You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is this a fold?

Comments

• edited August 2012

From tonights DTD 3

Both opponents had been pretty solid:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ** Small blind  50.00 50.00 3502.50
    Slykllist Big blind  100.00 150.00 6056.00
     Your hole cards
    • J
    • A

lcheste Fold     
    Raise  200.00 350.00 3425.00
    POKEY2011 Fold     
    **Call  150.00 500.00 3352.50
    Slykllist Call  100.00 600.00 5956.00
    Flop

• A

** Check     
    Slykllist Check     
    All-in  3425.00 4025.00 0.00
    ** All-in  3352.50 7377.50 0.00
    Slykllist Fold    
  • edited August 2012
    It's a snap fold... unless you think they're both playing A8 or worse. That shove is bad whatever the player is holding but the call can't be a draw unless it's QcJc... Most likely one of them has a bigger made hand and the other a big draw.

(Tough for them to be holding QcJc unless there are two Jc's in the deck)
  • edited August 2012
    Actually, without seeing the hand outcome it's a pretty straight forward fold.

Another question, pre-flop what do we think of my flat with AJ?  Also post flop, I actually checked to c/r the c-bet, taking the later action out of the equation, wht do we think of this line?
  • edited August 2012
    I like the flat, pre-flop. If you 3-bet, it has to be because your opponent is the type to call with AT or worse and never 4-bets without a big hand. The flat lets you keep a wider range in... though you'll be looking to hit the flop pretty big or to play a smallish pot with one-pair.

Given that line of thinking, I'd hate the check-raise on the flop. You scare out almost any hand that you beat and value-town yourself when your opponent has you beat. So it's a bad value bet and, while I suppose you might fold out an AQ, I can't see it working as a bluff against any other better hand.

I think check-call for a normal bet would be best and see what happens on the turn. Without improving, you're going to find it hard to call on three streets though, so you need to be willing to check-fold if you see alot of action.
  • edited August 2012
    AJo - i would have folded or 3 Bet preflop for agression and info.

you have to check post flop and have no idea where you are hence have to fold.
  • edited August 2012
    Don't 3b for aggression.. What info would you gain?

Also have you not a thread about flatting AJo in BB