You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What is villans range here?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
I raised it up with 87suited isolating the limper and flopped a gutshot and cbet the flop.  I then get check raised what is his range?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepaddy1988Small blind £0.25£0.25£46.50gman66630Big blind £0.50£0.75£10.83 Your hole cards87   JohnnyhFold    SanqBeliqCall £0.50£1.25£69.06bearlytherRaise £2.00£3.25£48.27Triumph62Call £2.00£5.25£68.64paddy1988Fold    gman66630Fold    SanqBeliqCall £1.50£6.75£67.56Flop  544   SanqBeliqCheck    bearlytherBet £5.00£11.75£43.27Triumph62Fold    SanqBeliqRaise £13.50£25.25£54.06

Comments

• edited August 2012
    Sorry but.... it depends.
  • edited August 2012
    Could be anything.

44,55,67,89, 23, any gutshot, 2 overs, complete bluff. Readless it's hard to narrow. 
  • edited August 2012
    Idk, he sure likes raising boards no one is ever going to believe him on tho
  • edited August 2012
    Judging by your other hands I take it you're a hero and raise and win the pot. 
  • edited August 2012
    Bearly you really need to remove villain name, and describe his play - this is your "read" on him - write 2-5 sentances on what you know about villain with the hand history underneath it.  I'm sure you've played with him enough to make some assumptions, this way you improve your general thinkings instead of the of chance that someone else who recognises the name can share a range for villain here, which is kinda poor form imo.

And, too results orientated.  I'm not trying to be a deucehe - just trying to help you improve your own poker logic/hand reading - I'm going to selfban myself from posting in threads from now on when the villains name isn't removed... 
  • edited September 2012
    I just felt it was a strange line he was taking at the time check raising that flop so i went with my immediate insticts and set him allin and he snap folded.  Basically he felt i was weak and i knew he couldnt represent anything there so there was nothing he could do when i jam. 
  • edited September 2012

layerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepaddy1988Small blind £0.25£0.25£46.50gman66630Big blind £0.50£0.75£10.83 Your hole cardshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; display: block; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 1px; border-color: #9bc3e5; border-style: solid" class="spade">8https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; display: block; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 1px; border-color: #9bc3e5; border-style: solid" class="spade">7   JohnnyhFold    SanqBeliqCall £0.50£1.25£69.06bearlytherRaise £2.00£3.25£48.27https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/hhdealer.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; background-position: 100% 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; margin: 0px" class="dealer">Triumph62Call £2.00£5.25£68.64paddy1988Fold    gman66630Fold    SanqBeliqCall £1.50£6.75£67.56Flop  
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/diamond.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; display: block; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 1px; border-color: #9bc3e5; border-style: solid" class="diamond">5
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/heart.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; display: block; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 1px; border-color: #9bc3e5; border-style: solid" class="heart">4
    • https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/spade.gif'); background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: #ffffff; display: block; width: 15px; text-align: center; font-size: 0.9em; background-position: 1px 100%; background-repeat: no-repeat no-repeat; border-width: 1px; border-color: #9bc3e5; border-style: solid" class="spade">4
       SanqBeliqCheck    bearlytherBet £5.00£11.75£43.27Triumph62Fold    SanqBeliqRaise £13.50£25.25£54.06bearlytherAll-in £43.27£68.52£0.00SanqBeliqFold    bearlytherMuck    bearlytherWin £32.06 £32.06bearlytherReturn £34.77£1.69£66.83
  • edited September 2012
    No idea why these hands are coming out like these ive tried it in 3 different web browsers
  • edited September 2012
    So it was a brag again, yes? 
  • edited September 2012
    Must we always have posts with either hero calls, hero folds, great moves where everything goes your way? Generally the clinic is for people to post hands, get opinions and you improve your game. There is no possible way anyone can give you an opinion on this hand, unless they have specific reads on the opponent, and as someone else said, I think it's pretty form to share reads on opponents in a public forum.

By the way, what happened to you grinding a living out of DYMs? Did you decide you could make more from cash?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: What is villans range here?:
    Must we always have posts with either hero calls, hero folds, great moves where everything goes your way? Generally the clinic is for people to post hands, get opinions and you improve your game. There is no possible way anyone can give you an opinion on this hand, unless they have specific reads on the opponent, and as someone else said, I think it's pretty form to share reads on opponents in a public forum. By the way, what happened to you grinding a living out of DYMs? Did you decide you could make more from cash?
    Posted by Lambert180
    I felt i made a good read given the situation its not about my opponant its about the board texture and what i felt he could only represent in this spot was air so i came over the top with a jam.  People have posted hands about me losing before and i personally dont mind it at all and have asked for my name to be put back in when someone asked that it should be taken out its all part of learning.  

With regards to the dyms i have found that there isnt a lot of money to be made from them so for the time being i have quit them for good.  Been focusing on cash lately aswell as the main events and all the £110 games on here and tournaments on 2 other sites.
  • edited September 2012
    So you didn't take into account what you know about the opponent? because there are some players who will literally  make this move with trips, FHs, quads and that's it, where as some would do it with a massive range.
  • edited September 2012
    'I felt i made a good read given the situation'... 'Brag, Beats and Variance' is your friend. Use it. 

'People have posted hands about me losing before and i personally dont mind' Yes but that's your personal decision. On the whole I think players would prefer not having their play advertised to the whole of the forum without realising. Obvously if they're ok with their names being left in then that's fine, but in general villains name should be left out to avoid opponents gaining an unfair advantage. 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: What is villans range here?:
    'I felt i made a good read given the situation'... 'Brag, Beats and Variance' is your friend. Use it.  'People have posted hands about me losing before and i personally dont mind' Yes but that's your personal decision. On the whole I think players would prefer not having their play advertised to the whole of the forum without realising. Obvously if they're ok with their names being left in then that's fine, but in general villains name should be left out to avoid opponents gaining an unfair advantage. 
    Posted by percival09
    So what your saying is sky should stop showing poker hands on the tv channell as well.
  • edited September 2012
    Well, players playing on a cash table with a TV icon next to it know beforehand that there is a possibility that their hand may well be played on the television. Players may play on tables without a TV icon so their play isn't advertised. 
  • edited September 2012
    Well no, because they make a point of saying that they only show hands from TV tables and if you play on them, you are essentially agreeing to hands potentially being show. If you don't want hands shown, don't play on TV tables (which is 95% of tables)
  • edited September 2012
    I think its a good spot to 3bet v most villains, but reads are important. Post some for better replies
  • edited September 2012
    Showing oppo to bluff spots like this and the other spot is not good.
    Basically telling everyone what oppo is doing, remove the name and then brag )

like GT says though, what is oppo repping
  • edited September 2012
    gives no reads
    expects to be given examples of a villians range

wat