You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I wanna call down so bad...

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Hand is from £1000 gtd bh

Villain is a well known and highly respected player. I'll leave his name out because I always do, although there is prob no need to remove it. I dont play here much so have no real reads, but know he is good. He 3bet me the hand before this as well, I folded. Otherwise we havent really tangled. I have probably been opening more than rest of table, but not what I would regard as loose

Oh thanks for the table draw btw sky

Thoughts on all streets appreciated

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Small blind  20.00 20.00 4300.00
Barlicker Big blind  40.00 60.00 1660.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

grantorino Raise  120.00 180.00 2995.00
TommyD Fold     
HAYSIE Fold     
Raise  280.00 460.00 4020.00
Barlicker Fold     
grantorino Call  180.00 640.00 2815.00
Flop

• Q

VBet  400.00 1040.00 3620.00
grantorino Call  400.00 1440.00 2415.00
Turn

• J

Bet  520.00 1960.00 3100.00
grantorino Call  520.00 2480.00 1895.00
River

All-in  3100.00 5580.00 0.00
grantorino Fold     
 Muck     
 Win  2480.00  2480.00
 Return  3100.00

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I think I'd fold the turn.

If you call the turn, you're basically hoping that he chickens out of making a bet on the river but you know that he knows you only have a pot size bet behind. If he's a good reg, I don't think he bets this turn against your stack unless he has it, especially after you flat his flop bet. Your line looks like it could easily be a draw on the flop and he doesn't seem to care. In fact, his bet-sizing looks very much like he's allowing you to put it in on the turn with imaginary fold equity and he's setting up the shove on the river if you call the turn.

I think you're always beat here but if you can't call your stack off on the river, don't call on the turn.

I doubt he's trying to push you off a flush, btw. On the flop he'd expect a raise from a small flush and if you just had a single big heart, well, you're obviously not folding. (You know that... but before someone else suggests it)
  • edited August 2012
    why would you ever call ?! This would be worse than spew to call river imo, turn is a pretty clear fold. 

preflop if you wanna raise/call these hands i'd raise smaller otherwise 3x and fold to 3bets !
  • edited August 2012
    grantorino u give out gd advive but when it comes to ya own play geeeeeeeeez u mad for calling here if some 1 else posted this u would say snap fold so do the same :) 
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: I wanna call down so bad...:
    grantorino u give out gd advive but when it comes to ya own play geeeeeeeeez u mad for calling here if some 1 else posted this u would say snap fold so do the same :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I dont think I would say snapfold turn against a good villain, sounds like I should though. Really had a feeling it was a bluff, maybe giving too much heed to my inner calling station

So everyone thinks he bluffs turn basically never?

If I do decide he bluffs turn enough to call, should I always call river or do we expect him to give up bluffs on river?

Borin and beaneh agree with your comments on sizing. Software wouldnt let me write in my bets manually for some reason though. Prob should be folding pre tbh looking back at it
  • edited August 2012
    bump.

anyone else any thoughts?
  • edited August 2012
    idk but barlicker is a great name

just fold turn
  • edited August 2012
    U cant call turn and fold river.

U cant call turn.

• edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    I think villain will bluff this turn and give up on the river sometimes but I just fold