You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should Ricky Hatton Retire?

edited November 2009 in The Shed

Ricky Hatton is considering a fight with Juan Manuel Marquez next summer. Since Ricky's last fight he's been seen boozing again & he's piled on the pounds & in my opinion when he's had to take on the very best he's been outclassed.

Comments

• edited November 2009
    yes,he's done.He should have quit after the mayweather fight imo.But he carried on an is now tarnishing his greaat record.I think if he fight marques,he will lose.
  • edited November 2009
    he should retire, will never be back upto what he was
  • edited November 2009
    defo!! i have watched every ricky hatton fight since he turned pro, he's done all he can an i agree should of retired after mayweather fight. Was exposed as being a very very good fighter but not a great one! too one dimensional and likes a tear up too much an at world class level you just can't do it that unless your in the world class bracket ;)
  • edited November 2009
    while i agree with all the above, i am not so sure it is quite as straightforward as simply saying he should quit. Yes, I would probably tip Marquez to beat him, and yes, that would diminish his record further.  But the question is...how important is that record to him?  Most fans want him not to fight because THEY want his record to remain a very good one.  But if that isnt so important to him, and he loves boxing, and wants to continue, i think he should.  He'll be a long time retired from the ring, so why not.

• edited November 2009
    He also has to consider the purse he is being offered.
    Worst scenario he loses and gets a big payout, he wins and gets a big payout and another top fight with another big payout
  • edited November 2009
    I heard today that Amir Khan wants to fight him, so i don't think we've seen the last of the hitman yet. Although IMO he should stay retired.
  • edited November 2009
    Yes, retire, nothing left to gain....good fighter....not quite good enough to beat the best

booze n fry-ups >>>>>>>>>> training