You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Folding JJ Pre

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I know it sounds a bit nitty but should I have folded here? When he's 4bet to this amount he is never folding, and obv calling is out of the question, so it's shove or fold. At the time, I snap-shoved but regretted it straight away (before I saw he had KK lol) and now I figure I'm only ever flipping or crushed and even if I'm flipping as a marginal favourite, aren't I losing to rake in these spots anyway?

I guess the moral of the story is, don't 3bet if you aint planning to call a 4bet (unless it's as a bluff, which I wouldn't do at this level).
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
triptee88 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.74
gogogadget Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.79
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • J

Carnage Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £2.99
Lambert180 Raise   £0.44 £0.66 £5.42
clubhammer Fold        
TROOP_1 Fold        
triptee88 Fold        
gogogadget Fold        
Carnage Raise   £1.12 £1.78 £1.87
Lambert180 All-in   £5.42 £7.20 £0.00
Carnage All-in   £1.87 £9.07 £0.00
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £2.71 £6.36 £2.71
Carnage Show
  • K
  • K

Lambert180 Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• K
  • A

Turn

River

• Q

Carnage Win Three Kings £5.88   £5.88

Comments

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Folding JJ Pre:
    I know it sounds a bit nitty but should I have folded here? When he's 4bet to this amount he is never folding, and obv calling is out of the question, so it's shove or fold. At the time, I snap-shoved but regretted it straight away (before I saw he had KK lol) and now I figure I'm only ever flipping or crushed and even if I'm flipping as a marginal favourite, aren't I losing to rake in these spots anyway? I guess the moral of the story is, don't 3bet if you aint planning to call a 4bet (unless it's as a bluff, which I wouldn't do at this level). Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance triptee88 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £1.74 gogogadget Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £9.79   Your hole cards J J       Carnage Raise   £0.16 £0.22 £2.99 Lambert180 Raise   £0.44 £0.66 £5.42 clubhammer Fold         TROOP_1 Fold         triptee88 Fold         gogogadget Fold         Carnage Raise   £1.12 £1.78 £1.87 Lambert180 All-in   £5.42 £7.20 £0.00 Carnage All-in   £1.87 £9.07 £0.00 Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £2.71 £6.36 £2.71 Carnage Show K K       Lambert180 Show J J       Flop     K 8 A       Turn     6       River     Q       Carnage Win Three Kings £5.88   £5.88
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah, think you answered your own question.  I much prefer a ca11.  At NL4 the aggressive dynamic needed to make 3betting JJ a must is usually missing.
  • edited August 2012
    i would flat JJ preflop to an utg 4x raise w/o reads otherwise
  • edited August 2012
    Agree with flatting readless

3b/f might be ok with reads,  not too sure when he's only 75 deep though
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Folding JJ Pre:
    Agree with flatting readless 3b/f might be ok with reads,  not too sure when he's only 75 deep though
    Posted by grantorino
    My only thinking though, from what I've been told/heard, if I'm gonna 3b/f then I might aswell do it with 45s as appose to a value hand like JJ.
  • edited August 2012
    Well 3b/f readless is bad

Against fish who call 3b wide but only 4b KK+ you can 3b/f. 

If they don't flat much what you say above is correct, and in general JJ is too strong to 3b/f

• edited August 2012
    looking at stacks i am calling the raise pre not to set mine but u can disguise your hand and would save monies on this flop im never getting it in preflop here once u got 4 bet im leaning to a fold 
  • edited August 2012
    3 betting is fine as you have position and a premium hand. 

i dont imagine 4 betting is that common at nl4 so when he does 4bet i think its a pretty easy fold.  the worst case scenario is you're wrong and he 4 bet a weaker hand than jj and you lose 44p
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: Folding JJ Pre : My only thinking though, from what I've been told/heard, if I'm gonna 3b/f then I might aswell do it with 45s as appose to a value hand like JJ.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Exactly. But please dont do it at NL4. You should already know what your doing before you 3 bet pre. I prefer a flat pre at NL4.
  • edited August 2012
    j-j is  a solid hand its just a pity he had kings, he could have been betting with 9-9 or 10-10 so . It's a flip of the coin imo

I'm a noob though so anything i say is irrelevant :)
  • edited August 2012
    j-j is  a solid hand its just a pity he had kings, he could have been betting with 9-9 or 10-10 so . It's a flip of the coin imo I'm a noob though so anything i say is irrelevant :)
    Posted by ayrshire10
    Hi Ayr
    Sent you a PM (Private Message) regarding your AK
  • edited August 2012
    thanks POKERTREV :)
  • edited August 2012
    V this opponent i can fold.