You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

There's only one Andy Murray!!

edited September 2012 in The Football Corner
I know it's not football but what a display of sporting brilliance and bottle!!

Not so enthusiastic about tonight - Naismith on the bench??  Is he injured or simply too much of an attacking player to play v Macdeonia at home?

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I had a tear in my eye when Andy won, its been a long time coming, he's deserved it so much and all the doubters are now nowhere to be seen - hope its the first of many, he's talented enough for sure, it was only the mental capacity that was lacking a bit and now thats there he'll be in the mix in three out of the four majors every year I expect (the best he can realistically get to at the French is the semi's at the most as its not his surface). 

As for Scotland, Levein needs to start getting a win in the next two games or he should be out. He's had long enough with the team now to start progression but he's too damn cautious! He should start Rhodes ahead of Miller now every time with the latter coming on as a potential impact sub. 
  • edited September 2012
    Just seen this

Rhodes over Miller is a no brainer. I mean he wont play IMO our best eft back because of the division he plays in which i kind of agree with in a round about way. Although Miller is past it and IMO the MLS doesnt get you ready for international games in Europe. 

Maybe im being harsh but Paul Dixson isnt international quality, and Danny Fox wasnt good enough for Celtic because of Charlie Mulgrew. I mean seriously c'mon even from a Rangers fans point of view, Mulgrew should be a starter at left back or central defence. 

The midfield is strong but we dont use it properly. Push Naismith into a more attacking role. Drop Caldwell back in with Berra. So instead of a 4-1-4-1 I'll suggest a 4-4-1-1. Naismith in that role is deadly, and Rhodes is just a goalscorer. 

I think Templeton was also knocking on the door of a call up before his move aswell, but he would need to be in an attacking system. 

Now at the risk of sounding stupid. I dont get why we play defencive. Levien needs to sort his differances out with Steven Fletcher too, if he does that our best players are probably in the Attack and Midfeild. Even our best defensive players are attack minded. If we play attacking football well do better.