You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line Check

edited August 2012 in The Poker Clinic
What dya think of this? I assume the flop call is fine. Is it fine for me to have a stab on the turn when he's bet so weak on the flop and then checked the turn?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
alec1957 Big blind   £0.04 £0.04 £1.27
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.24 £5.29
reap_sow Fold        
fenlandpat Fold        
alec1957 Call   £0.16 £0.40 £1.11
Flop

alec1957 Bet   £0.04 £0.44 £1.07
Lambert180 Call   £0.04 £0.48 £5.25
Turn

alec1957 Check        
Lambert180 Bet   £0.24 £0.72 £5.01
alec1957 All-in   £1.07 £1.79 £0.00
Lambert180 Fold        
alec1957 Muck        
alec1957 Win   £0.88   £0.88
alec1957 Return   £0.83 £0.08 £1.71

Comments

• edited August 2012
    I probz check back turn because what happened in this hand is what usually happens when villain takes that line. You have showdown value and 2 overs to hit. 
  • edited August 2012
    if ur guna turn ur hand into a bluff raise flop
  • edited August 2012
    reraise flop

donk min lead is never strong and if he goes all in you have equity enough to make the call.
  • edited August 2012
    this is a easy spot 2 raise a small donk lead guy obv just a 5 6 and im putting pressure on here all the time 
  • edited August 2012
    Prob raise flop and wtih his stack then not folding if he does jam.

With ur line tho I check back turn.

Like the raise size pre tho.
  • edited August 2012
    I don't think calling the flop is too bad, but it's very villain dependent.  I know NL4 villains who can do this with the nuts, and others do it with nothing, others wit a pair, and others with a draw.  If you don't think he's doing it with the nuts then I suppose calling is fine.  I'd probably raise though.  

Having called the flop I would call the turn and hope he checks the river. 

Generally I don't like calling down with AK at NL4 though, as whenever I do, the other guy has a pair.  

• edited August 2012
    Well I wasn't just intending on calling down with A-high and expecting to win, I called the flop bet because I think it's pretty likely I have 6 outs to go ahead and he's charging me 4p to try to win 44p so I'm getting the right odds.

It was only when he checked the turn that I thought I had a chance to steal it now because his line looked so weak (or so strong, doesn't know what he's doing and is just desperate for me to not fold).

Looking back at it now, I should have just checked the turn behind and took a free chance to hit.
  • edited August 2012
    as soon as you call on the flop you show weakness and most people will shove your raise on turn i would with any 2 as you make it look like your wanting to see turn card and that is a blank so your raise doesnt make sense. the call on the flop i would never do either raise or fold this call only works if you then hit on flop

if you reraise another 16p on the flop you prob win here if he shoves there then you save yourself 8p in the hand and fold
  • edited August 2012
    seems to be a trend at nl4 to 4p bet. I've seen it done with air and sets
    I would reraise flop to sround 20p to see where you are

as played check turn
  • edited August 2012
    In Response to .:
    Well I wasn't just intending on calling down with A-high and expecting to win, I called the flop bet because I think it's pretty likely I have 6 outs to go ahead and he's charging me 4p to try to win 44p so I'm getting the right odds. It was only when he checked the turn that I thought I had a chance to steal it now because his line looked so weak (or so strong, doesn't know what he's doing and is just desperate for me to not fold). Looking back at it now, I should have just checked the turn behind and took a free chance to hit.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Yeah, 1ike I said I dont mind ca11ing the f1op.

I misread the turn tbh but I sti11 check behind.

The 1ast bit I said about ca11ing down was rea11y me just ta1kijng to myse1f.