You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Insane level of abuse after this play.

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Any comments on this hand. I was still wondering what he had when the abuse went off the scale. I've been on 6am - 2pm all week hence the delay. Higgy88Small blind £0.25£0.25£109.16LudacrisBig blind £0.50£0.75£70.84 Your hole cardsKA   beamer1968Fold    MIKE1_Raise £3.00£3.75£55.58ricoramb03Fold    shrimpsterCall £3.00£6.75£91.01badcawlFold    MRGARYFold    Higgy88Fold    LudacrisFold    Flop  1042   MIKE1_Bet £3.00£9.75£52.58shrimpsterRaise £8.00£17.75£83.01MIKE1_Call £5.00£22.75£47.58Turn  A   MIKE1_Bet £10.50£33.25£37.08shrimpsterRaise £31.00£64.25£52.01MIKE1_All-in £37.08£101.33£0.00shrimpsterFold    MIKE1_Muck    MIKE1_Win £82.95 £82.95MIKE1_Return £16.58£1.80£99.5

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Reads?  If readless

Less pre

More on flop, fold to the raise

C/c turn

• edited September 2012
    if he had a hand would only cost £6 to go ?...obv had nowt hence all the abuse....
  • edited September 2012
    he folded for £6 and gave you abuse wow and how can some1 give abuse when he has no idea what you have? just a guy having a bad day wouldnt pay much attention to it but id be getting into alot of hands with the villian
  • edited September 2012
    from what i see u havent done much wrong maybe open less £2 instead of £3   id bet the flop abit more 
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Insane level of abuse after this play.:
    from what i see u havent done much wrong maybe open less £2 instead of £3   id bet the flop abit more 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
     I was certain i'd get called, hence the bigger bet pre.

The fold for £6 really got me.
  • edited September 2012
    raise smaller pre
    bet bigger on the flop - fold to raise readless
    check/call the turn

• edited September 2012
    Hi Mike

I don't play cash myself but he's obviously bluffing as with £6 to call and pot odds of over 16 to 1....he should call with a flush draw even middle pr imo but what do i kno?. Its the abuse i object to. I wonder if he carried on or just ran off into his cave to boo hoo, as it were.
    If its abusive and foul-mouthed, please report him to customer services. Its a man's game. He should take his beats with good grace or say nothing.
    Mind a nicely worded "TAXI!" left in chat will ensure he automatically tilts and can be exploited the next time you meet. His antics will cost him doubly so!!
    Be lucky!
  • ybyb
    edited September 2012
    when you call the flop leading the turn is really bad imo, when he raises you you're nearly always crushed.
  • edited September 2012
    when you call the flop leading the turn is really bad imo, when he raises you you're nearly always crushed.
    Posted by yb
    When I hit the A I was always betting, but i take your point. I'd been playing for a few hours and was a little tired, it was about 1145pm. It was mainly the re-raise fold that completely stumped me. Anyway I had work at 5am so I left after a few more hands.
  • edited September 2012
    and your annoyed by this?

he gave ya like 100bbs without a showdown...seems like a very ncie chap to me
  • edited September 2012
    Hi Mike I don't play cash myself but he's obviously bluffing as with £6 to call and pot odds of over 16 to 1....he should call with a flush draw even middle pr imo but what do i kno?. Its the abuse i object to. I wonder if he carried on or just ran off into his cave to boo hoo, as it were. If its abusive and foul-mouthed, please report him to customer services. Its a man's game. He should take his beats with good grace or say nothing. Mind a nicely worded "TAXI!" left in chat will ensure he automatically tilts and can be exploited the next time you meet. His antics will cost him doubly so!! Be lucky!
    Posted by profman15

Says who?  Get with the 21st century grandad!
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Insane level of abuse after this play. : Says who?  Get with the 21st century grandad!
    Posted by RogueCell
    My Apologies Rogue if it is the MAN referral with many women playing as well.
    I was not intending to be disparaging to the ladies who play just to the attitude displayed. 
    Obv i was 'speaking' metaphorically and you were 'speaking' with an amusing  tongue -in-cheek wit in a sarcastic manner.( Bring on emoiticons so we can tell whether someone is cheesed off, angry, happy, joking etc............)
    As in "man's game", i was stating, by using a well-known saying, that you will get good and bad breaks in equal weighting and to stop throwing your dummy out of the pram, as it were, and take it on the chin.
    Please don't write back saying that i'm now picking on babies in prams now as Sky could be taken to court for allowing under 18's on the site!!!
    You do realise that your response to me using the MAN'S GAME term is counteracted by your use of 'GRANDAD' being a term of use for 'old-fashioned, living in the past men'. That's upsetting to grandads, Rogue, isn't it???? Mmmmmmm!
    PS I'm very pleased to say that i'm not a grandad yet as i'd like my daughter to experience more in life before hopefully settling down happily, having children and playing on Sky poker just like the many women who play now and take bad beats on the chin!! When that time comes and she chooses to have children, i will embrace the grandad 'thing' fully.
    PPS My virtual emoticon is saying "i was unsure whether your post was in jest or not so i decided to reply in the same vein."
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Insane level of abuse after this play. : My Apologies Rogue if it is the MAN referral with many women playing as well. I was not intending to be disparaging to the ladies who play just to the attitude displayed.  Obv i was 'speaking' metaphorically and you were 'speaking' with an amusing  tongue -in-cheek wit in a sarcastic manner.( Bring on emoiticons so we can tell whether someone is cheesed off, angry, happy, joking etc............) As in "man's game", i was stating, by using a well-known saying, that you will get good and bad breaks in equal weighting and to stop throwing your dummy out of the pram, as it were, and take it on the chin. Please don't write back saying that i'm now picking on babies in prams now as Sky could be taken to court for allowing under 18's on the site!!! You do realise that your response to me using the MAN'S GAME term is counteracted by your use of 'GRANDAD' being a term of use for 'old-fashioned, living in the past men'. That's upsetting to grandads, Rogue, isn't it???? Mmmmmmm! PS I'm very pleased to say that i'm not a grandad yet as i'd like my daughter to experience more in life before hopefully settling down happily, having children and playing on Sky poker just like the many women who play now and take bad beats on the chin!! When that time comes and she chooses to have children, i will embrace the grandad 'thing' fully. PPS My virtual emoticon is saying "i was unsure whether your post was in jest or not so i decided to reply in the same vein."
    Posted by profman15
    If the (flat) cap fits....;)
  • edited September 2012
    and your annoyed by this? he gave ya like 100bbs without a showdown...seems like a very ncie chap to me
    Posted by bolly580
    No i'm not annoyed, completely agree with you. I'm more intrigued, i could guess all day, but i think he may a have folded a big PP.
  • edited September 2012
    raise size pre is really bad £1.50 it should be should be folding the reraise on the flop and im never leading the turn once youve called