You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i get max or could i get more

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
DrRunGood Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £184.42
AlfPachino Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £44.37
 Your hole cards

begrudger Fold     
bearlyther Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £53.04
MATT8 Call  £1.50 £3.75 £70.79
matlyls Fold     
DrRunGood Call  £1.25 £5.00 £183.17
AlfPachino Fold     
Flop

DrRunGood Check     
bearlyther Bet  £3.40 £8.40 £49.64
MATT8 Fold     
DrRunGood Call  £3.40 £11.80 £179.77
Turn

• A

DrRunGood Check     
bearlyther Bet  £7.00 £18.80 £42.64
DrRunGood Raise  £14.00 £32.80 £165.77
bearlyther Fold     
DrRunGood Muck     
DrRunGood Win  £24.51  £190.28
DrRunGood Return  £7.00
bearlyther said he was only barrelling and if i check on river he was checkin behind so this hand doesnt need to much in depth but in genral in this situation how would you play it to get max?

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Unless you have a reputation of being a bit of a maniac, or capable of making moves with nothing its real easy to show your hand face up on these un-coordinated boards and esp from the position you are in.

I'm not sure what the best line post flop is, as it "depends" on a few things,  but more often than not i would 3-bet pre with 33 purely because of my tight image, and so i would find it hard to get paid in a single raised pot in this scenario.

If i took your line pre i would c/c flop, c/c turn .. c/jam river....because there's not a great deal out there by raising the turn like you did would make me look really strong (repping very little) although i could use this to my advantage sometimes ..still i would rarely bluff this particular turn card.
  • ybyb
    edited August 2012
    you just about fold out everything you beat taking that line

c/c turn, c/jam river
  • edited August 2012
    with his stack, just c/c as you did on flop but as previously said c/shove the river, he probably pot comitted by then. If he checks behind on the river you wouldnt get much anyway. Let him barrel away.
  • edited August 2012
    either c/r flop or c/c flop and turn
  • edited August 2012
    3betting 22-55 at anything below 100nl is going to loose you a tonne of money as the games just arent agressive enough to be doing this OOP in a 3way pot imo, unless you have world class post flop skills.  Personally, I would rather 3bet 35s then 33 pre in this spot. 

Flop lead is fine, its 3way someone will have a piece, bet turn as not stacking A7, A9 is kinda horrid.  Also pretty Ax hands that are floating will wake up on turn.

Depending on river card either check and let him bluff with worse/missed draw or get value from an actual hand if river improves our impression of his percieved range.

(Please note these are generic comments for 50nl, not in any way specific to Bearly)