You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ins and outs at spurs

edited October 2012 in The Football Corner
neutral in peace,

m just hoping to get spurs' fans' thoughts on transfer dealings at their club.

although it clearly might only be gossip, ive now read unbelievably van der vaart and parker have been put up for sale, is this nonsense but if not surely it is riling the supporters beyond belief?!

add to this defoe and dawson who strangely was given nod for captains role if im led to believe correctly before almost being transferred across to loftus road???

is there some masterplan in place by owners/AVB is all this is in fact true or are spurs fans beginning to have a right worry? i just cant get my head round likes of van der vaart who i think is sensational

Comments

• edited September 2012
    In Response to ins and outs at spurs:
    neutral in peace, m just hoping to get spurs' fans' thoughts on transfer dealings at their club. although it clearly might only be gossip, ive now read unbelievably van der vaart and parker have been put up for sale, is this nonsense but if not surely it is riling the supporters beyond belief?! add to this defoe and dawson who strangely was given nod for captains role if im led to believe correctly before almost being transferred across to loftus road??? is there some masterplan in place by owners/AVB is all this is in fact true or are spurs fans beginning to have a right worry? i just cant get my head round likes of van der vaart who i think is sensational
    Posted by BELL_POKER
    Its madness, u was right dawson was given the captincy and then told he has no future when we all love dawson at tottenham, okay his not top class but his better then most and give 100% every game.  The vdv one i can understand more i love the bloke as he always scores against arsenal but at his age and to make a profit for a player that is hard to fit into a system its jsut about understandable, the defence is that we signed the best next thing in this position in clint dempsey.

Im still getting over the appointment of avb, sack one of the best managers in our history who got us playing agaisnt real madrid in the quater finals of the champions league, to get this clueless reject from chelsea?? makes no sense.....its so gutting to see all the hard work of 3/4 yrs being ruined in a summer, in my opinion he'll be gone before christmas
  • edited September 2012
    They thought they was IN the C/L,
    Then they was OUT of the C/L.
  • edited September 2012
    Lloris is a massive coop. 

Other than that i know nothing
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: ins and outs at spurs:
    Lloris is a massive coop.  Other than that i know nothing
    Posted by The_Don90
    but we didnt even need a goalie, we dont have a goalscorer and we need another midfielder, lloris might be good but no goalie is more on form then brad friedal atm , other things need sorted
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to ins and outs at spurs : Its madness, u was right dawson was given the captincy and then told he has no future when we all love dawson at tottenham, okay his not top class but his better then most and give 100% every game.  The vdv one i can understand more i love the bloke as he always scores against arsenal but at his age and to make a profit for a player that is hard to fit into a system its jsut about understandable, the defence is that we signed the best next thing in this position in clint dempsey. Im still getting over the appointment of avb, sack one of the best managers in our history who got us playing agaisnt real madrid in the quater finals of the champions league, to get this clueless reject from chelsea?? makes no sense.....its so gutting to see all the hard work of 3/4 yrs being ruined in a summer, in my opinion he'll be gone before christmas
    Posted by robbie1992
    +1 - I don,t think anyone will understand that one. There must have been some hidden reasons behind Harry going and AVB coming in (probably money being 1 off the factors )

I,ve been followinf Spurs a bit this season as i have 4 players in my fantasy footy team and Defoe for top scorer. So was pleased to see Defoe again on his own up front again today

Dembele and Sandro played well today and look they can fit in well and with Adebayour and Dempsey on the bench they still have options up front if Defoe gets injured/suspended

The main thing i think about Spurs this season though after Harry leaving and missing out on Champs league football is that despite this they have held on to the nuclieus of the team ( Bale, Lennon, Defoe, Gallas , Dawson and Walker who had a gr8 end to last season and seems to be improving all the time )

With the extra additons i think if AVB gets it right they could challenge for a top 4 spot again this season , especially with Liverpool out of the old"  Big 4 " ( Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and now Man City) 

EDIT - Personally i think Man City have brought to many players in. They,ve got so many quality strikers you can,t keep them all happy throughout the season as most of them won,t be in the first team and it is often a benefit having a smaller squad with the same team playing togethor week in week out
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: ins and outs at spurs : but we didnt even need a goalie, we dont have a goalscorer and we need another midfielder, lloris might be good but no goalie is more on form then brad friedal atm , other things need sorted
    Posted by robbie1992
    Form is Temporary, Class is permnament. Lloris is twice the goalkeeper of Frediel and lets face it how many more seasons do you expect from him. 

I worried most about the central defence if im honest. You play one stiker and have 2 of the top 20 strikers in the premiership no worries about that imo. 

Midfield, Dembele and Dempsey are good incommings are good. No Modric good but well he was going to be very hard to replace. The sale of VDV worries me though. 
  • edited October 2012
    Dembele WILL be your Player of Year!!
  • edited October 2012
    Yeah Defoe is playing well seems like avb fancies him more then adebayor.  Modric was okay, his technically brilliant but struggles to make a big consistant impact on the game overrated in my opinion and i wouldnt be suprised to see him struggling for real id honest rather have dembele, VDV i love and was gutted when he went but he seemed to have a poor attitude and after being 2-0 up against YOU NO WHO and 12 points clear and blowing it i find it hard to stick up for these players.

The manager i want to do well he seems a nice bloke but im still not sure, 4 wins in a row is impresisve tho.  I think we got a good chance of getting 4th above arsenal this year as there gonna miss van persies goals, dont think giroud or poldoski will score those amounts.

Preying for a win on saturday over chelsea, it will hurt them even more knowing AVB will be leading us to it. COYS!