You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Over Shove River for Value?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Thoughts please... good spot to over-shove for value? I think villian definitely calls with tons of worse Ax hands here... just happened to walk into the old 38s... any thoughts on the whole hand?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
walter1959 Sit out        
Lambert180 Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £4.17
diostam11 Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.46
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

longman912 Call   £0.04 £0.10 £0.49
tc99 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £6.40
Avro Call   £0.04 £0.18 £3.33
Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.38 £3.97
diostam11 Call   £0.18 £0.56 £3.28
longman912 Fold        
tc99 Fold        
Avro Call   £0.18 £0.74 £3.15
Flop

Lambert180 Bet   £0.37 £1.11 £3.60
diostam11 Call   £0.37 £1.48 £2.91
Avro Call   £0.37 £1.85 £2.78
Turn

Lambert180 Check        
diostam11 Check        
Avro Check        
River

• A

Lambert180 All-in   £3.60 £5.45 £0.00
diostam11 All-in   £2.91 £8.36 £0.00
Avro Fold        
Lambert180 Unmatched bet   £0.69 £7.67 £0.69
Lambert180 Show
  • A
  • K

diostam11 Show

diostam11 Win Straight to the 5 £7.09   £7.09

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Raise more pre as you're OOP 4x +1 for each limper £0.28

Pot £0.92 Flop bet 2/3 £0.60

Turn Shove

Btn limp/calls so unless he's hit that board with some A2, A5, 22-33, 56, fd hand you're handing him a spanking if he always calls your turn shove on a draw at 2/1 odds.

But you also have to follow this line when you do have made hands for it to play profitably as these spewtards will call you off with top pair weak kicker and draws etc.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value?:
    Raise more pre as you're OOP 4x +1 for each limper £0.28 Pot £0.92 Flop bet 2/3 £0.60 Turn Shove Btn limp/calls so unless he's hit that board with some A2, A5, 22-33, 56, fd hand you're handing him a spanking if he always calls your turn shove on a draw at 2/1 odds.
    Posted by DoubleAAA

At these limits yes i would over shove the river will get called by random pairs alot.
  • edited September 2012
    I'm never shoving the turn here with so little in the pot (even if I'd have raised more pre and c-bet). I just don't think I get folds enough to combine with my probable 10 outs to make it +EV.
  • edited September 2012
    Raise more pre as you're OOP 4x +1 for each limper £0.28 Pot £0.92 Flop bet 2/3 £0.60 Turn Shove Btn limp/calls so unless he's hit that board with some A2, A5, 22-33, 56, fd hand you're handing him a spanking if he always calls your turn shove on a draw at 2/1 odds. But you also have to follow this line when you do have made hands for it to play profitably as these spewtards will call you off with top pair weak kicker and draws etc.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Yeah shoving turn is awesome
  • edited September 2012
    I'm never shoving the turn here with so little in the pot (even if I'd have raised more pre and c-bet). I just don't think I get folds enough to combine with my probable 10 outs to make it +EV.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Look at there stack sizes it's a pot size bet that puts them virtually all in and if you follow this line you'll also get called when you have your made hands.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value? : Yeah shoving turn is awesome
    Posted by grantorino
    Are you agreeing with me or being sarcastic lol
  • edited September 2012
    Their stack sizes are irrelevant if I don't have the equity though. On the turn I have (probably) 10 outs, so about 20% chance of hitting... there is no way on earth I'm getting folds anywhere near the amount I need to make this +EV

And I don't think you need to make these kinda -EV plays to help you get paid off at this level, because people will pay you off anyway lol.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value? : Are you agreeing with me or being sarcastic lol
    Posted by DoubleAAA
     I'm pretty drunk but I am prob being sarcastic
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value? :  I'm pretty drunk but I am prob being sarcastic
    Posted by grantorino

haha :)
  • edited September 2012
    Their stack sizes are irrelevant if I don't have the equity though. On the turn I have (probably) 10 outs, so about 20% chance of hitting... there is no way on earth I'm getting folds anywhere near the amount I need to make this +EV And I don't think you need to make these kinda -EV plays to help you get paid off at this level, because people will pay you off anyway lol.
    Posted by Lambert180
    So do you take this same line on the turn when you have a made hand or do you always bet it?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value? : So do you take this same line on the turn when you have a made hand or do you always bet it?
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    I doubt it but he is playing 4nl so who cares whether he plays it the same

Looks pretty stupid when you shove and get snapped by A2
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Over Shove River for Value? : So do you take this same line on the turn when you have a made hand or do you always bet it?
    Posted by DoubleAAA

I think your missing the point. We bet the turn when we have the hand and check when we don't. Being balanced doesn't matter at this level. 

• edited September 2012
    Bet biger pre. 28-32p.

Dont mind half pot c-bet but i probably make it a tad bigger, turn is fine. River at NL4 i probably either bet-fold 1/2 pot or even check-call depending on aggression levels of villain. Even at NL4 i dont like the overshove on such a wet board, its quite possible with all that limp calling, or calling from BB, that all sorts of rubbish can turn up on the end.
  • edited September 2012
    this hand is too spewy imo. I'm not cbetting at nl4 with 2 players behind on this flop, theyre never folding any pair, any draw, they'll probz call with 2 overs. I probs b/f river, I suppose you might get called with a worse A but sometimes you'll be beat too. I like bf
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah, see what you mean percival, its close. Probably read dependant but checking flop is ok as is a c-bet before slowing down. Im definitely not c-betting in to any more players.
  • edited September 2012
    anyone think it's weird how I sometimes use 'probz' and sometimes 'probs' ?
  • edited September 2012
    Yes you guys are right at 4NL is best just to bet your made hands and check your missed hands in multiway pots as they're not folding anything.  That's what happens when I post late at night :(

So with that being said, raise more pre as you want to charge the callers as much as you possibly can, chk flop & turn, b/call river as they may raise you with a weak A.
  • edited September 2012
    I would never overshove the river on such a wet board.  B/f probably best.  The stack to pot ratio makes things difficult.  Maybe c/c or c/f is better.  I'm not sure.

Fwiw I would make it 24p pre and I don't mind betting or checking the flop.

I like the check on the turn.
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    tbh this is a horrible spot to over bet shove paul it really is u are only getting called by better overshove with the nuts to get called by a lower full house or lower str8 etc think this is a bad move pal myself is a q a j really going to call your shove ? 
  • edited September 2012
    Well yes, AQ, AJ, AT, and probably worse will snap me off here. It's not a huge amount more than a pot sized bet for him, and if he'll call that he'll call a shove. TBH I think I was probably being a bit RO when I posted this because he happened to have a 3 this time. I think alot more often he's got junk Ax hands and snaps off. Maybe I'm wrong, would like to get grantorino, Percival, Borin (etc) to give some thoughts. No offence meant to you Donk, just they're very good cash players.
  • edited September 2012
    lmao sorry gotta laugh 
  • edited September 2012
    River is a b/f imo

Not sure they have Ax one pair hands and call off a massive overbet on a 4 straight paired board often enough