You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Master £ash Free Entry Comp - we have a WINNER

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat

For last week's first ever Master £ash, there was a FREE ENTRY Competition - winner gets a free entry into a Saturday night Sky Poker Main Event.

I should firstly apologise for the delay in announcing the Result, I've had a bit of a week in another place.

I also said we'd get Sky Rich to be the Judge. Due to, well, the Postal Strike (?), I sent the e-mail to the wrong Sky Rich - I sent it to Richard Milner - who many of you met at SPT Manchester.

So in fact the winner was chosen by Richard Milner.

The Competition asked "what I have learned from Master Cash was......."

Comments

• edited November 2009
    Is it me or have you forgot to announce who won it? lol. You will forget the english dictionary before tuesday, orfords team have got this in the bag ;)
  • edited November 2009

It was very tough to judge the Top Two, with TorryLadd just being inched into 2nd place with this -

I have been trying to learn the art of position play and have received a lot of advice which I have tried to use and has improved my game, but the master cash tonight has shown me a bit more,  in particular when Tikay said on numerous occasions he's in position a bet will do it . Then a player checked in position and folded to a bet (neither player had nothing)   Tikay explained how it should have been the player in position picking up the pot.

What I’m saying is seeing it in action and having experts explain has been very educational.

But our narrow winner was Apollo11 who Posted this stonker.....

I learned from the show tonight that calling is a not the thing to do.
    I know that everyone wants to see a flop with the raggedy hands.
    Always know the position you are playing in and use the button to raise.
    Put a decent raise, 3 or 4 times the BB, so that most of the raggedy hands will fold, hopefully.
    Always put in sensible sized bets when you do bet.
    Always re-evaluate your hand after each round of betting.
  • edited November 2009

As it is a bit late in the week, & the Free Entry is for a Saturday Night Comp, I will arrange for Sky-Rich - the correct one this time! - to have Apollo11 entered into the Saturday Night Maiin Event on Saturday 28th November.

That OK with you, Apollo11?
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: Master £ash Free Entry Comp - we have a WINNER:
    Is it me or have you forgot to announce who won it? lol. You will forget the english dictionary before tuesday, orfords team have got this in the bag ;)
    Posted by SwansFC
    That's the stuff Tikay.....sucker them in with the "old guy"act....
  • edited November 2009
    Congratulations appolo well done mate
  • edited November 2009

Oops, I forgot something. Not like me, that.

There was also a T-Shirt, so Apollo11 gets that, too.

We need your address please Apollo, so please let Sky 'Ling know, via skyopen@bskyb.com

That's everything now. I think.
  • edited November 2009
    Not my week lol,

Second in the posters freeroll and just seen this, always the bridesmaid never the bride LOL

WD Apollo
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay

I have just read this thread and I have informed Sky of my address.
    Thank you very much to Richard Milner for choosing my entry as the winner.
    I am quite happy to accept an entry into this weeks Open as my prize, and of course the T-shirt which I will wear with pride.

well done to all the other that entered.
  • edited November 2009
    N1 APOLLO , WD . BEST OF LUCK IN THE OPEN . LET US KNOW , HOW YOU GOT ON .
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay I have just read this thread and I have informed Sky of my address. Thank you very much to Richard Milner for choosing my entry as the winner. I am quite happy to accept an entry into this weeks Open as my prize, and of course the T-shirt which I will wear with pride. well done to all the other that entered.
    Posted by apollo_11

right, you are all registered for this now so just turn up on time and enjoy!

good luck!
  • edited November 2009
    Hi Tikay I have just read this thread and I have informed Sky of my address. Thank you very much to Richard Milner for choosing my entry as the winner. I am quite happy to accept an entry into this weeks Open as my prize, and of course the T-shirt which I will wear with pride. well done to all the other that entered.
    Posted by apollo_11
    Just to let you know i popped it in the post yesterday, so hopefully you should receive it soon.

Regards

Axx
  • edited November 2009
    well done apollo
  • edited November 2009
    Thank you very much Sky Ling for posting the T-Shirt.
    Thanks to Sky Rich for entering me in the Open.
    Thanks to everyone else who has congratulated me.
    I will post on this thread how I got on this Saturday.