You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Line check, turn and river play

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Why are you 3betting K7o

Bet turn imo

Shove the river

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Wanted to check what you guys think about how this hand played out. It’s a live torni blinds are 50/100 with 7 people playing (one just got knocked out and one is sitting out). Played about 30-40 hands on this table so don’t have too much info on the players. Player1 has 18k and seems to be opening a few pots and showed down j5o after open 3x from UTG. Player2 had 16k seems tight. I have 16k and have been playing tight aggressive, made a few 3bets that didn’t go to showdown.

Player 1 opens for 300 from middle position, I from the btn raise to 750 with K7o, Player2 on SB calls and BB folds. Flop comes KQ7 2 hearths. Checks around to me and I cbet 1400, both players call, turns a non suited J. Both players check again, I fearing a bigger 2pair/str8 check for some pot control planning to call the river or value bet it if a safe card comes(should i have betted out here??). Rivers a 7 of hearths.  Player2 leads out for 3000, player1 folds. I have 13-14k What do you do here? Easy value raise? Or just a call

• edited September 2012
    Exactly as GT says...

Why 3bet a junk hand pre on an 8handed table?

Bet the turn.

Shove the river... never ever just flat call, if you're beat here it's just tough luck, but you can't just flat when you're this strong.
  • edited September 2012
    Yeah easy shove on the river never ever flat call you have the effective nuts!

As for your 3bet pre I don't think it's bad at all from the button given your reads.
  • edited September 2012
    It was 7 handed and i dont think ive 3 bet from the btn yet so taught it was a good spot to steal, also i felt like i could play vs him postflop if it went there.

On turn i think maybe i shoulda bet it but with 2 people calling the cbet it felt a bit spewy

I did shove the river, player 2 turn over queens full. Did not put him on that strong of a hand. Guess just a bad beat
  • edited September 2012
    I haven't read the op yet as I hate walls of text but there's nothing wrong with 3betting light at an 8 handed table
  • edited September 2012
    PLUS IT'S 09.39AM AND I'M NEVER AWAKE AT 09.39AM FML
  • edited September 2012

There is nothing wrong with 3 betting the button light at all. I would have made it slightly more but i dont think there was much wrong with your play.
    Never a flat call on river.
    I dont think you can put him in on  QQ/JJ  the way he played the hand but i just read he did :) so who knows lol. 

• edited September 2012
    First of all I didn't say 3betting pre is bad here

"3 betting light from the btn is not bad". Nice general statement there

Does it apply to all situations. If not why is this one good

Does it apply to any two cards

Does 3betting light mean vbetting thinner or bluffing

Why is it actually good to 3b here (as opposed to "not bad")

Personally I'm finding it tough to think of a hand I would less like to 3bet here
  • edited September 2012
    if any of that was directed at me I was replying more to ' Why 3bet a junk hand pre on an 8handed table?' posted by Lamb180. 
  • edited September 2012
    Well a few people said what I posted in bold (all posters who seem to know what they are talking about).  The statement seems vague to me, just trying to tease it out a bit, wasnt meant as an insult to anyone