You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£3.30 £50 gtd only players massive overlay thoughts please on this

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Ok normally when i play rebuy mtts i only do my original buy in and 1 rebuy that is my limit or if im doing well my original buy in plus a add on so would cost me £6.60  as the overlay was great 

ok my question is this guy on the table was very tight but hitting everything was a card rack just knocking people out none of the guys who he knocked out had a rebu so here i am with 2k starting chips against a guy who has 8 k in chips i played him heads up for about 15 mins never raised on my big blind so was a very tight player blinds were 100/200 he knocked me out as i tryed a move on a 8 j 2  8 8 board i had 9 10 and check raised all in on the flop after hes c-bet and he called with a 2  

so my question now is do i do a rebuy for £3.30 and get 2k chips and another rebuy for 2k chips plus a add on as it was near the break so would cost me in total £13.20 and i get 7k in chips vs the villain who has now 12k and might do a add on so would have 15k in chips   i feel i had a edge against this guy so is the value there to do 2 rebuys and a add on for a £50 heads up game which costs me £13.20 in total but could be 7k in chips behind with blinds at 125/250  thoughts please i hope i have made sense 

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Don't play rebuys unless you are willing to rebuy. Also keep an eye on the overlays what looks great at start may not be so good if players rebuy a lot

How did he cbet if he never raised pre?

I'd prob rebuy in this situation
  • edited September 2012
    always overlay gran torino if only 5 players xtra £30 overlay  and yeah c -bet is when ya raise pre ya right but he bet after he limpd and i jammed and got snapped of with bottom pair sigh
  • edited September 2012
    I think the point he's making is, sometimes you'll get 6 people join so £18, then you might get 5 rebuys so £15, then 3 add ons so £9, so a total of £42 so not always as much overlay as ya think. And 5 rebuys can be quite low for some of the maniacs I've seen play them.

Always depends on how it goes though, sometimes they'll be virtually over before you even get to add-ons.
  • edited September 2012
    well yeah but as i have explained no 1 done rebuys 3 people got knocked out before level 5 binds were only 75/150 5 players at £3.30 and was 50 gtd so massive overlay so was tempted to do 2 rebuys for the odds that im getting altho i would still be 6 k behind for £9.90 to win win think the value could be there 
  • edited September 2012
    Looks like excellent value! You're going to spend £13 for a HU chance to win £50 and have 28bbs vs 48/60bbs.  You have a stack that is easily good enough to work with vs a player whom you say you felt you had an edge and in just 1 pot you could become chip leader. 

It's a no-brainer really mate!

£13 to win £50 Heads up odds of 3.84 :)