You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT final table, itm, do I need to take this spot?

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic

£3 daytime MTT on sky, really soft. £50ish ftw, bout £12 gtd

Jackharry is away, and has been for sometime. B4 he sat out he was jamming every single hand anyway.

I've no reads on the other 2 players but small ball stuff seems to work the best in these kinda MTTs, opening tonnes of pots and cbetting, generally giving up if called and not doing multi street bluffs....

Very easy to get action with hands too.

Hate getting click raised on this flop, and when he follows up on this turn I really wanted to sigh fold and get chipping away to rebuild my stack.....

Is it too tight? I think flop I have to call and hope he slows down, on the turn I can prob get away?

I left river out by accident, obv I donk jammed.

25xbb is quite deep for a sky comp v weaker opposition, quite annoyed at myself for going broke here and noted the hand to post up.

Prob standard, any thoughts?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
jackharry Small blind  200.00 200.00 7527.50
vicuk Big blind  400.00 600.00 31202.50
 Your hole cards
  • K

DOHHHHHHH Raise  800.00 1400.00 10587.50
flamingo Call  800.00 2200.00 20482.50
jackharry Fold     
vicuk Fold     
Flop

DOHHHHHHH Bet  1200.00 3400.00 9387.50
flamingo Raise  2400.00 5800.00 18082.50
DOHHHHHHH Call  1200.00 7000.00 8187.50
Turn

• Q

DOHHHHHHH Check     
flamingo Bet  3500.00 10500.00 14582.50
DOHHHHHHH Call  3500.00 14000.00 4687.50
River

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Prob fold flop. If I think I'm good I would just jam over the raise

• edited September 2012
    Yeah, I agree with Grantorino. With the SPR on the flop, when you're raised I think you should be shoving or folding. Generally shoving, I suppose, although that min-raise is a bit worrying. Still, 4-handed at the final table, I get it in. I'm guessing he had AcTx, since you apparently lost the hand.

The turn's a bit of a funny card but you wouldn't catch me calling here in a million years. You can't be putting 3.5k out of 8.2k into a pot of 10.5k unless you're getting it in on absolutely any river. I'd be happier putting it in on second-pair and a draw now, than I would be putting it in with just second or even third pair on the river...

3-bet shove or fold on the flop. At this point of the tournament, with these stacks, I don't think I'd believe he'd been set-mining with 44, 77 or TT. He can't have two-pair so there's only really one-hand I'm afraid of...

I guess he might have flatted your pre-flop raise with JJ, QQ, KK or AA but that's not something I'd be usually considering unless I had seen him do that before. Makes some sense for the flop min-raise though and the rest of the hand...
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: MTT final table, itm, do I need to take this spot?:
    Yeah, I agree with Grantorino. With the SPR on the flop, when you're raised I think you should be shoving or folding. Generally shoving, I suppose, although that min-raise is a bit worrying. Still, 4-handed at the final table, I get it in. I'm guessing he had AcTx, since you apparently lost the hand. The turn's a bit of a funny card but you wouldn't catch me calling here in a million years. You can't be putting 3.5k out of 8.2k into a pot of 10.5k unless you're getting it in on absolutely any river. I'd be happier putting it in on second-pair and a draw now, than I would be putting it in with just second or even third pair on the river... 3-bet shove or fold on the flop. At this point of the tournament, with these stacks, I don't think I'd believe he'd been set-mining with 44, 77 or TT. He can't have two-pair so there's only really one-hand I'm afraid of... I guess he might have flatted your pre-flop raise with JJ, QQ, KK or AA but that's not something I'd be usually considering unless I had seen him do that before. Makes some sense for the flop min-raise though and the rest of the hand...
    Posted by BorinLoner
    I wouldn't rule out sets, although TT prob unlikely. QQ+ definitely possible.
  • edited September 2012
    depends on reads ) readless just fold with the edge you have

you want to see a call on flop don't you
    don't mind the flat on flop but you hoping oppo slows down and probably takes free river card with draw + worse 10's