You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What would you do...call or fold?

Hi guys
This came from the FT of Woogies feepstack league. 5 left...4 with similar stacks....one double that.
There had been a mixture of ai's and min raises playing pots. Mr *** had not ai'd at all and up until now had seen flops.
When the flop came i expected check  or min raise and was a bit taken aback by the all-in. What would you do? What was the correct thing to do. I folded partly because of the low kicker if he has Ax though T and R probably would have saved me and fact that four of us were level and i could regroup with little damage...may have been a poor decision

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancereidza25Small blind 800.00800.0030136.50***
Big blind 1600.002400.0026333.76 Your hole cardsA2   hellraser2Fold    profman15Raise 3200.005600.0038190.00Woogie8688Fold    reidza25Fold    ***
Call 1600.007200.0024733.76Flop  9A9   ***
All-in 24733.7631933.760.00profman15Fold    ***
Muck    ***
Win 7200.00 7200.00***
Return 24733.760.0031933.76

Comments

• edited September 2012
  • edited September 2012
    I also call. Can't see him ever doing this with a 9 or even a half decent Ax

I'd say worst case scenaro is you're up against a slightly better Ax hand but with the 99 on the flop, you're so likely to split anyway if he has A2-A7, and I think it's much more likely he has a PP that isnt' 99 or AA
  • edited September 2012
    Fold and forget it
  • edited September 2012
    meh i fold. too many random ax hands that I think awful players do this with. and ofc we're behind to each one and hoping for a chop which I admit could be likely, but not worth risking it imo
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: What would you do...call or fold?:
    I also call. Can't see him ever doing this with a 9 or even a half decent Ax I'd say worst case scenaro is you're up against a slightly better Ax hand but with the 99 on the flop, you're so likely to split anyway if he has A2-A7, and I think it's much more likely he has a PP that isnt' 99 or AA
    Posted by Lambert180
    what about A8? lol
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: What would you do...call or fold?:
    In Response to Re: What would you do...call or fold? : what about A8? lol
    Posted by percival09

Well yeah lol... although obv, the higher his kicker, the less chance of us splitting.

Don't think it's ever a big ace or s 9, so I think the number of times we're behind to Ax and split, combined with the number of times we're ahead to all his PPs, it surely has to be +EV ... no?
  • edited September 2012
    Ta for the opinions, guys. I had a feeling i may be lambasted with "SHOVE>>>BITE HIS HAND OFF!" ETC but good to see there's a difference in opinions. Didn't like to say this but afterwards he put in chat "soz, i misclicked!"

As i came 3rd and he 2nd eventually it may have cost me but he did say he'd pm me to tell me what he had later. We'll see. We had a nice game with plenty of friendly banter and he seemed a nice guy. It was a good way to spend a few hours and get a bit more experience of deep stack play which is a purer form to my mind. Especially after plaing an 1130 BH the ther night when there were 8 AI's in level 1!!!(true!). It didn't slow down in level 2 either.
  • edited September 2012
    Hi guys

Makes no difference but guy got in touch to say he had AQ.