the 1/2 mile trudge to the local chippy to order 2 chicken fillet burger meal deals. The place was packed, i placed my order, and waited, and waited, and waited......... After 40 minutes i was the last one standing there and the person behind the counter said they were having a problem with the gas cookers and were no longer taking any new orders, however they were still managing to serve me. Great , i thought as a steady stream of hungry, expectant customers were turned away. 30 minutes later i was called to the counter to be told that they could only manage to cook one of the meals, and gave me a refund on the other. Begrudgingly i walked home in the rain, went indoors like a drown rat and told the other half my story. I said, look you have it and i suppose i'll rustle up something in the kitchen for myself. Well, quick as a flash she said ok, swiped the chippy from my hand and began stuffing herself. No hesitation, no arguments, just sat there eating away without a care in the world. If she could mind read, her ears would be burning, but i didnt want to give her the satisfaction, so i made a ham toastie in the kitchen. Im gonna have a vote to see what you all think

Comments

• edited November 2009
    I can't believe you waited that LONG!!!!! Would of went home after 15 minutes!!!
  • edited November 2009
    Next time eat it on the way home for sure
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Selfish or am i a mug?:
    I can't believe you waited that LONG!!!!! Would of went home after 15 minutes!!!
    Posted by ness4
    It was raining so i also hoped it would ease off and i didnt know it was gonna be that long did i? lol it just kept going on and on and on
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Selfish or am i a mug? : It was raining so i also hoped it would ease off and i didnt know it was gonna be that long did i? lol it just kept going on and on and on
    Posted by loonytoons
    Ahh true.... I hate waiting when your all alone, in a cramped space.... wait were there even seats??? lol that is an important factor! You deffo should of ate that food yourself, or the other half could of made something for you in the kitchen at least after eating!
  • edited November 2009
    Should have eaten it on the way home and then explain how the ovens were bust and you waited over 1/2 hour for them to try and sort it.If she kicks off on one you are glad you ate it! and if she shows sympathy then... you can feel guilty and offer to cook something from the cupboard.
  • edited November 2009
    Aw loony, a true gent for letting her have the food.....
    if i had an other half and the same situ happened to me i would also have eaten the food without hesitation....
    you should be proud of yourself. lol
    i am impressed.
    x
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Selfish or am i a mug?:
    Was off work today so i went out last night and had a belly full of beer lol. Woke up this afternoon worse for wear. Its raining cats and dogs out there (sorry elsa) but friday night is take away night. I didnt want to drive as i was still rough so i got my brolly and made the 1/2 mile trudge to the local chippy to order 2 chicken fillet burger meal deals. The place was packed, i placed my order, and waited, and waited, and waited......... After 40 minutes i was the last one standing there and the person behind the counter said they were having a problem with the gas cookers and were no longer taking any new orders, however they were still managing to serve me. Great , i thought as a steady stream of hungry, expectant customers were turned away. 30 minutes later i was called to the counter to be told that they could only manage to cook one of the meals, and gave me a refund on the other. Begrudgingly i walked home in the rain, went indoors like a drown rat and told the other half my story. I said, look you have it and i suppose i'll rustle up something in the kitchen for myself. Well, quick as a flash she said ok, swiped the chippy from my hand and began stuffing herself. No hesitation, no arguments, just sat there eating away without a care in the world. If she could mind read, her ears would be burning, but i didnt want to give her the satisfaction, so i made a ham toastie in the kitchen. Im gonna have a vote to see what you all think
    Posted by loonytoons

A genuine new age guy!!! personally i'd have eaten on the way home and then made her the ham toastie ;)

• edited November 2009
    YOU SHOULD OF SENT HER TO THE CHIPPY , SIMPLES , LOL.
  • edited November 2009
    the issue is not your better half - you should have expected that. If you didn't expect that then you need to learn fast.

I would have went off on one at the restaurant. They are the ones I would have gone to town on. Waiting all that time and just a refund. No way. I would have been looking for compensation.
  • edited November 2009
    You should of just made two ham toasties!!!!!!!......And not gone out in the rain. Just think of all that time you wasted queueing when you could of been playing poker/posting to get your post count up for the freeoll/Or squeezing the brown sauce out onto your supper.......   :)
  • edited November 2009
    [osted by loonytoons

LOL my hubby would of done same but being honest id of told him to have it and made him a cup of coffee
    mad or not dont change youll get your reward
  • edited November 2009
    SOON  AS SHES STRARTED THE BURGER YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE SYMPATHY VOTE LOOKED SORRY FOR YOURSELF AND GUILT TRIP HER INTO GOING OUT IN THE CAR TO GET YOU A CHINESE
  • edited November 2009
    that sounds like true love loony would u have given your other half your last rolo
  • edited November 2009
    that sounds like true love loony would u have given your other half your last rolo
    Posted by scrumdown
    thats taking it too far. never, she can but another packet. Hold on I forgot yes of course she can have it, I will buy another packet. Forgot my place there
  • edited November 2009
    Posted by loonytoons
    i have chopped her up and eat her
  • edited November 2009
    you waited for a heck of a long time!I would have been gone well earlier.You should have eaten it on the way home and said they couldnt make any,lol.
  • edited November 2009
     i wouldnt have waited as long as you did tbh, your a mug for waiting that long and shes selfish so both ;)
  • edited November 2009
    What a quality story!

You are a true gent m8 but next time, phone up to order the take away
  • edited November 2009
    the issue is not your better half - you should have expected that. If you didn't expect that then you need to learn fast. I would have went off on one at the restaurant. They are the ones I would have gone to town on. Waiting all that time and just a refund. No way. I would have been looking for compensation.
    Posted by Urdadi
    1) It was a chippy not a restaurant lol
    2) I agree i was slow off the mark here
    3) All the time i was waiting, the staff were being polite and apologetic to us all, and they were only working there, they didn't own it, and to be honest, i was tired and felt rough and couldnt be bothered to argue.