You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Happens all to often?!! How to you not stack off here

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Why is this muppet calling and then flopping it.. Why do sky reward dummies.
mrdavies Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £16.48
darkie6212 Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £23.61
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

tatohead Fold     
JMCP333 Call  £0.20 £0.50 £21.45
charlie117 Fold     
essex408 Call  £0.20 £0.70 £77.80
mrdavies Raise  £0.90 £1.60 £15.58
darkie6212 Fold     
JMCP333 Call  £0.80 £2.40 £20.65
essex408 Call  £0.80 £3.20 £77.00
Flop

mrdavies Bet  £2.00 £5.20 £13.58
JMCP333 Fold     
essex408 Raise  £4.00 £9.20 £73.00
mrdavies All-in  £13.58 £22.78 £0.00
essex408 Call  £11.58 £34.36 £61.42
mrdavies Show
  • Q
  • Q

essex408 Show

Turn

• J

River

essex408 Win Straight to the 8 £32.64  £94.06

Comments

• edited September 2012
    oppo played it fine ) unlucky sometimes you lose with overpairs - lolz

if oppo is limp/calling - what hand is oppo raising flop with )

just fold you Queens -

spend more time looking at your own play rarther than worrying about others tbh
  • edited September 2012
    I 3b bigger pre

I think it's probably close but with your stack I'm just getting it in. Villains range probably includes a lot of 2 overs+fd which we're ahead of, he seems fishy so might even go broke with 88,99, TPTK
  • edited September 2012
    Rancid you seem to comment a lot, state the obvious but yet not make a lot of sense?

What is oppo raising with?! bearing in mind im fairly short stacked compared to him... Pair 0f 7's,6's,8's.9's,10's, jacks, flush draw, gut shots, middle pair with flush draws, middle/bottom pair with flush draws,pair with straight draw... All of which im ahead of!?

Fold Queens here, not great advice lolz.

Agree with percival maybe make it more as he had been A Station and a loose player whole time
  • edited September 2012
    dnt beat yaself up about this 1 aslong as u played it fone its all good from what i see u have done nothing wrong if u was deeper stacked u could get away from this i am always wary of a click back min raise does smell of strngth never put him on a str8 maybe a set but as u are shallow stacked u have to get them in just unlucky pal 
  • edited September 2012

In Response to Re: Happens all to often?!! How to you not stack off here:
    Rancid you seem to comment a lot, state the obvious but yet not make a lot of sense? What is oppo raising with?! bearing in mind im fairly short stacked compared to him... Pair 0f 7's,6's,8's.9's,10's, jacks, flush draw, gut shots, middle pair with flush draws, middle/bottom pair with flush draws,pair with straight draw... All of which im ahead of!? Fold Queens here, not great advice lolz. Agree with percival maybe make it more as he had been A Station and a loose player whole time
    Posted by mrdavies

Sorry dude but I am not sure if it's a bad beat post or you actually want advice espcially when you call your oppo's dummies.

you seem to know the answer so……. Have fun versus the dummies )

Btw, just a observation but when oppo limp/call and you know they limp/call passive lines then why is oppo suddenly going aggro on you :s

Something’s are so obvious, even though you seem quite justified in getting it in with QQ – how do you feel with just flatting the raise ?

Not saying getting it with over pair is bad, but given the situation verus this kind of oppo who is passive and a station. Then from my experience stations just call down in these situations.

If you have this oppo tagged as just really bad will raise & stack off happily light as a feather then it’s very easy to ship it.

Have fun and don’t worry about what oppo is doing, just make notes and use them.

• edited September 2012
    pre flop- is fine maybe go to £1.20 due to the 2 limps and you will be oop after the flop.

flop- cbet is fine when he min raises it sucks but without reads its hard to fold if you were deeper i sometimes flat the raise see what they do on blank turns etc.

but overall I think your just ul due to your stack size prob never folding on the flop imo but i suck lol.
  • edited September 2012

pot raise after flop. if hes fishing the flush then hes flat calling.
    the reraise make me think hes got you on a pair and wants you to shove
    the shove does nothing if hes going for the flush or straight hes calling if hes got nothing youve not extracted any value.
    On that flop against a loose station (as you put it) then fold to the reraise.

Golden rule No#22b dont get married to a big pair. 

• edited September 2012
    You can't just fold an overpair here to a single m/r with no reads imo. Obv don't get married to your overpair but there's a time and a place to lay it down and I don't think it's here.. I think hero has enough equity vs villains range to get it in
  • edited September 2012
    You can't just fold an overpair here to a single m/r with no reads imo. Obv don't get married to your overpair but there's a time and a place to lay it down and I don't think it's here.. I think hero has enough equity vs villains range to get it in
    Posted by percival09
    Even against a loose player with 2 diamonds and the 6 and 7 on the flop?

• edited September 2012
    I don't think it's a horrendous lay down I just think hero has like 60% equity vs his range. Has hero given reads saying he's loose? He might get it in with much worse and he probs would considering he looks like a fish limping in
  • edited September 2012
    cmon cmon easy to say laydown the hand when u see hes beat but would u really fold qq on this flop hardly ever with mr davies stack if the cards were masked im sure u would say get em in badboy as u see hes beat u say u could fold  tbh i hate the min raise as it does look strong but now way am i folding this 
  • edited September 2012
    cmon cmon easy to say laydown the hand when u see hes beat but would u really fold qq on this flop hardly ever with mr davies stack if the cards were masked im sure u would say get em in badboy as u see hes beat u say u could fold  tbh i hate the min raise as it does look strong but now way am i folding this 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Thats eactly what i was thinking :p
  • edited September 2012
    next time you post mr davies don`t post results you will get better opinions and advice m8 forgot 2 say that in my other post
  • edited September 2012
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    sorry Donk but given all the info given by mr Davies about the opponents looseness and therefore willingness to chase the straisht or flush not even to mention the possibility of him already holding trips after the flop and taking stack sizes into account.im not blowing my whole stack on top pair.
    But thats perhaps why im not one off the many on here who shove everytime they think there infront get a bad beat and then whinge about internet poker being rigged. 
  • edited September 2012
    I definitely agree with you Badboy and Rancid. I think too often people stack off with an OP when a usually passive check/caller suddenly starts raising and then just chalk it down as a cooler when it could have been avoided... I more than most have been guilty of doing this in the past.

Obviously it helps when we have reads but more often than not, these loose passive players will just check and call if they have 1pr type hands. When they start clicking it back, it's dangerous, especially when you're short. I don't think anyone (especially a loose/passive) would click it back on the flop with flush draws and straight draws when you're so short and is giving you odds to call with virtually anything. This is a bet that wants a call, and generally against a player whose short (like you were) it's usually because they know if they can get you to put little bits and bobs more into the pot, you'll find yourself committed and have to stack off.
  • edited September 2012
    Where did op give any info on villain?

If someone limpcalls then raise that flop its not an auto jam with QQ. I'd prob flat flop and re eval, sometimes I jam, sometimes I fold, it's pretty villain dependent