You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How should I play this?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Never sat with either villain before so no notes and very early in sesh. My best move...?
BUGATTI Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £14.84
jim_mcC Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £85.28
Taffy14 Big blind   £0.50 £1.25 £49.50
  Your hole cards
  • J
  • K

SJspanky1 Raise   £1.50 £2.75 £71.30
SanqBeliq Fold        
Taffy14 Call   £1.00 £3.75 £48.50
britrock Fold        
BUGATTI Call   £1.25 £5.00 £13.59
jim_mcC Call   £1.00 £6.00 £84.28
Flop

• J
  • K

BUGATTI All-in   £13.59 £19.59 £0.00
jim_mcC Call   £13.59 £33.18 £70.69
SJspanky1 ?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I add another bb pre because of the guy who posted the extra bb

readless I raise and get it in. I think shoving is ok or raising to like 32 and getting it in on most turns, but that's pretty strong and you might not like turn card so I lean more towards shove and the pot is already big enough to allow you to shove. Readless you can get called by worse Ks, fd sd etc..
  • edited September 2012
    With no reads as to villian slow playing JJ KK (which is also highly unlikely) we're getting this all in on this flop all day long as so many scare cards to come on the turn and we get called by so many draws charging them incorrectly to draw.

Donk-shove all in could have any draw or KT+

Villian who flats range is 22, QTs, KQo, KQs, ATs, AQs, K2s giving us 68% Equity vs his range.  There is around 21 scare cards on the turn so I feel that getting it all in on this flop is the best play.
  • edited September 2012
    Cheers fellas. Didn't wanna be too results orientated on this one. After hand I did think could I have flatted and seen a safe turn but I reckon I'm struggling to get all the chips in thereafter. Maybe not when you see villains pre-flop calling range.......

• J
    • K

BUGATTI All-in   £13.59 £19.59 £0.00
    jim_mcC Call   £13.59 £33.18 £70.69
    SJspanky1 All-in   £71.30 £104.48 £0.00
    Taffy14 Fold        
    jim_mcC Call   £57.71 £162.19 £12.98
    BUGATTI Show
    • K

jim_mcC Show

SJspanky1 Show
    • J
    • K

Turn

River

jim_mcC Win Flush to the King £160.39   £173.37
  • edited September 2012
    i would of made it £2 pre coz of 1 limp so instead of 3 x make it 4 x anyway to the hand i would just call this flop bet i wouldnt shove call and just hope a heart doesnt come or a blank low card no ace or 9 for the up n down str8 draw get there i would be very tempting to reraise tho think best line is call and hope for a blank turn 
  • edited September 2012
    wow 93 suited, and called off 70 quid with a weak draw.....make a note, move on!!
  • edited September 2012
    you played hand fine just vul you got some1 gambling with 9 high flush draw and got there

as hawk said make note and move on next hand and get your monies back off him
  • edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    First post on this forum so could be well out but thought id offer an opinion, first moving all in/making a big bet looks like the right thing to do as the flush draw is there and you want to really try and take the pot down now without seeing any more cards, understandable, calling with a 93s for me is very brave sure hes getting 2-1 pot odds for what is effectively about a 40% chance of him hitting his flush which makes mathematical sense but personally, id have probably have folded that hand as there are 3 higher suited hearts someone could have been holding and at £13 current bet would probably have cut my losses. In his defense the only thing he may of read from the all in bet was that he knew you were trying to get rid of him and he may have put you on a very marginal/small hand. Not sure if id have raised anymore pre flop as KJ isnt really a premium hand and can get you into trouble if someones holding AK AJ so to hit the flop 2 pair was perfect just unfortunate with the two hearts, I think you play this hand 10 times over you win 8 or 9 times i think this is somewhat of a bad beat and as they all say in the long run calling suited cards not even connetors isnt going to be profitable, some people just try and protect their big and small blinds too much and without day a better player would not have played this hand pre flop imo.
    Again my first post my opinion could be well off but hope it offers some comfort to this bad beat.
  • edited September 2012
    Perfect post.  Agree with others about pre tho.  UL
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: How should I play this?:
    First post on this forum so could be well out but thought id offer an opinion, first moving all in/making a big bet looks like the right thing to do as the flush draw is there and you want to really try and take the pot down now without seeing any more cards, understandable, calling with a 93s for me is very brave sure hes getting 2-1 pot odds for what is effectively about a 40% chance of him hitting his flush which makes mathematical sense but personally, id have probably have folded that hand as there are 3 higher suited hearts someone could have been holding and at £13 current bet would probably have cut my losses. In his defense the only thing he may of read from the all in bet was that he knew you were trying to get rid of him and he may have put you on a very marginal/small hand. Not sure if id have raised anymore pre flop as KJ isnt really a premium hand and can get you into trouble if someones holding AK AJ so to hit the flop 2 pair was perfect just unfortunate with the two hearts, I think you play this hand 10 times over you win 8 or 9 times i think this is somewhat of a bad beat and as they all say in the long run calling suited cards not even connetors isnt going to be profitable, some people just try and protect their big and small blinds too much and without day a better player would not have played this hand pre flop imo. Again my first post my opinion could be well off but hope it offers some comfort to this bad beat.
    Posted by conlonl07
    Always great to see new posters in the clinic and on the forum in general. You should get yourself over to the General Poker Chat section and introduce yourself on the thread (it should be obvious which thread I mean hopefully lol).

Good well thought-out response by the way.
  • edited September 2012
    Hand played fine in my opinion just unlucky i actually done mind the raise to £1.50 instead of £2 for a limper as i tend to find people are never limp folding anyway so no need to inflate the pot.
  • edited September 2012
    i would of made it £2 pre coz of 1 limp so instead of 3 x make it 4 x anyway to the hand i would just call this flop bet i wouldnt shove call and just hope a heart doesnt come or a blank low card no ace or 9 for the up n down str8 draw get there i would be very tempting to reraise tho think best line is call and hope for a blank turn 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    villain has flatted an overshove and the pot is all ready big, why not just get it in when we're likely to be ahead? What happens when a heart comes on the turn? What happens when it's a blank and villain then folds his fd and you lose value. What happens when his K gives up to a heart when you could've got all of his money on the flop? 
  • edited September 2012
    true the shove is the right move and your ahead alot of teh time just variance sucks sometimes i was just thinking the safer play call and u could get away from it but thats the nite side of me coming out 
  • edited September 2012
    Cheers fellas. Didn't wanna be too results orientated on this one. After hand I did think could I have flatted and seen a safe turn but I reckon I'm struggling to get all the chips in thereafter. Maybe not when you see villains pre-flop calling range.......   J 2 K       BUGATTI All-in   £13.59 £19.59 £0.00 jim_mcC Call   £13.59 £33.18 £70.69 SJspanky1 All-in   £71.30 £104.48 £0.00 Taffy14 Fold         jim_mcC Call   £57.71 £162.19 £12.98 BUGATTI Show K 8       jim_mcC Show 9 3       SJspanky1 Show J K       Turn     5       River     7       jim_mcC Win Flush to the King £160.39   £173.37
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Glad I read this correctly.  You played the hand fine, just unlucky that's all. Have to take another look but at a glance I think villian has Pot odds to call the shove as he puts you on AK, KJ, Set Js, Ks.
  • edited September 2012
    hasnt got the odds if its a set as he but hes not to known that and sjspanky never shoving with ak in this spot i wouldnt of thought minimum had to be 2 pair for him to shove alot of players would easily get away from this hand whos to say sj  coulda had higher flush draw then villain would be drawing very thin
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to How should I play this?:
    Never sat with either villain before so no notes and very early in sesh. My best move...? BUGATTI Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £14.84 jim_mcC Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £85.28 Taffy14 Big blind   £0.50 £1.25 £49.50   Your hole cards J K       SJspanky1 Raise   £1.50 £2.75 £71.30 SanqBeliq Fold         Taffy14 Call   £1.00 £3.75 £48.50 britrock Fold         BUGATTI Call   £1.25 £5.00 £13.59 jim_mcC Call   £1.00 £6.00 £84.28 Flop     J 2 K       BUGATTI All-in   £13.59 £19.59 £0.00 jim_mcC Call   £13.59 £33.18 £70.69 SJspanky1 ?
    Posted by SJspanky1
    In my humble opinion maybe a raise of £9 or so would be best as this way if he calls he is defo on the flush draw giving yourself room to get away should the heart hit, if the turn is not an heart then if you push he would find it so hard to call with only the river to come, because you pushed pre turn it gives jim two bites at the cherry so to speak and if he only has one chance i reckon he folds."just my humble opinion though" lol