You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live freezeout situation

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Was playing a live £25 freezeout at local poker club last night and had the following situation. 

About mid-way through (expect bubble in about 1 hour ish from experience) the tournament. People have stacks ranging  from 5BB-80BB. Over the last 15ish hands I had gone all in 5 times previous with stack ranging between 10-20BB. All sensible (I think) situations, e.g. people limping my BB; over the top of an aggressive player open raising the cutoff; being on the button multiway and everyone checking flop and turn, etc. No one has seen any of my hands yet and all starting the “I’m going to call you with anything soon”. We are 6 handed and I get JJ and am first to act preflop with 21BB. Thinking I’ve done enough to get looked up at some stage soon I just jammed the lot in thinking if I get called and double up then I will get safely past the bubble considering the players on my table. The question I have is have I overplayed this situation? Am I still just getting called by hands that are beating me? Obviously AA, KK, QQ and AK are all calls, but what about other pairs and A’s after my “all-in” image?

As it happens  The guy in the SB calls with AA which held up but I left happy that if the cards were reversed I would still have got the same action, but this morning I am not sure. Any comments greatfully recieved.

Should probably also mention that both the blinds are about 20BB each and antes have kicked in a while ago.

Comments

• edited September 2012
    JJ utg with your stack size is an awkward one really because let's say for example you 3x it and someone shoves what do you do? If you limp or raise you can certainly expect someone to raise/shove on you given your image at the table over the last few hands so I think you played the hand fine. 

Hnads that will call you;

AA-88, AK, AQ, and don't be surprised to be snapped off by 77-88 and AJ as these live low buy-ins most people generally suck.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Live freezeout situation:
    JJ utg with your stack size is an awkward one really because let's say for example you 3x it and someone shoves what do you do? If you limp or raise you can certainly expect someone to raise/shove on you given your image at the table over the last few hands so I think you played the hand fine.  Hnads that will call you; AA-88, AK, AQ, and don't be surprised to be snapped off by 77-88 and AJ as these live low buy-ins most people generally suck.
    Posted by DoubleAAA

SNAP CALL

• edited September 2012
    You should have just 3x'd and snap called the shove. Obviously it makes no difference here, but especially given your image, people will probably try to re-shove with a MUCH wider range than they would just call an open shove.
  • edited September 2012
    Standard raise and Snapcall it off, if you are even a little shallower I like the open shove live if you have been open shoving a similar stack a lot
  • edited September 2012
    thank you everyone  i think you are right :)
  • edited September 2012
    Open jamming 20 big blinds is really bad your raise size should have been 2.5x as the blinds get bigger.