You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my weekends bet

edited December 2009 in The Shed
Ok, Iv'e gotten sick of betting £20 acca on fancied home teams each week and it rarely comming up, generally 2 teamslet me down.

I normally have a £10 trebble on 3 aways but again I rarely get it up so this week ive done something different,  In stead of having a double, trebble or acca Ive had a bet on every single game in the top 4 flights over the weekend and in every match ive gone for the underdog.

I might sound a little stupid or a little crazy but looking over the results this season im pretty sure this bet would have been worth it just about every week.  it doesnt take many 9/4 3/1 shots to win in each league to get your money back, and should 1 of the top 4 loose in the prem your onto a good thing.

I know im not gonig to win loads at this, not as much as I would on a £20 acca, and i know my initial out lay will be higher but I really dont think this is a risk bet at all (of course every team thats fav could win this weekend and il be skint).

Ive bet 2pts each match a point for me being a fiver so a tenner on each match, i expect to make between £120 - £150 profit, some might no think its worth it for a 460 outlay but I really do think 19/20 you will get your money back here.  If you like smaller stake you could of course do 10p a match for £4.60

Ive got accounts with most of the major online bookies, so ive spread my bets across to get the best odds i could, this was the worst part and it did take some time.  it would have been muhc easier to do it with the same company but then im loosing out on prices big time.

So heres the teams ive got and the price I got

Premiership

Man city 7/2
Fulham 2/1
Burnley 5/2
Wolves 22/1 (i can dream)
Hull 37/19
Sunderland 5/1
Everton 17/2
Blackburn 5/2
Wigan 15/2
Portsmouth 11/4

Championship

Derby 9/2
Barnsley 21/10
Coventry 7/4 (pallace was same price was a coin flip)
Doncaster 9/4
Plymouth 9/2
Forrest 10/3
Blackpool 12/5
Peterborough 9/2
Scunthorpe 4/1
Bristol City 5/1
Sheff Wednesday 3/1
Preston 11/5

League 1

Southend 6/4
Walsall 12/5
Brighton 3/1
Gillingham 3/1
Swindon 9/4
Hartlepool 11/2
Tran mere 11/4 (its a banned word forsome reason lol)
Wycombe 15/2
Oldham 19/10
Norwhich 2/1
Exeter 15/8
Yeovil 23/10

League 2

Portvale 14/5
Accrington 7/2
Herreford 13/5
Darlington 15/2
Rochdale 13/5
Grimsby 11/4
Macclesfiled 5/2
Cheltenham 11/4
Crewe 12/5
Aldershot 11/2
Bury 19/10
Torquay 11/5

Theres only 1 thing more annoying thna placing all these bets and that was typnig it out lol.

Might not be the best week to do this bet expecting a lot of games to be called off but we will see how it goes, as i said it wont make me rich anytime soon but expect a nice profit every week.

Gareth

Comments

• edited November 2009
    thats a lot of bets dude!!!gl with all of them
  • edited November 2009
    Thanks its been something ive wnated to do for a while admitedly only £1 on each team but i really dont need that many to win to come out even so not feeling nervous at all (well maybe a lil)
  • edited November 2009
    and i thought i was bad for my bets at the weekend on the footy, you jst made me feel better.....
    I do 2 (average 8 teams) accum, then my individual bets on the Boro as i never put my team in an accum, goal scorer & score, 1 bet, goal score sep bet 2nd bet 1st goal scorer 3rd bet, then if the boro play at home i put my bets on there whilst at the match.
    Bet the bookies like you. :-)
    xx
  • edited November 2009
    lol im not normally this bad, and if it goes pears up this weekend may not try it again, its certainly more than i can afford just very confident that it will be a winning bet.

Bookies gotta love you as well if ur constantly betting boro :P :)
  • edited November 2009
    That's some bet mate, hope you get a good profit, could be the way to go because the teams you expect to win don't, especially when you've got them in an acca.
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: my weekends bet:
    That's some bet mate, hope you get a good profit, could be the way to go because the teams you expect to win don't, especially when you've got them in an acca.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Exactly my thinking, ideally I would have done this as a pretend bet for a few weeks and recorded the results to see for sure if there is a regular profit but like usuall I jump in the deep end
  • edited November 2009
    good luck you might need it, but if don't try you don't get!
  • edited February 2010
    I've gone for usual £1 on the Super6 enhanced multiple and then £1 acc. on Chelsea, United, Arsenal (can see them drawing this week though) Spurs, Rangers, Huddersfield, WBA and Watford - returns just over £130 so happy days if can pull it off!
  • edited November 2009
    Good Luck with your bet dan,

Southend got a 90th minute winner last night so thats the first team in for £25, just £435 needed to get my money back :) hoping for a few more 90th minute goals today
  • edited November 2009
    I've gone for:

Birmingham draw, Villa, Hull, Arsenal, Watford, Huddersfield, Millwall & Notts County. £1 pays just over £200. Come on!
  • edited November 2009

Well this didnt go as well as i hoped :(

In the premiership I had 2 winners sunderland got me £60 and Blackburn got me £35

In the championship I had 2 winners Again Doncaster got me £32.50 and Barnsley got me £31

League 1 was slighlty better with 4 winners Southend £25 Swindon £32.50 Wycombe £85 Exeter £28.75

League 2 was dissapointing with just the 1 winner Rochdale £36

So I layed out £460 and if my maths is correct collected £375.75.

Thats the wife not getting a christmas pressent lol.  League 2 reallylet me down theres generally a few away wins which i was banking on but was to many draws this week.  Im going to give it another try this week try and win my money back will post my teams on friday

• edited November 2009
    That still aint too bad.....could have been a lot worse.

another day it could be a lot better....whats the saying ...."footballs a funny old game"

good luck this week

I'm going to try a low stakes version but just by picking what the outcome will be, draws are good value.
  • edited November 2009
    GOOD TO SEE WYCOMBE DID YOU A FAVOUR THEY KILLED ALL MY ACCYS, LEAGUE 2 IS ALWAYS A DIFFICULT ONE TO BET AGAINST THE FAVS WITH 7 OR 8 TEAMS MUCH WEAKER THAN THE REST 
  • edited November 2009
    Another bet that can be a good earner if you can afford the outlay is covering all the games to finish 3-3.

Odds are normally 50/1 upwards and its very rare you don,t get any. Check the results for this season if you don't believe me.

46 english games over a weekend only need one to get your money back, but you can cover leagues in other countries as well, all depends on how much you want/afford to bet.

Don't do this bet myelf, i have a system which is less outlay and bigger profit which is working well at the moment.

Be lucky.

POST EDIT

Made this post late last night and this morning decided to see how this bet would be doing if i had done it from start of season. Not good reading.

If just covering English leagues at £1 a game would be over £250 down, only 10 3-3 draws so far.
    Add Scottish leagues to this and its £350 down, only 5 3-3 draws.

The losses are based on odds being 50/1 but can get 66/1 or 80/1 so maybe less and obviously if you were covering this bet for a whole season there is plenty of time to turn it round but also plenty of time for it to keep sliding in the same direction.

Just added this footnote as i did'nt want to give anyone a bum steer. 
  • edited November 2009
    i do a few 4 draw accumilators  only a pound but if they come in like they havent so far id win 120 wich is a good return, i also do them them two from each section at the bookies it works out at 6000/1 for a fourteen fold ive come close but dont think ill ever get it, its just fun, and it helps keep the bookie from bikeing to work. u never see a skint bookie do you.
  • edited November 2009
    try this newcastle 12.45donegal         1.50 solwit    towcester 12.50 mr pickles    newbury 1.35 big bucks  
  • edited November 2009
    My Prem acca for this week:

Villa Draw
    Blackburn Draw
    Fulham Win
    Man City Win
    Man U Win
    West Ham Win
    Wigan Win
    Arsenal Draw
    Everton Draw
    Wolves Draw

Over 5 grand if it comes off. Come on!
  • edited November 2009
    In Response to Re: my weekends bet:
    try this newcastle 12.45donegal         1.50 solwit    towcester 12.50 mr pickles    newbury 1.35 big bucks  
    Posted by philthemil
    HAD NICE WIN ON BIG BUCKS JUST STUCK THE LOT ON BINOCULAR ONE OF IF ISNT GOING 2 BE HAPPY LOL
  • edited November 2009
    CORRECTION BOTH OF US

AUSTRALIA IN THE RUGBY LATER 4/5 THEY LOST LAST WEEK SO WILL BE WELL UP FOR THIS WALES ALWAYS CHOKE AGAINST THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE SIDES
  • edited November 2009

I've bet in all Premiership games, 50p 10-fold, 10p 9-folds and 10p 8-folds.

Blackburn Stoke DRAW
    Fulham
    Man City
    Man United
    West Ham Burnley DRAW
    Sunderland
    Tottenham
    Wolves Birmingham DRAW
    Liverpool
    Chelsea

It's about 9-10K if it comes in. £52 minimum if 8 win.

• edited November 2009

Wow just seen this message board, right up my street!
    1. 3:25 Newcastle - Extra Value Race Harmony Brig @ 17/2
    2. 3:15 Newbury - Extra Value Race Nampour @ 8/1               ( quickfire ew double)
  • edited November 2009
    Hi 35suited

I see only 7 came in, one game still to be played and two postponed.

£430 stake, i would imagine 7/8 results are'nt going to cover that.

Interesting bet, i see from what you said in your first post you need 40 to 45% of your results to come in to make money. Nearly half the underdogs to win over the weekend, not sure that's being realistic.

Twice now its cost you money, third times a charm?

As a footnote to my other post on this thread there were'nt any 3-3 draws this weekend either so best steer clear of that bet.
  • edited November 2009

The less said about my bet this week the better lol, I knew I shouldnt have done it fa cup week, will post the results a little later when I have a bit more time

• edited December 2009
    Had a more sensible bet tonight, to keep an eye on whilst playing tko.

had 5 acca on

Villa evens
    Northampton evens
    Charlton 5/4
    Bournemouth 6/4

Only pays £112 but at least i cant loose much

Gareth

p.s. I will get round to showing how much I lost on weekend bet soemtime soon
  • edited December 2009

Todays acca.....
    India to beat Sri Lanka - 8/11
    Stoke to beat Wigan - 11/10
    Spurs to beat Wolves - 2/7
    S'land to beat Pompey - 4/5
    Higgins to beat Ronnie - 5/4

188.88 off a tenner...

Rubbish on the horses lately, anyone fancy anything? Celestial Halo goes without saying, it wud be the first bet in the above acca if I wasnt running so bad on the turf atm.

Cheerz, DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    My bet for this weekend

Man City to beat Bolton               4/5
    Sunderland to beat Portsmouth    8/11
    Coventry to beat Peterborough     evens
    Watford to beat Derby                 19/20
    Southampton to beat Tra nmere   4/11
    Chesterfield to beat Cheltenham   4/7
    Shrewsbury to beat Grimsby          8/13

£10 accumalator pays £419.73
  • edited December 2009

Covvo to beat P'boro? U must be a fan, lol

Got to be huge value on Higgings to beat ronnie at 5/4? no?

Add that or swap it for the cov game n u might be in ;)

GL, DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    everyweek you do these mega bets lol you must have a docket the length of my arm - also i think you should give gamblers anonymous a try lol
  • edited December 2009
    AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

5-way acca, stand to pick up over £80 from a £3 bet and what happens............................................................

POMPEY SCORE AN EQUALISER IN THE LAST SECONDS OF INJURY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The other 4 games had finished & i was just waiting for this to come in when Jeff popped up with the bad news.

I suppose if nothing else, I covered my stake with the 4-folds but to be within quite literally a few seconds of a win is so annoying. 2nd time this has happened to me this season.
  • edited December 2009

Get on the treble 2day at navan cousin vinny, donnas palm, ryhl accord...looks like easyyyyy money..ruby ruby ruby will work his magic.