You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl AQs in 3b pot, brick flop turn nfd, now what?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

Both villains are good tags.

Not really sure how either play in 3b pots, does that mean I shudnt 3bet? (probably)

I'm giving up on brick turns, but I turn some equity.

What's the best play with stacks?

Can't b/f, shouldn't c/c, so I spose it's c/f or b/c??????
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
ricoramb03 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £61.94
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £60.35
 Your hole cards
  • A
  • Q

VINEY73 Fold     
basty2010 Fold     
KKrippler Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £34.74
argo Fold     
ricoramb03 Call  £0.75 £2.10 £61.19
DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.00 £5.10 £57.35
KKrippler Call  £2.40 £7.50 £32.34
ricoramb03 Call  £2.40 £9.90 £58.79
Flop

ricoramb03 Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £6.30 £16.20 £51.05
KKrippler Call  £6.30 £22.50 £26.04
ricoramb03 Fold     
Turn

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited September 2012
    raise a tad bigger pre awfull flop to c bet against 1 yeah but against 2 im never c -betting once u get called have to give up looks like a 10  or jacks to me what i know im just a donk 
  • edited September 2012
    Why is it an awful flop to cbet idcu? 
  • edited September 2012
    I think its a tough spot especially with opponent being quite a tight player calling your 3bet then calling you on a dry flop Im thinkin his range could be /qq/jj/1010/99/44/33/ or poss floating with ak one street what do you think his range is?

also I agree you can`t b/f or c/c

againist most players at this level I will bet say £13-£16 and call but I know kkrippler is a good player and could easily be trapping you here and don`t think he folds jj/qq on turn and defo not foldin set (obv) only thing he folds is ak/99/bluffs.

I may be well off here but just my thoughts.
  • edited September 2012
    I'd agree with the above range. 33/44/1010/JJ/99/88 sometimes 10Js/10Qs. doubt he's floating AK in 3way pot here. 
  • edited September 2012
    Overbet shove against most players for me ... 

I think this folds out most 10's and as your 3bet was pretty small he prob is quite wide. 

• edited September 2012
    against 2 it is what kind of ranges are they calling your 4 bet with 88 99 10 10 jj yeah some a x hands and k x hands but against 2 players its harder to get a c-bet thru and on this flop your obv repping aa kk or qq id rather c bet against 1 not 2 people just an opinion 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 30nl AQs in 3b pot, brick flop turn nfd, now what?:
    I'd agree with the above range. 33/44/1010/JJ/99/88 sometimes 10Js/10Qs. doubt he's floating AK in 3way pot here. 
    Posted by percival09
    Realistically i think 10 8s through A10s are in range too. prob A10os / K10 os too
  • edited September 2012
    Overbet shove against most players for me ...  I think this folds out most 10's and as your 3bet was pretty small he prob is quite wide. 
    Posted by pr1nnyraid
    Would this not narrow hero's range down quite significantly? Esp with dohhhs image. I much prefer standard b/c
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah true. I did say that to dohh I just didnt include that in that range for some reason.. A10s K10s Q10s J10s I doubt 108 .. and I doubt A10o etc too
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 30nl AQs in 3b pot, brick flop turn nfd, now what? : Would this not narrow hero's range down quite significantly? Esp with dohhhs image. I much prefer standard b/c
    Posted by percival09
    Does hero not want a narrow range here with no more action? The overbet shove should polarise hero's perceived range to complete air and overpairs id say is fair. Therefore should get alot of folds out of V.

Overbet gives more FE than b/c imo

• edited September 2012
    yeah ofc hero wants a narrow range here but I think hero is b/c with overpairs. I think it narrows down to something like what he has. i suppose it doesnt really matter which.. I suppose a shove sometimes pushes villain off a 10 when he's planning on calling down
  • edited September 2012
    oppo probbaly call turn bet or folds - very much doutb oppo raises versus you

think you have to bet, but then your going to be in the river spot again when you miss & triple barreling for your life
    But if oppo calls turn he calling river 100%

maybe shove turn is good but may just check turn as an alternative line

• edited September 2012
    Define a good Nl30 tag.

Explain how you know their good if you 

a) cant accurately explain what a good tag is
    b) don't know how they play down the streets?
    c) have no reads?

Why did you choose to just click the button sky gave you on the flop?

why is that size better than other sizes? how does it affect differeing psrs if one or two call?

what is our opponents calling range to a 3b sq cbet and roughly pot sized jam on the turn?

what is our equity vs that calling range? answer those questions and you've answered your own question.
  • edited September 2012
    Define a good Nl30 tag. Explain how you know their good if you  a) cant accurately explain what a good tag is b) don't know how they play down the streets? c) have no reads? Why did you choose to just click the button sky gave you on the flop? why is that size better than other sizes? how does it affect differeing psrs if one or two call? what is our opponents calling range to a 3b sq cbet and roughly pot sized jam on the turn? what is our equity vs that calling range? answer those questions and you've answered your own question.
    Posted by beaneh
    I love Beaneh... Wish I was as good as you.

• edited September 2012
    answer all what beaneh said in a 12 second time bar then god luck 2 ya :) 
  • edited September 2012
    Prob shove turn

I would c/f flop a good % of the time

Beanehs qs ftw
  • edited September 2012
    Define a good Nl30 tag. Explain how you know their good if you  a) cant accurately explain what a good tag is b) don't know how they play down the streets? c) have no reads? Why did you choose to just click the button sky gave you on the flop? why is that size better than other sizes? how does it affect differeing psrs if one or two call? what is our opponents calling range to a 3b sq cbet and roughly pot sized jam on the turn? what is our equity vs that calling range? answer those questions and you've answered your own question.
    Posted by beaneh

Get to the point Mr Bean )
  • edited September 2012
    cbet  1/3rd pot bet turn small go all in when we get there.
  • edited September 2012
    He probably had 5,6
  • edited September 2012
    Posted by beaneh
    I describe him as a good tag because he has the best hand alot at showdown, has big stacks, wins alot, is difficult to play against compared to most other opponents at nl30. 

I clicked the 3/4 button on the flop then knocked a few blinds off, until I found a number I thought looked about right. I agree it's too big though, I keep cbetting too big I should be able to fix that easy enough.

I think from the rest of your questions that this is probably an easy c/f on the turn. 

I bet huge again on the turn, 16 and saw the inevitable top set. Thought it could be jacks too, they're the 2 most likely hands.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    ricoramb03 Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £61.94
    DOHHHHHHH Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £60.35
     Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

VINEY73 Fold     
    basty2010 Fold     
    KKrippler Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £34.74
    argo Fold     
    ricoramb03 Call  £0.75 £2.10 £61.19
    DOHHHHHHH Raise  £3.00 £5.10 £57.35