You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Lucky Mistake

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Whilst playing last night hit raise instead of all in as was distracted, looked back to see oppo on small blind now all in so i then went all in as they my intentions anyway, he not like that i won and told me should not be playing in them tnmts as not good enough mmmmmm
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Clackett Small blind   600.00 600.00 13945.00
daveshep Big blind   1200.00 1800.00 18480.63
  Your hole cards
  • K

splend Fold        
vegasman Fold        
RedRicky Raise   2400.00 4200.00 11763.25
Clackett All-in   13945.00 18145.00 0.00
daveshep Fold        
RedRicky All-in   11763.25 29908.25 0.00
Clackett Unmatched bet   381.75 29526.50 381.75
Clackett Show
  • J
  • A

RedRicky Show
  • K

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

• K

RedRicky Win Pair of Kings 29526.50   29526.50

Comments

• edited September 2012
    I shove pre. B/c w/ 10Ks sucks. 
  • edited September 2012
    I did mean shove pre/ first half decent cards for while, so thought take a chance, if roles reversed i wud have offered gl to him not berated him like i got, i even apologised and explained what happened
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: Lucky Mistake:
    I did mean shove pre/ first half decent cards for while, so thought take a chance, if roles reversed i wud have offered gl to him not berated him like i got, i even apologised and explained what happened
    Posted by RedRicky
    don't believe you red lol:))))))))))))))))))))

• edited September 2012
    Hi Red

Piece of advice first Rich....eliminate the name of the player hd is involved with in subsequent posts...just good manners m8. (Just use backspace key)

Hope you don't mind Rich but people should know that Rich is a complete newbie and is just starting to learn the game more. I couldn't even post a hand when i started 15 months ago. Yes, you had a m value of 5(add blinds and divide into your stack) so shove was what you should have done as too much to lose if you don't call. You want to put opponent to a difficult decision. He can see a flop for much less then decide from there. Your stack size should always be considered. Certain sizes indicate certain plays.

You did something non standard without realising it. Opponent was not chuffed with your call but was chuffed when he saw your hand as he is 60:40 favourite. Cards come badly for him and you and he have swapped places....
    He has played his cards well by trying to bully you off the pot with a good hand but you have sucked out....it happens!

He showed frustration but you needn't apologise fella. You pay your money, you take your chance........he knows this too. You can put money on it that he's made poor plays and sucked out too.
    Always try to play with good grace in the chat box.....some don't and i suspect they act similarly in the real world, not that i'm saying this guy does.
      Poker is a game to enjoy becoming better at. He made the better play...you got paid. That's life at times. Cya at the tables soon fella.