You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Unlucky TK @ DTD

edited November 2009 in Poker Chat
166th - tell us all what happened?

Comments

• edited November 2009

Age is catching up with him, he will be first out tuesday ;)

• edited November 2009
    HEHE  I hope to be taking down Team TK single handedly. Then again I may not be in to play :( bring it onnnn
  • edited November 2009
    Quite an achievement to get the same position as ur age :)
  • edited November 2009

Just one of those days really. I now get Sundays off, have done for 3 weeks now, so I try & find a game somewhere. And 3 weeks in a row I've departed early, partly through playing too fast.

I played badly the first 2 Levels today, too eager to get involved, & duelling with a few buddies, as you do, & 10k soon became 5k. I donked off most of them, though my Queens got rivered by A-7 for a chunky pot. 

Then I Raised up UTG into a loose Table, with Blinds at 150-300, & made it 1k to go. Now, what hand you you put me on here? I am Lord Nit of Nit-Ville, after all, & I'm UTG on a loose 9 seater! Yes, I had the boots, but amazingly picked up FIVE callers! It came raggy tag tag, I moved in, all Pass bar one who Called with J-J, missed, & I was back in it.

Then I lost 60% of my stack with my K-Q on a Q-high board. Something smelt fishy, & I could not make the All-In Call on the end. It turned out I was a spot behind, so a good fold in the end.

Eventually I took a race with my Q-J v Villain's 9-9, & I hit both my cards. And he hit one of his.....

I had a terrific time though.

Chatted with Sky Poker-ists JaegerBomb, BeaneH, & LJB ---- (?), & then chilled for a bit with Simon Aces Trumper, Maria "Chili" Demetriou, & Red-Dog.

Simon Trumper wheels & deals in watches - wristwatches - he'as a bit of a watch geek. I was chatting to a dodgy geezer who tried to sell me a brand new Brietling watch for £6,000 - "it's worth £7,950 in the Shops" says dodgy geezer - so I got Simon to run his eyer over it. It's extraordinarry to see an expert look at stuff like that. Simon eventually told Mr Dodgy that he'd offer about £2,000 for it. Apparently they go for about 25% of Retail Value. Good grief. It may even have been a copy.

Thats it now, a few heavy days ahead, I've got a few boils to lance, & a few nettles to grasp. Gotta be done.
  • edited November 2009
    I dont know how you get the time.  You seem to be everywhere
  • edited November 2009
    A lot of American import Brietlings about at the moment. Need to be careful not to pick up a recon jobby from India too. I sold a couple of Omega seamasters on Ebay and got a good price for them a couple of months ago. Then bought a genuine 1957 Roamer for the whopping price of £30. It was my very first wristwatch when I was 7, and I love it.

Watch geeks are worse than train geeks.
  • edited November 2009
    just a case of bad luck then really.