You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NO MORE FOR ME

edited August 2012 in Area 51
Can anyone recomend any good poker sites rather than this 1? as this site you may aswell go all in with 7 n 8 rather than AA as 7 n8 will always get the run on the river seen it happen to many times on here now and the people dont  even talk back to you in the room ...bots maybe ? well ive got a few points 2 play some free hands and that be it no more money of me sky thank you

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I think once you get it into your mind that you are playing bots or the site is cheating in some way, no matter what site you are on you will think this way. There is no way that 7 8 always gets there but you just remember the times it does.
    Good luck wherever you go but I can pretty much gaurantee that whatever site you go on people will complain about the bad beats and the obligatary"good old.......(insert name of site here)" will be written when 66 beats KK.
  • edited August 2012
    hi screwy,
    jonjo's right,it is pretty much the same wherever you play on-line.
    it is very frustrating when youlose to the worse hands alot of the time,as i well know,
    but you can win against these players,you just haven't worked out how atm.
    it took me along time but i think i am there now.
    also if you are playing the cash tables then they can be a total nightmare,again i know because that's where i first started playing.
    my advice would be to play some DYM's as they are relatively cheap,as little as 60p & are a very good way for you to learn how to beat the system.
    now i'm not saying that it will be easy but it can be done,i've done it.
    anyway ,that's my advice...for what it's worth.
    sky is actually a great poker site with a fantastic community,and people are nearly always willing to give free advice to try and help all players both new & old,so why not have another crack at it m8.
    good luck anyway.
    :)
    dev
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to NO MORE FOR ME:
    Hey screwy good talking to you at the table last night
    Unfortunately that guy at the table was a complete calling station and on that occasion he was very very lucky throughout ... You will get this time to time and you just have to roll with it.
    Bad beats and runs come and go and I can assure you I have seen players like this on every site I have played on but I can also say that I have ran better on sky than any other site.
    Now back to that guy last night who did appear to be either
    Psychic
    Or a bot

Unfortunately the hands he was hitting were giving him plenty of draws with lots outs, taking that into consideration although he was calling big raises pre with what he really should have put down he did haves the stack to do so.

Unfortunately for John his poor play couldn'tbe applied heads up and I completely owned him and finished him off in about 5 hands

Good luck and once again a pleasure talking to you
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: NO MORE FOR ME:
    hi screwy, jonjo's right,it is pretty much the same wherever you play on-line. it is very frustrating when youlose to the worse hands alot of the time,as i well know, but you can win against these players,you just haven't worked out how atm. it took me along time but i think i am there now. also if you are playing the cash tables then they can be a total nightmare,again i know because that's where i first started playing. my advice would be to play some DYM's as they are relatively cheap,as little as 60p & are a very good way for you to learn how to beat the system. now i'm not saying that it will be easy but it can be done,i've done it. anyway ,that's my advice...for what it's worth. sky is actually a great poker site with a fantastic community,and people are nearly always willing to give free advice to try and help all players both new & old,so why not have another crack at it m8. good luck anyway. :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    what do u mean beat the system, are u off ur head, there is no system
  • edited August 2012
    Lol at the system

Play better, 78 will beat AA sometimes, get over it
  • edited August 2012
    Just dont play for money if it`s getting you down.

There are plenty of sites that you can play for free, i think facebook has something ( i`m not on it, its a cancer imo )

Gl.
  • edited August 2012

............Hi Screwy, poker is a tough game when thing's aren't going right but if you want any assistance or advice I am happy to help in any way that I can. Please send me a pm ie: private message which you can find via your 'Profile' tab and then goto 'Inbox'. If you are very new to poker then I would seriously take up any offers and advice that the community offer up.....you really don't have anything to lose as it's free and only plenty to gain......good luck in whichever direction you take.......tc, Billy.   
  • edited August 2012

hi and thanks for all your replys i do know how to play poker but seems this site is just go all in on anything and you will win...ive got a lot of points to play with so going to enter some free tournaments see how it goes. and see how the site plays...and kirbs he was physic had to be no raises with 3n5 well no 1 normal lol

• edited August 2012
    Just dont play for money if it`s getting you down. There are plenty of sites that you can play for free, i think facebook has something ( i`m not on it, its a cancer imo ) Gl.
    Posted by davelufc
    playin for money dosent get me down its just the donkeys raisein on nothing do you raise with them or do you not raise with them they get lucky ..you dont raise they win think i be better of playing bingo sometimes
  • edited August 2012
    Eventually you will realise you want these players on your table all day every day. Yes you will get sicked by them sometimes but if you are a decent player then you will exploit ther bad play and win against them more often than not.
  • edited August 2012
    hi and thanks for all your replys i do know how to play poker but seems this site is just go all in on anything and you will win...ive got a lot of points to play with so going to enter some free tournaments see how it goes. and see how the site plays...and kirbs he was physic had to be no raises with 3n5 well no 1 normal lol
    Posted by screwy27
    Why don't you just play like that then and you'll be rich...

• edited August 2012
    no good playin like that if the only cards you get dealt are 2n 5 6 n 2 9n 5 maybe a jkqa once in a blue moon just played a tourney was dealt 1 pair in 2 hours? rest just nothing am i doing something wrong? or is sky just takeing my money?
  • edited August 2012
    no good playin like that if the only cards you get dealt are 2n 5 6 n 2 9n 5 maybe a jkqa once in a blue moon just played a tourney was dealt 1 pair in 2 hours? rest just nothing am i doing something wrong? or is sky just takeing my money?
    Posted by screwy27
    if your having problems with bingo players then look at how you are playing against them. Sometimes its unavoidable but generaly you should be able to out play them if you analize what your doing. Maybe your comitting your self to often and putting yourself in these situations. Look at your bet sizing, look at your outs. Just because you think your ahead or you are dosnt automaticly mean your going to win. Trap these players make sure you know your ahead. If there crazy shovers dont get involved with them as much.

If your not getting any decent cards then represent you do have them and take down pots that way. Remember if your not getting cards other players also may not be.
  • edited August 2012
    Eventually you will realise you want these players on your table all day every day. Yes you will get sicked by them sometimes but if you are a decent player then you will exploit ther bad play and win against them more often than not.
    Posted by jonjo75

Yes we do want them players at our tables just not on this horrible site. It's not the players it's the horrible RNG that makes this site one of the worst i personally have EVER played on!! Good luck if your sticking with this site 'cos god knows you will need it!!!!

• edited August 2012
    funny post, Full tilt is a good one - no bots - just the humans you can't trust !