You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This bugged me.

How many mistakes have I made here?I've openly said my tourney play sucks badly atm,but would like to get a foothold in 1 cos I like the way bhs play out.Thinkin the kq shouldve been mucked but I'm a sucker for those face cards lol.All advice,ridiculin me or not will be gratefully accepted.
Cheers
09/2012)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancestarvo79Small blind 20.0020.003192.50GGDBig blind 40.0060.002270.00 Your hole cardsQK   percys13Raise 200.00260.002077.50jonson2323Fold    delfunkdjFold    bignoise10Call 200.00460.001485.00starvo79Fold    GGDFold    Flop  K10Q   percys13Bet 230.00690.001847.50bignoise10All-in 1485.002175.000.00percys13Call 1255.003430.00592.50percys13ShowAA   bignoise10ShowQK   Turn  10   River  8   percys13WinTwo Pairs, Aces a

Comments

• edited September 2012
    maybe fold pre thats about it tho m8 
  • edited September 2012
    Fold pre opponant has 5xd it other than that on the flop is fine you have to get it allin
  • edited September 2012
    Fold pre to 5x readless

Postflop fine
  • edited September 2012
    Its early...i don't see anything wrong with calling here as you are on the button and in pos. A lot o players 5x raise w/ TT and mid pp(yes or limp/min raise to set mine) so that only prime hds call etc then a low flop will have them ahead as low cards will not call. If two diamond come on the flop ...great or like this a lovely flop. He's the one behind post flop. Three spades ...you bet big to put him  to a difficult decision even with his bullets!!! Note he hasn't a spade even so its him who has  fallen in love with aces and disregarded the texture of the flop completely. His equity post flop is less than 40% and i'd be thinking that you had at least one spade probably two to AI so why call?
     I wouldn't call your All in. Just ask yourself were you happy to have AI'd if you'd known he had AA. I would be myself. Its early and that double up would put you in a great position.
    You did nothing wrong in my opinion. He was very lucky.
    Its only an opinion but it cost you 200 chips to test the waters and you were in position. UL fella.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: This bugged me.:
    Its early...i don't see anything wrong with calling here as you are on the button and in pos. A lot o players 5x raise w/ TT and mid pp(yes or limp/min raise to set mine) so that only prime hds call etc then a low flop will have them ahead as low cards will not call. If two diamond come on the flop ...great or like this a lovely flop. He's the one behind post flop. Three spades ...you bet big to put him  to a difficult decision even with his bullets!!! Note he hasn't a spade even so its him who has  fallen in love with aces and disregarded the texture of the flop completely. His equity post flop is less than 40% and i'd be thinking that you had at least one spade probably two to AI so why call?  I wouldn't call your All in. Just ask yourself were you happy to have AI'd if you'd known he had AA. I would be myself. Its early and that double up would put you in a great position. You did nothing wrong in my opinion. He was very lucky. Its only an opinion but it cost you 200 chips to test the waters and you were in position. UL fella.
    Posted by profman15
    Not dissappointed with the result m8.He had a monster pre so thats cool.Was happy to see I was ahead when it went in,but c'est la vie brother.Just curious as to how I played it.
    Cheers 
    Paul