You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bad players

edited September 2012 in The Poker Clinic
why are players so bad on sky poker im playing here 2 days and am down 50 pounds because of players that cant fold a picture card or a gut shot even ace ten when they get reraised preflop and on the flop when the ace hits they keep calling and suck out

Comments

• edited September 2012
    Am sure you aren't that bad.  It's called variance.  It happens.  Sometimes it will even happen in your favour.  Don't worry about it
  • edited September 2012
    Ypur down £50 because of bad players. 

Hmmm.... 
  • edited September 2012
    What I would do is get your remaining roll and go and find lolufold on a heads up cash game.  You won't complain about bad players again
  • edited September 2012
    Move up levels
  • edited September 2012
    Just fold each hand. If you don't get involved you can't get outdrawn
  • edited September 2012
    i love these players, the more the merrier i say,

what games you playing?
  • edited September 2012
    fold till u get aces n kings simples innit play 20 nl and just wait n wait dnt wrooy bout getting blinded down just wait for them kings n aces and get em in the eye shizlle mi nizzzle 
  • edited September 2012
    Learn to play against bad players mate. They are bad because they have highly exploitable and have technically bad games. Learn how to take advantage of their weakness. You definitely don't want to be playing strong players

Play strong hands and value town calling station who call to the river.

Play a wide range and bet through the streets with a high frequency against calling stations who call a lot pre and on the flop but fold a lot on the river because they have a weak holding or missed their draw, and you have shown a lot of strength betting every street.

Rob blinds with a very wide range against players who are too tight pre flop.

Count your blessing mate it you have weak players on your table mate. Be careful what you wish for.

• edited September 2012
    Hi kev

I'm not a cash player but £50 can be a good chunk of money to play with for some. For others, who have experience, playing with it and sometimes losing it at times is just part of their 'routine' and nothing is put on the forum as they are experienced to understand that it happens no matter how good you are. I know that another site is not to be used for criticism but i would suggest that, having looked at it out of interest and seeing some info on it, if you are playing 30 p and £1 tournaments then perhaps your experience is not as extensive as it should be and spending £50 on cash games was a little rash.
    Gl in the future.
  • edited September 2012
    bad players lose more than they win
  • edited September 2012
    Are you really moaning that there are to many bad players? Just think about what you are saying for 5 mins.
  • edited September 2012
    If you can't beat bad players... you're the bad player :)
  • edited September 2012
    Players who complain about bad players grit my s@@t, thats how the good players build their BRs of course 30% of the time they draw lucky but thats poker. Your either on a cooler or over rate your play..... grow up!
  • edited September 2012
    Basically, in general terms there are 3 ways of losing a hand...

A cooler
    - can't  be too angry really cos you'll get coolers where you're on the winning and losing end, and no-one did anything wrong in a cooler.

Bad beat/Outdrawn
    - These situations are largely how we make money, by betting when you have the best hand with the odds in your favour of winning. If you don't get bad beats, you aint getting it in good (and that's what you should be worried about)

You were outplayed
    - These are the ones you should actually be angry about, in a way, because these are the ones you have control over, and you only have yourself to blame for losing as much as you did.

Always think it's funny that the one of these people get most angry about are the one which is best for us.
  • edited September 2012
    It's what the game is. Big hands don't always hold up. It's the very fabric and nature of the game. I've just had the most horrendous 2 days where EVERY AA got cracked, lost every 50/50, every 70/30 and my £215 roll that i've built up from £80 in 2 weeks at NL4 is now down to £190.

But the fact that usually these hands win is the very reason i've managed to build up so quickly, so how can we moan about it?
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: bad players:
    It's what the game is. Big hands don't always hold up. It's the very fabric and nature of the game. I've just had the most horrendous 2 days where EVERY AA got cracked, lost every 50/50, every 70/30 and my £215 roll that i've built up from £80 in 2 weeks at NL4 is now down to £190. But the fact that usually these hands win is the very reason i've managed to build up so quickly, so how can we moan about it?
    Posted by Pipunch

You've lost £25 in two days losing EVERY flip and even 70:30 chance.....hell fire...i can lose that playing a few dyms and mtts in an evening mate. I put a limit on how much i spend as i recognise i may get tilted and play poorly if i carry on. I don't run to forum's to boo hoo about bad beats and how much i've lost as probavlity laws tell me they can happen no matter how well i play.

As for your £25, what point are you making? This is NOT a bad run over two days of cash, i suggest. I'm getting a little tired of players complaining about losses when really it just comes down to not being able to afford the money they spend on poker. Best advice is to to play a buy in that's within your range. If you win great, if you lose ...TOUGH! Then consider if you can afford another....Once the decision is made then.......
    OWN IT!!!

You are not going to get a lot of sympathy from players for these actions here as you are talking to people who have had exactly the SAME experience but learned from it.......

It is not rocket science.....only play with what you can afford to lose. If you don't and can't then i suggest signing up for Gambler's Anonymous as you may have a problem
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: bad players :   You've lost £25 in two days losing EVERY flip and even 70:30 chance.....hell fire...i can lose that playing a few dyms and mtts in an evening mate. I put a limit on how much i spend as i recognise i may get tilted and play poorly if i carry on. I don't run to forum's to boo hoo about bad beats and how much i've lost as probavlity laws tell me they can happen no matter how well i play. As for your £25, what point are you making? This is NOT a bad run over two days of cash, i suggest. I'm getting a little tired of players complaining about losses when really it just comes down to not being able to afford the money they spend on poker. Best advice is to to play a buy in that's within your range. If you win great, if you lose ...TOUGH! Then consider if you can afford another....Once the decision is made then....... OWN IT!!! You are not going to get a lot of sympathy from players for these actions here as you are talking to people who have had exactly the SAME experience but learned from it....... It is not rocket science.....only play with what you can afford to lose. If you don't and can't then i suggest signing up for Gambler's Anonymous as you may have a problem .
    Posted by profman15
    +1 well said!
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: bad players :   You've lost £25 in two days losing EVERY flip and even 70:30 chance.....hell fire...i can lose that playing a few dyms and mtts in an evening mate. I put a limit on how much i spend as i recognise i may get tilted and play poorly if i carry on. I don't run to forum's to boo hoo about bad beats and how much i've lost as probavlity laws tell me they can happen no matter how well i play. As for your £25, what point are you making? This is NOT a bad run over two days of cash, i suggest. I'm getting a little tired of players complaining about losses when really it just comes down to not being able to afford the money they spend on poker. Best advice is to to play a buy in that's within your range. If you win great, if you lose ...TOUGH! Then consider if you can afford another....Once the decision is made then....... OWN IT!!! You are not going to get a lot of sympathy from players for these actions here as you are talking to people who have had exactly the SAME experience but learned from it....... It is not rocket science.....only play with what you can afford to lose. If you don't and can't then i suggest signing up for Gambler's Anonymous as you may have a problem .
    Posted by profman15
    Was the bulk of this post actually aimed at me? If it was - LOL.

"It's what the game is. Big hands don't always hold up. It's the very fabric and nature of the game. I've just had the most horrendous 2 days where EVERY AA got cracked, lost every 50/50, every 70/30 and my £215 roll that i've built up from £80 in 2 weeks at NL4 is now down to £190. But the fact that usually these hands win is the very reason i've managed to build up so quickly, so how can we moan about it?"

Reading is a skill we should all have before we try to put people down. You're being a complete dingleberry to me for absolutely no reason, going off on some crazed rant which i think reflects more on you than on me. My point was that we can lose many times in a row but if you're playing well then long term you'll win money. If you can't deduce that from my post then i suggest you skip the 'tying you own shoelaces' lessons and go sign up for college or something.
  • edited September 2012
    In Response to Re: bad players : Was the bulk of this post actually aimed at me? If it was - LOL. "It's what the game is. Big hands don't always hold up. It's the very fabric and nature of the game. I've just had the most horrendous 2 days where EVERY AA got cracked, lost every 50/50, every 70/30 and my £215 roll that i've built up from £80 in 2 weeks at NL4 is now down to £190. But the fact that usually these hands win is the very reason i've managed to build up so quickly, so how can we moan about it? " Reading is a skill we should all have before we try to put people down. You're being a complete dingleberry to me for absolutely no reason, going off on some crazed rant which i think reflects more on you than on me. My point was that we can lose many times in a row but if you're playing well then long term you'll win money. If you can't deduce that from my post then i suggest you skip the 'tying you own shoelaces' lessons and go sign up for college or something.
    Posted by Pipunch
    Hello pipunch

I think we both know the reason why you're getting attention pipunch.
    I don't nderstand why a loss of £25 in two days and all the rest  playing nl4 is anything to do with the post. Surely thats expected at times. £12.50 a day. Come on now. It's hardly a king's ransom. I played just three games today and lost almost a tenner.....but saw it as a good return for a few hours play.

I'm not ranting...there's no need to. I'm entitled to an opinion and that's what the forum presents. I've not been abusive. I'm making, i feel,  valid points about people who come onto the forum to complain about how much they've lost. However, when they are given good advice, by people other than myself, they get upset and wring their hands. This kind of post has happened a few times in just one month and tends to end in upset.
    I'm just stating the viewi i have. I'm not being malicious but posts of people's losses are boring. Asking for advice and acting upon it is what the clinic and forum are for. We've all made mistakes with money.

This reaction wouldn't have something to do with the post i put in your/ your fiance's, died's thead explaining that it was a thinly disguised pop at one member of the forum after an argument you had the day before, would it, by any chance?

I play for fun and enjoy the forum too. If i think something is wrong, i'm allowed to say, aren't i?
     By the way
    1. i don't understand the 'tying your shoelaces' analogy.
    2. i intend to sign up for a college coure actually.
    3. What exactly is a dingleberry as i've never heard the term?

Let's just agree to disagree shall we and not contact each other again, eh? I wish you well in your poker and good luck at the tables.