You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 NL Bluff thoughts?

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancerobert1958Small blind £0.25£0.25£44.03lyonsbob06Big blind £0.50£0.75£73.61 Your hole cards610   three33320Fold    style2737Fold    shrimpsterRaise £2.00£2.75£102.24bearlytherRaise £3.50£6.25£62.47robert1958Fold    lyonsbob06Fold    shrimpsterRaise £7.50£13.75£94.74bearlytherCall £6.00£19.75£56.47Flop  87A   shrimpsterCheck    bearlytherCheck    Turn  4   shrimpsterBet £14.50£34.25£80.24bearlytherCall £14.50£48.75£41.97River  7   shrimpsterCheck    bearlytherAll-in £41.97£90.72£0.00shrimpsterFold    bearlytherShow610   bearlytherWin £46.95 £46.95bearlytherReturn £41.97£1.80£88.92

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Played this hand trying trying to play it in position and not play my cards but play it from what i thought my opponant had.  Do you like my line here or is this a bit spewy?
  • edited August 2012
    far too spewy did u misclick???.. jus fold pre, as played 3bet alot bigger, were jus invitin hands in and we got garbage.. if your goin to 3bet a polarised range it should on the most part be vs someone that will mostly 4bet or fold.. but make sure the sizin is correct so u have fold equity. on the flip side someone that calls 3bet alot, have a de-polarised stronger 3bettin range.

also i take a stab on the flop after 3bet pre, i would with value hands and bluffs,so 100% of range should cbet this board texture, his range is still so wide after the small 3 bet we have to take a stab at the pot.. if your called then i think we should jus give up..

dont like the call on the turn to outplay on the river.. as before we cannot define his range well enough for it to be justified, were playin blind and jus throwing money down the drain imo.. 
  • edited August 2012
    Looks too much just like your blindoflded and pressing buttons, starting with minimal re raise pre which is just never gonna get anybody to fold.

Rest is just weird
  • edited August 2012
    looks like a awfull river card to bluff your line is weird looks like just a pure gamble he hasnt got anything m8
  • edited August 2012
    I think horrendous all round.

I'd love to hear your though process on this, if there was one??

By the river you have risked ~125BBs to win ~40BBs and at no point in the hand have you had any significant equity.

regardless of the outcome, appaling.
  • edited August 2012
  • edited August 2012
    i dont understand how you can be playing 50nl etc and then need the thoughts of others on a hand as bad as this.

pretty sure this forum isn't designed to advertise an unrealistic lag image
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Bluff thoughts?:
    i dont understand how you can be playing 50nl etc and then need the thoughts of others on a hand as bad as this. pretty sure this forum isn't designed to advertise an unrealistic lag image
    Posted by huuuuume

obvious advo ) stick to MC tables !
  • edited August 2012
    Lol

Fold pre, 3b bigger if you must 3b, definitely fold to 4b

Fold turn, why you flatting

River I think is ok
  • edited August 2012
    not advo lol.. ppl wouldnt no how to use this to there advantage properly.. 
    100% clicked the wrong button pre then turned into a spewtard.!

• edited August 2012
    In Response to Re: 50 NL Bluff thoughts?:
    pretty sure this forum isn't designed to advertise an unrealistic lag image
    Posted by huuuuume
    I'm pretty sure this forum wasn't designed at all!!! Have you actually used it... its the forum equivalent of playing poker on an old spectrum or amstrad or summin..

As for the bluff if your taking a stand here doing it against someone who doesn't play very much 50nl so we have very less info on them and is showing aggression in this specifc hand isn't very sensible imo!! That's just my thought.
  • edited August 2012
    This is what happens when you decide to play until 5 am!
  • edited August 2012
    what a hurrendous piece of advertising/play