You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TKO is here! Free Money, too - but ONLY IF YOU VOTE CORRECTLY

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

TKO has been announced this afternoon.

TKO = two teams of players - being Rich Orford's Team, & my Team.

Details of what it involves - including all the FREE money on offer - to follow.

Every Tuesday, for the next 5 weeks, the two teams of players will take part in a FREEROLL. You can be in either Team - it's up to you! But....the best Team will be the one that wins the most money. ;)

You can choose what Team to be in - Rich Orfords (lol!) or mine.

To Enter your Team, you simply have to Vote for Rich, or tikay. (Details shortly)

What happens then is......

More.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    you've already got my vote boss!!
  • edited November 2009

So, EACH Tuesday, for the next FIVE weeks, there will be a £500 Freeroll. The Team that wins most cash that week will be the winner.

Each Tuesday's Winning Team will be announced on the Wednesday morning. So it'd be, like ""and in last night's TKO, tikay's Team won yet again" sorta thing.

And it will be a different format EACH WEEK.

Week One - 24th November - it will be a regular no-limit hold 'Em. FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Two - 1st December - it will be Velocity.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Three - 8th December - it will be 100% Bounty Hunter. (Each player starts wityh a £1 Bounty).  FREE TO ENTER.

Week Four - 15th December - it will be Roulette.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

Week Five - 22nd December - iit will be a Deepstack.  FREE TO ENTER. With a £500 Prize Pool.

But hold on, there's more free money yet.....

The WINNING TEAM (ONLY) will get free entry into a £1,000 Prize Pool Freeroll.

AND the MVP from EACH Team will get £100.

I'm still not done, though....

MORE
  • edited November 2009
    Rich Orford for me please
  • edited November 2009
    there's more!!!! blimey sky really going for it!! good on em ;)
  • edited November 2009

The LOSING Captain - let's assume Rich Orford - will have to pay a Forfeit.

You can come up with suggestions, but here's a few ideas. Names are coincidental.

Rich wears a shirt saying "tikay's biggest fan".

Rich cleans my car.

Rich buys me a Christmas present.

Rich has to don make-up & wear a dress.

Rich has to clean my shoes.

Rich has to write a Blog saying how wonderful I am.

Rich has to stop making ageist remarks about me.

Rich sings a song on the Show.

Rich crowns tikay the Winner.

So, that's the crux of it, details of how to vote will follow.

After it has finished, TKO will take a break for Christmas, & then another Presenter-Analyst version will take place. No idea what the match-ups will be yet, but, for example, Lisa v Gidzo would be tasty, or DP v The Banin, etc.

Entry is FREE, & unless I'm reading it wrong, there is about £3,700 of Free money on offer here. But you'll get most if are on the winning Team.

And you know which Team THAT will be.
  • edited November 2009
    LOL sounds great...........both u guys are fab imo so Im gonna flip a coin

Heads - Rich
    Tails - Tikay

It's a HEAD. Sorry Rich but I'm gonna be on ur team m8 :)
  • edited November 2009
    Forfeit.........Tikay to present a show again ;)
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO is here! Free Money, too - but ONLY IF YOU VOTE CORRECTLY:
    But you'll get most if are on the winning Team. And you know which Team THAT will be.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Will it be Shrewsbury Town reserves?
  • edited November 2009
    tikay you get my vote TEAM TIKAY
  • edited November 2009

How to vote.

Go to the TKO Banner on the Home Page, & click it - it's that simple!

Then Vote for either Team tikay or Team tikay.

That's about it.

Any questions, just ask.

Henceforth, hitherto, & from now, I'm going to break off relations with Orford. We is at war, 'innit.

I will be starting a Thread for my Team, too. ONLY those in my Team may Post on it. I hope that's clearly understood.
  • edited November 2009
    Rich has to walk around the centre of london with flyers promoting The Tony "Tikay" Kendal Appreciation Society page on facebook wearing a Tikay's biggest fan t-shirt!!

• edited November 2009
    Tikay,

When the games are being played, will there be a way of seeing who is representing which team?
  • edited November 2009

Thank you Kennybad & Maf, you have made a very wise choices if I may say so.

I'll start a Team tikay thread shortly, meet me over there.
  • edited November 2009
    I figure most people will go with tikay so they are more likely to fill up the cash places and win overall so with that in mind I voted for Orford
  • edited November 2009
    Wow now thats a lot of free money lol. Cracking Idea, something a bit off the norm I like it
  • edited November 2009
    The Boss kept saying there were lots of goodies on the way....true to his word as always. Can all the freeroll ''I can't get in'' whinges now stop please.

• edited November 2009

What a laugh, can't wait. Rich & Tikay I am accepting your bribes via PM. Only one of you can have me on your team :)

• edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: TKO is here! Free Money, too - but ONLY IF YOU VOTE CORRECTLY:
    Tikay, When the games are being played, will there be a way of seeing who is representing which team?
    Posted by phil12uk
    Good question, "don't know" is the answer, but I know a man who does, so I'll get back to you.

But whatever the Official reply is, I expect all my Team Menmber to Post on my Threrad, so we can get some Team, spirit going, & rev it up a bit. I've no idea what you-know-who will do.
  • edited November 2009
    Thank you Kennybad & Maf, you have made a very wise choices if I may say so. I'll start a Team tikay thread shortly, meet me over there.
    Posted by Tikay10

is this what's going to be known as the "War room" lol ;)
  • edited November 2009
    Team Tikay......OBVIOUSLY goes without saying.
    xx
  • edited November 2009

There will be a MAXIMUM of 1,000 players per team, though I'd faint if we got half that.

If there is an inbalance between the size of the Teams - say, 400 on one team, 300 on the other, Head Office will "balance up" the 2 Teams so that they are equal in number, in this case, 350 each.

How will they do that? No idea, but at a guess, those who enter latest will be more likely to be moved. So in the case I cited, 50 from the 400 will get moved across to the 300. But I am not sure on that.

Best bet imo is to vote early, & sdecure your place in the Team of your choice.

I will get back to you on how the balancing will get done, but it might be Monday now, as the Office Crew will all have gone home for the weekend.

Good bit of fun, eh?
  • edited November 2009

Knew I could rely on you borro. Class Lady, you.
  • edited November 2009
    It wouldnt surprise me if there was close on 2000 who entered, can see this being very popular, if thats the case might have to miss the deepstack week, havent got 5 days to play
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah I've gone for Team Tikay, my reason being "because I'd like to see Orford eat a bowl of insects, or something equally disgusting"

Tikay - is everyone who votes likely to get entry here or will it be limited to, for arguments sake, 100 per team? 
    And do you get entry to all 5 tourneys, or will "Team Tikay" have different members every week?
    Also, what time will the tourneys start?

Think thats enough questions for now!
  • edited November 2009
    Being a substantial donator to whatever tournament I play in I have left myself open to offers.......highest bid doesn't get me.
  • edited November 2009
    ok av filled in the survey in tht so is tht me registered
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah I've gone for Team Tikay, my reason being "because I'd like to see Orford eat a bowl of insects, or something equally disgusting" Tikay - is everyone who votes likely to get entry here or will it be limited to, for arguments sake, 100 per team?  And do you get entry to all 5 tourneys, or will "Team Tikay" have different members every week? Also, what time will the tourneys start? Think thats enough questions for now!
    Posted by lincs67
    read back through the posts on this thread by the Boss buddy an i think you'll find all your answers there ;)
  • edited November 2009
    ok av filled in the survey in tht so is tht me registered
    Posted by mary611
    Yes, all you need to do now is open your browser to accept emails from Jamaican Financial Consultants.
  • edited November 2009
    I am on Team Tikay!

Orford should cook dinner for Tikay and do all the washing up!
  • edited November 2009

In answer to various questions....

The "cap" is 1,000 per Team, though I'd be staggered if we reached half that. But 1,000 per Team is the official max.

The time of the Tourneys - good question! Don't know, but will find out, & report back.

Will you always be in the same Team once it's started - YES. Don't forget, the Winning Team (no names mentioned, that'd be uinfair) gets to play in a £1,000 Freeroll, whereas Team Orford don't.