You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

4NL - TPGK 3way

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
Thoughts on my line here please. Feeling like stack sizes say I can't get off the hand once I've bet the flop, but is shovign the turn the best play?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Lambert180 Small blind
£0.02 £0.02 £14.24
4KING_NUTS Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £2.36
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

jockyboy Call   £0.04 £0.10 £3.15
MisterK22 Fold        
theyoungy Fold        
Lambert180 Raise   £0.20 £0.30 £14.04
4KING_NUTS Call   £0.18 £0.48 £2.18
jockyboy Call   £0.18 £0.66 £2.97
Flop

• Q

Lambert180 Bet   £0.50 £1.16 £13.54
4KING_NUTS Call   £0.50 £1.66 £1.68
jockyboy Call   £0.50 £2.16 £2.47
Turn

Lambert180 Bet   £2.16 £4.32 £11.38
4KING_NUTS All-in   £1.68 £6.00 £0.00
jockyboy All-in   £2.47 £8.47 £0.00
Lambert180 Call   £0.31 £8.78 £11.07
Lambert180 Show
  • K
  • Q

4KING_NUTS Show
  • A
  • Q

jockyboy Show

River

jockyboy Win Straight to the 10 £8.12   £8.12

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Completely fine I think. If your not shoving the turn then the only other option you have is to c/f unless they make a comedy bet. 
    I guess you could just b/c it off on the turn but I think the shove is better.
  • edited September 2012
    Tough spot, which is prob why only 1 person has posted in thread. Think you played it fine,

Flopping TopPairGK 3way OOP versus 2 loose players on a wet board is kinda dangerous here... ideally you want pot HU... more ideally you only want 1 caller on flop... but yeah given the stack sizes leading turn is only option really!! Anything else is too weak tight when your get to the turn. Like for instance not cbetting the flop would be criminal so you played a tough spot fine, just didn't work out this time.  

• edited September 2012
    think it's fine. I was in a similar hand recently and had the same outcome. But I don't really think you can get away from it. Meh. 
  • edited September 2012
    I think the biggest criticism I would make is that you chose to play the hand at all, if you were intending to play it with this big bet strategy.

This is the main pitfall of this strategy for low-stakes cash: You can get maximum value from weak players who call any two and pay off big bets with weak hands but equally, when we either get it wrong or our opponents have a bigger hand than we think, we end up being massively exploitable, especially out of position. Just look at the chap with the AQ. What has he done wrong in this hand? He's just sat there, with position on you, letting you ship your stack in while he has you crushed. If you're in position, that doesn't happen. If your bets are smaller, that doesn't happen.

So the criticism is that you played the hand with these big bets. Out of position, I think you either need to just fold hands like KQ or to ease up on the bet sizing and play a little more conventionally.

Play big pots in position and small pots out of position.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 4NL - TPGK 3way:
    I think the biggest criticism I would make is that you chose to play the hand at all, if you were intending to play it with this big bet strategy. This is the main pitfall of this strategy for low-stakes cash: You can get maximum value from weak players who call any two and pay off big bets with weak hands but equally, when we either get it wrong or our opponents have a bigger hand than we think, we end up being massively exploitable, especially out of position. Just look at the chap with the AQ. What has he done wrong in this hand? He's just sat there, with position on you, letting you ship your stack in while he has you crushed. If you're in position, that doesn't happen. If your bets are smaller, that doesn't happen. So the criticism is that you played the hand with these big bets. Out of position, I think you either need to just fold hands like KQ or to ease up on the bet sizing and play a little more conventionally. Play big pots in position and small pots out of position.
    Posted by BorinLoner
      Massively exploitable at 4nl. Lol. 

How does this not happen ip. When you run kq into AQ and flop tp v players with a wide range you lose money. You win lots v their range though.  
  • edited September 2012
    it's fine

borin worrying about being exploitable at NL4 - meh
    If Lambert is going for big bet value then the majority of the time he will be ahead, not a problem

Sure you come out best in the end

at least you get to note oppo 3 betting range )
  • edited September 2012
    In position, on this board, you probably don't bet the turn with two customers. Out of position, you don't have much choice. That's always going to be the difference... Bet it smaller and you can get away.

Okay... maybe "exploit" is the wrong word. Your opponents aren't doing it to you, you're really just value-towning yourself. I don't hate making these big bets at NL4, I just hate doing it with sub-premium hands out of position.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: 4NL - TPGK 3way:
    In position, on this board, you probably don't bet the turn with two customers. Out of position, you don't have much choice. That's always going to be the difference... Bet it smaller and you can get away. Okay... maybe "exploit" is the wrong word. Your opponents aren't doing it to you, you're really just value-towning yourself. I don't hate making these big bets at NL4, I just hate doing it with sub-premium hands out of position.
    Posted by BorinLoner

I hear ya, but when oppo going to call you down with worse more often than not it's really not a problem at NL4
    It pays to know your oppo though -

• edited September 2012
    Think you played the hand fine against wide calling ranges. I think you have to just go with the hand for 75bbs, even though it is a multiway pot.Though not very happy about it.  I would expect most players to raise sets/ two pair on the flop. Their ranges for calling the flop are mainly one pair hands, straight draws and maybe flush draws.therefore you are probably ahead here a rasonable amount of the time. For 100bbs i think we could get away for sure. Against tight passive players i prefer to keep pots  smaller out of position, and therefore would  make bets smaller, as you will be facing stronger calling ranges on all streets.