You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

shove shove shove bingo

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
so ok got hu in a 50 gtd tourny all the guy did was shove,more or less e,hand, whats the best thing to do ? wait for paint and play back,just play back anyways/....

Comments

• edited September 2012
    any ace or king or even queen call :)
  • edited September 2012
    Depends how deep the stacks are. That's the main thing, really. If you're both deep it's really easy to exploit this, if you're shallow then he's probably exploiting you... more information please. :)
  • edited September 2012
    chips roughy evs,  started blinds 400-800 , my btn he folded mostly, his btn 3out of 5 shove 2 fold. stacks 4k ish....
  • edited September 2012
    I hope you mean you had 40k each. Otherwise this was an extremely short-stacked tournament.

If you did mean 4k, so 5BB each, then there's no way you can fold any hand either on the button or in the big blind. It should go in automatically because folding any hand gifts your opponent a huge advantage.

If it's 40k, so 50BB each, then you can afford to wait for a decent hand to call it off with. I'd still min-raise from the button to see what he does, but if he's shoving literally every hand regardless of what you do, then it's best to wait for a pair; probably 77 or better or two big cards; maybe KJ or better. With 50BB you're going to get something like that before he blinds you down below 40BB...

If he's folding to your button raises and only shoving 60% of his buttons, then be happy. Just stick to making your min-raises and taking down those small pots. I'd have to think that my hand was way ahead of his range to call off my stack. Be patient and you can get it in really good, while in the meantime you're risking small amounts to win small pots and he's risking big amounts to win small pots.
  • edited September 2012
    He should be shoving at least 60% here

You should be open shoving your btn really wide. Call definitely with Kx+, prob wider, sng kids will give u a better answer